Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2023
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 08/28/22 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Started it ? How old are we ? I was never even responding nor talking to you in this thread to start something with you . I simply replied to shades whom quoted my post stating Smith was not cheering for Dallas. It was an A & B discussion , Then you came in with this negative energy as i've been noticing everywhere lately on this board...

I'm going to reply to this, because I'm not the type of person to let things slide (which, apparently gets conflated with "negative energy" around here), and then you can go ahead and have your last word: there's no such thing as an "A & B conversation" on a public message board. You have the right to say what you want and have whatever opinion you want but, once you put it out there, it's out there. You can have your "A & B conversations" in DMs and, basically, nowhere else. You're on some nonsense telling me that something that you said is not my business, when you're the one who put it out there for everybody to read: that's how all this got started, in the first place.

I wish I had half your energy.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/28/22 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Know when to hold 'em. Know when to fold 'em. Know when to walk away...

👍🏿✌🏿

PostPosted: 08/28/22 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Started it ? How old are we ? I was never even responding nor talking to you in this thread to start something with you . I simply replied to shades whom quoted my post stating Smith was not cheering for Dallas. It was an A & B discussion , Then you came in with this negative energy as i've been noticing everywhere lately on this board...

I'm going to reply to this, because I'm not the type of person to let things slide (which, apparently gets conflated with "negative energy" around here), and then you can go ahead and have your last word: there's no such thing as an "A & B conversation" on a public message board. You have the right to say what you want and have whatever opinion you want but, once you put it out there, it's out there. You can have your "A & B conversations" in DMs and, basically, nowhere else. You're on some nonsense telling me that something that you said is not my business, when you're the one who put it out there for everybody to read: that's how all this got started, in the first place.

Scroll up and identify who put it out there in regards to naming individuals. This board has always had a general respect for privacy of the players and not singling people out and their personal lives as a piece of integrity this board kept but you may not have been around that long….. Overall can you go back up in the thread and confirm where “Myself” started this weird rampage of yours in a Dallas Wings thread? If I offended you or said something directly inappropriate to you I apologize but I don’t because I did not. It’s weird because I remember when you joined and we were very friendly now you’ve taken this weird path of destruction against anyone and anybody who does not share your personal view. I will keep you in my highest praise Silk . I’m just tired of seeing you bully people on this board and I’m not going to let it happen to me ever in which I’m sure you know. We all have done and said some bad things but I’ve never come for you until you sent for me today so yes let’s end this discussion and continue to focus on My home team Dallas not Atlanta #HateHard

PostPosted: 08/28/22 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I left bc I got tired of interactions with people who had half of that posters energy , but this is the 3rd time they have tried to openly engage in an argument with me over my personal view. I’m tired of it so today I’m giving what’s suppose to have been gave . I appreciate the sentiments of knowing it’s not just me who feels this way. I just have time and my teams season is over .

PostPosted: 08/28/22 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing I just love myrtle.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/28/22 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I left bc I got tired of interactions with people who had half of that posters energy , but this is the 3rd time they have tried to openly engage in an argument with me over my personal view. I’m tired of it so today I’m giving what’s suppose to have been gave . I appreciate the sentiments of knowing it’s not just me who feels this way. I just have time and my teams season is over .

Your Dallas team has a bright future. Keep building and grinding. Good things will happen.

PostPosted: 08/28/22 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing I just love myrtle.

Me as well I tried to take the high road but I’m over it lol don’t come to my teams thread trying to instigate silliness we have had enough of that these last 6 years , if you know what I mean . I apologize to the mods who know I was genuinely trying to speak on basketball and not terrible interactions.

PostPosted: 08/28/22 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Your Dallas team has a bright future. Keep building and grinding. Good things will happen.

*Hearts Rockhard * #WFFL

PostPosted: 08/29/22 2:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so big questions for Dallas

What is going to happen with Gray?

in the Dallas 2022 thread there is some weird quote around that trade deadline "Gray will stay with the team through the season and will likely be moved later" or something similar

Gray is under contract for 23 but there is definitely a trade market for her IMO based on salary vs production so is Gray back? or what can they get for her?

Dallas has two very interesting RFA in Mabrey and McCowan I don't view either as max players but both have enough impact on the game and are still young enough that I could see other teams trying to outbid Dallas so Who might come for Mabery or McCowan? Would they sign offers from other teams? What would Dallas be willing to match? Or should Dallas just try to come correct with decent offers for both so they aren't tempted to look elsewhere?

Does anyone try to get Collier in a trade and see if there is something there without risking the waiver wire? Does Dallas hang on to Collier another year or does it even matter? Minn has pick 12, LA has pick 14 and Atl has pick 15 would that be considered by either side?

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 08/30/22 6:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
I thought the conversation was going to be about the Wings season in '23...guess not😒

Wait. I thought you weren't a real person?

Did we ever get an update on when Wnba09 tried to meet you at the game and your section didn't exist?

The 👿 is always busy.....

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 08/30/22 6:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
I thought the conversation was going to be about the Wings season in '23...

Let's keep it a stack: the Wings' 2022 season just ended three days ago. It's not as if you guys actually had anything basketball-related to talk about.

Also, he started it.

Gotta love your sense of humor 🤦

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 08/30/22 6:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
I thought the conversation was going to be about the Wings season in '23...

Let's keep it a stack: the Wings' 2022 season just ended three days ago. It's not as if you guys actually had anything basketball-related to talk about.

Also, he started it.

Started it ? How old are we ? I was never even responding nor talking to you in this thread to start something with you . I simply replied to shades whom quoted my post stating Smith was not cheering for Dallas. It was an A & B discussion , Then you came in with this negative energy as i've been noticing everywhere lately on this board , but alright moving on. Let's swivel back to the topic please. Dallas needs to figure out what to do with Sabally . She's not a 4 and she's not that effective as a SF because she can't shoot it. I would not mind giving her one more year to show and prove but if she get's hurt again and has to miss 3/4's of the season as usual then i think we move on . What are your WFFL's opinions ?

+1

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 08/30/22 6:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
How many folks feel that VJ did enough to secure her return next year?

Will Sabally become the next Moriah Jefferson? (injury history)

I was glad to see McCowan come into her own this year! The first time I saw her was during a preseason game against the Sky her rookie year. My first thought was "Who is this big doofus-looking girl?" in light of her seeming so lost and the fact that she was markedly taller than nearly everyone else on the court. She was hustling, for sure, but she was struggling. It's always great to see a player's progression! Smile

Unfortunately, I see her coming back unless something happened behind the scenes that we are unaware of!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 08/30/22 6:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
so big questions for Dallas

What is going to happen with Gray?

in the Dallas 2022 thread there is some weird quote around that trade deadline "Gray will stay with the team through the season and will likely be moved later" or something similar

Gray is under contract for 23 but there is definitely a trade market for her IMO based on salary vs production so is Gray back? or what can they get for her?

Dallas has two very interesting RFA in Mabrey and McCowan I don't view either as max players but both have enough impact on the game and are still young enough that I could see other teams trying to outbid Dallas so Who might come for Mabery or McCowan? Would they sign offers from other teams? What would Dallas be willing to match? Or should Dallas just try to come correct with decent offers for both so they aren't tempted to look elsewhere?

Does anyone try to get Collier in a trade and see if there is something there without risking the waiver wire? Does Dallas hang on to Collier another year or does it even matter? Minn has pick 12, LA has pick 14 and Atl has pick 15 would that be considered by either side?

Damn, it's like you're reading my mind...these are all my thoughts exactly!!!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/30/22 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:

I was glad to see McCowan come into her own this year! The first time I saw her was during a preseason game against the Sky her rookie year. My first thought was "Who is this big doofus-looking girl?" in light of her seeming so lost and the fact that she was markedly taller than nearly everyone else on the court. She was hustling, for sure, but she was struggling. It's always great to see a player's progression! Smile

Unfortunately, I see her coming back unless something happened behind the scenes that we are unaware of!

Agreed , this is her extension year so she will need to play hard and actually STAY healthy if she wants to stick around for the big payday. As of today i will say Satou has been underperforming and not deserving . We can give her 1 more year , hopefully Gray has had a change of heart but from what ive seen / heard it's not likely . Question is what do you think we can get for her in a trade since shes under contract ?

PostPosted: 08/30/22 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
I thought the conversation was going to be about the Wings season in '23...guess not😒

Did we ever get an update on when Wnba09 tried to meet you at the game and your section didn't exist?

Also , DFdub i do sincerely apologize for any rude comments or behaviors i have displayed towards you in the past . It was not personal and i hate i reacted that way after the game. All love #WFFL

PostPosted: 08/31/22 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

Also , DFdub i do sincerely apologize for any rude comments or behaviors i have displayed towards you in the past . It was not personal and i hate i reacted that way after the game. All love #WFFL

It's all love....you know how we do in tha Dub😎

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 08/31/22 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:

Agreed , this is her extension year so she will need to play hard and actually STAY healthy if she wants to stick around for the big payday. As of today i will say Satou has been underperforming and not deserving . We can give her 1 more year , hopefully Gray has had a change of heart but from what ive seen / heard it's not likely . Question is what do you think we can get for her in a trade since shes under contract ?

Shit...I'll take Marine Johannes+ 1st Rd Pk for her in a heartbeat!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 08/31/22 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:

As far Satou, I'm still trying to figure out how she can afford to buy property in Downtown Dallas let alone what her future might be😆😆😆

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/31/22 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:

As far Satou, I'm still trying to figure out how she can afford to buy property in Downtown Dallas let alone what her future might be😆😆😆

Overseas $$ and to be honest downtown is not that expensive maybe 2K a month max. Downtown Dallas that is .

PostPosted: 08/31/22 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Sun loses to Chicago again. I would try to facilitate a 3-way trade:

To Conn: SDS & Awak

To Phoe: Mabrey (RF), Collier & Dal 2023 2nd rd pk

To Dal: J.Jones

OR

To Conn: SDS

To Dal: A.Thomas

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 08/31/22 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:

Overseas $$ and to be honest downtown is not that expensive maybe 2K a month max. Downtown Dallas that is .

On her Instagram she stated she was buying not renting.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 08/31/22 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

OR

I'll take option #1 for $200 Alex!!!

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 08/31/22 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

OR

Dream a little dream...if you think CT's gonna give up any of the big 3 (MVP J.Jones, AThomas,Bonner) when they'll likely lose BJones to free agency...you're dreaming. Do the Sun need help in the backcourt? Absolutely. But not by giving up what's left of the frontcourt. On the other hand, CT is one team that would be a possible landing spot for SDS. AThomas and Bonner will adapt to her scowling ways if the team is better on the floor. I could see SDS and Courtney Williams getting into it, though.

~rAf
zune69

PostPosted: 08/31/22 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

OR

Dream a little dream...if you think CT's gonna give up any of the big 3 (MVP J.Jones, AThomas,Bonner) when they'll likely lose BJones to free agency...you're dreaming. Do the Sun need help in the backcourt? Absolutely. But not by giving up what's left of the frontcourt. On the other hand, CT is one team that would be a possible landing spot for SDS. AThomas and Bonner will adapt to her scowling ways if the team is better on the floor. I could see SDS and Courtney Williams getting into it, though.

If Connecticut loses to Chicago again, they might be open to moving JJ or AT....Both players had their best season when the other was injured...Connecticut's weakest position is PG...Phoenix is open to trading SDS...If Connecticut trades JJ or AT I'm sure they would retain the services of B.Jones....B.Jones has proven that she can play at a high level with Jones or AT.

Of course, Connecticut could finally win the championship and keep the team together.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

Jump to: