RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2023
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 02/15/23 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Dallas fans do you like D Miller enough to consider 3 and 5 for 2?

Minnesota doesn’t need more picks. They should probably tempt Dunn with a big package to get #1.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Queenie

PostPosted: 02/15/23 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think there's a big package that can tempt Lin Dunn, but I guess you can try

(now with spelling variations)
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/16/23 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Assuming Boston stays in the draft, I don't think Minnesota could offer anything that would even tempt Indiana without including Collier.

PostPosted: 02/16/23 3:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The last year of McBride + #2 in 2023 + #12 in 2023 + first round pick in 2025 (hoping nobody good from 2024 stays until 2025). This is assuming Boston enters the draft. For all that, maybe it should be Boston and Henny together. Smile

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
scullyfu

PostPosted: 02/16/23 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I don't think there's a big package that can tempt Lin Dunn, but I guess you can try

BWAHAHAHA BWAHAHAHA

PostPosted: 02/16/23 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
The last year of McBride + #2 in 2023 + #12 in 2023 + first round pick in 2025 (hoping nobody good from 2024 stays until 2025). This is assuming Boston enters the draft. For all that, maybe it should be Boston and Henny together. Smile

Indy doesn't need any older players or picks outside the top half of the draft but lets take some of your idea and make it much more tempting for Indy while stilll giving Minny something to really consider

#2 and Collier
for
#1 and Henderson

(add Clark or Buekers to Minny and Brink to Indy next season and they both have a nice young core moving forward)

This conversation should probably be in the Minny thread at this point

MNfan22

PostPosted: 02/16/23 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Shades wrote:

Indy doesn't need any older players or picks outside the top half of the draft but lets take some of your idea and make it much more tempting for Indy while stilll giving Minny something to really consider

#2 and Collier
for
#1 and Henderson

(add Clark or Buekers to Minny and Brink to Indy next season and they both have a nice young core moving forward)

This conversation should probably be in the Minny thread at this point

Nah. Let it die here. Laughing

PostPosted: 04/10/23 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You made choices Dallas. I'll give you that. Actually, you made the same choice 5 times in a row. Laughing

PostPosted: 04/10/23 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
You made choices Dallas. I'll give you that. Actually, you made the same choice 5 times in a row. Laughing

very fair-skinned choices at that, according to some on social media – including one Arike Ogunbowale Shocked the messiness within this organization doesn't appear to be going away anytime soon

DTP

PostPosted: 04/10/23 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

very fair-skinned choices at that, according to some on social media – including one Arike Ogunbowale Shocked the messiness within this organization doesn't appear to be going away anytime soon

I really don't understand why so much of women's basketball talk turns into a race thing.....just seems a little unnecessary to me.

If you look at their core rotation players, Arike is probably the only reliable consistent shooter. It makes complete sense to look hard to address the weakness of shooting around them. If they come out of this draft with 2 players that can reliably space the floor for them, this night is a win.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/11/23 1:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas' 2023 Picks:

3. Maddy Siegrist, 6' 1" F, Villanova
4. *Stephanie Soares, 6' 6" C/F, Iowa State/Brazil
5. Lou Lopez Sénéchal, 6' 1" G/F, UConn/France
11. Abby Meyers, 6' 0" G/F, Maryland
19. Ashley Joens, 6' 1" F/G, Iowa State
31. Paige Robinson, 5' 10" SG, Illinois State

*acquired from Washington in exchange for a 2025 1RP (via Atlanta) & a 2024 2RP

tfan

PostPosted: 04/11/23 3:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Dallas' 2023 Picks:

The Wings have bumped up Siegrist to 6'2" on their roster listing. It's possible only one of those first rounders makes the roster. Seems a better idea would be to draft athleticism and hope for skill to develop, not to draft skill and hope athleticism develops.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/11/23 4:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Dallas' 2023 Picks:

The Wings have bumped up Siegrist to 6'2" on their roster listing. It's possible only one of those first rounders makes the roster. Seems a better idea would be to draft athleticism and hope for skill to develop, not to draft skill and hope athleticism develops.

Nah, just draft for skill.
Then add an inch to their height, 2 inches to their wingspan, 4 inches to their vertical, and knock half a second off their sprint time. Bam! Athleticism developed with just a few keystrokes.

PostPosted: 04/11/23 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/12/23 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Seems a better idea would be to draft athleticism and hope for skill to develop, not to draft skill and hope athleticism develops.

Depends on whether it's preferable for players repeatedly to miss both outside shots and layups athletically or skillfully.

For all their difficulties, I for unknown reasons somewhat like the Wings. If they get some really good shooters, maybe they'll have a better shot.

I've much enjoyed watching Siegrist, Senechal, Joens and Meyers in college, and hope some or all can stick around as stick-it-through-the-hoop-ers.
tfan

PostPosted: 04/13/23 2:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
tfan wrote:
Seems a better idea would be to draft athleticism and hope for skill to develop, not to draft skill and hope athleticism develops.

Depends on whether it's preferable for players repeatedly to miss both outside shots and layups athletically or skillfully.

Probably you are joking, but the problem for the skilled players is mostly in being able to get a good shot off or to stop the athletic players from being able to get a good shot off.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 04/14/23 5:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
tfan wrote:

Probably you are joking, but the problem for the skilled players is mostly in being able to get a good shot off or to stop the athletic players from being able to get a good shot off.

So, how do you explain the sucess of skilled and intelligent players like Diana Taurasi, Sue Bird, Larry Bird and countless others like them. These players are and were not considered athletic players according to your description or even their's.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 04/14/23 5:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

I really don't understand why so much of women's basketball talk turns into a race thing.....just seems a little unnecessary to me.

If you look at their core rotation players, Arike is probably the only reliable consistent shooter. It makes complete sense to look hard to address the weakness of shooting around them. If they come out of this draft with 2 players that can reliably space the floor for them, this night is a win.

Racists and Race Hustlers come in All Colors. Some explore it openly and directly: Some support and explore it indirectly through others. Either way it's inappropriate and disgusting.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/16/23 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey Bibb watch the first 12 mins of this Video Angel Reese and Flaujae both named our team as a place they want to be drafted too. Get that damn 2024 pick back asap!! Angel also states she will be at the draft next year most likely around the 19:45 mark. She’s eligible even though LSU tried to call her a sophomore this year smh as Angel correct at the the 56:55 min mark “she’s about to be a senior” Same as Olivia miles but with her injury she may just exhaust her time at ND.

https://youtu.be/0nPeKqJCf_c

PostPosted: 04/16/23 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The 2024 pick they traded away was a second-rounder. I don't think you need to worry about Angel Reese or Olivia Miles being available at that choice, whichever team is making it.

PostPosted: 04/16/23 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
The 2024 pick they traded away was a second-rounder. I don't think you need to worry about Angel Reese or Olivia Miles being available at that choice, whichever team is making it.

Thanks richy I went to sleep after that trade never cared to get details . Either way I want 2025 first round back as well. Ship collier off if a suitor has finally warmed up to her *cough cough Reeve* as the past attempts say otherwise.

PostPosted: 04/16/23 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

This is funny coming from an Iowa and Bluder fan, I mean especially comparing Iowa’s mens team to the womens Laughing

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/16/23 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think that was a comment more on filling the same need with every draft pick, except for Soares.

(now with spelling variations)
tfan

PostPosted: 04/16/23 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
tfan wrote:

So, how do you explain the sucess of skilled and intelligent players like Diana Taurasi, Sue Bird, Larry Bird and countless others like them. These players are and were not considered athletic players according to your description or even their's.

Neither of us gave a description. Wink Diana Taurasi was a big guard with big long arms (long arms being an important ingredient in basketball athleticism). She didn't have trouble getting her shot off and could bully people as a defender even if she wasn't the quickest. Sue Bird was fast and quick enough to even get a good shot off in crunch time. People acknowledged she wasn't a good defender. Larry Bird was a tall small forward (height can make up for athleticism). He had a 28 inch vertical which is considered lackluster for the NBA. But he was more athletic on offense than we remember. There is video on YouTube of him getting shots off against aggressive defense from Dennis Rodman and Michael Cooper, etc. (but his height does also factor in).

Bird, Bird and Taurasi were also big names in college. But Allie Quigley (who seems to have a good wingspan) went from a 22nd pick who had trouble staying on a team to a 3-time all star. So there's always that possibility.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/16/23 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I think that was a comment more on filling the same need with every draft pick, except for Soares.

Yep

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16

Jump to: