Dallas Wings 2023
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queenie

PostPosted: 02/02/23 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

they do say everything is bigger in Texas

PostPosted: 02/02/23 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Kalani Brown Signed to Training Camp Contract.

Interested to see how she is now with her fitness. Lord knows i dont want to see two Gojiras running slew footed down the flioor on the same team. (McCowan & Kalani ) .

She's averaging 22 ppg + 9.5 rebounds in Israel right now.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/02/23 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Interested to see how she is now with her fitness. Lord knows i dont want to see two Gojiras running slew footed down the flioor on the same team. (McCowan & Kalani ) .

That's good but not that impressive in my opinion . Thus the reason its a training camp contract. I think she has a shot , but i hope we don't rely on her being another post. Hell we can't even rely on Collier and we know Izzy is gone . So that leaves Howard and Sabally and maybe Awak but i see her more as a SF with length .

PostPosted: 02/03/23 7:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="basketballologist"]
basketballologist wrote:
basketballologist wrote:
Updated Depth Chart:

1: Crystal Dangerfield/Veronica Burton
2: Arike Ogunbowale/Jasmine Dickey
3: Satou Sabally/Awak Kuier
4: Natasha Howard/Charli Collier
5: Tearia McCowan/Kalani Brown

Additions:
- Kalani Brown: training camp contract UPDATE
- Crystal Dangerfield: via trade UPDATE
- Natasha Howard: via trade
- Tearia McCowan: re-signed
- 2023 1st round pick
- 2025 1st round pick

Subtractions:
- Bella Alaire: full season suspension
- Allisha Gray : via trade
- Tyasha Harris: via trade
- Isabelle Harrison: via free agency
- Kayla Thornton : via trade

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/03/23 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Worried about Mabrey rn.......... Embarassed Embarassed

PostPosted: 02/03/23 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

My guess is with some gaping holes at PG on other teams Mabrey probably didn't take whatever Dallas' initial offer was and is waiting for a possible max (or close to max) offer sheet ATM Chicago or Seattle could offer one (possibly somewhere else as well but might have to be a sign and trade) the good news Dallas has enough cap to match if they choose and maybe still even get to 12 but can definitely squeeze in a max and get to 11 so the Wings will still have the final decision.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/03/23 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ultimately though, if Mabrey doesn’t want to be back, then she won’t be

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/03/23 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The fact that we signed Dangerfield to a multi-year contract has me definitely concerned we did not appease mabrey with our offer smh .

PostPosted: 02/03/23 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

My guess is with some gaping holes at PG on other teams Mabrey probably didn't take whatever Dallas' initial offer was and is waiting for a possible max (or close to max) offer sheet ATM Chicago or Seattle could offer one (possibly somewhere else as well but might have to be a sign and trade) the good news Dallas has enough cap to match if they choose and maybe still even get to 12 but can definitely squeeze in a max and get to 11 so the Wings will still have the final decision.

________X But also do we keep a player who actively wanted to leave by forcing her to take the same pay here only to leave again when shes an UFA ?

PostPosted: 02/03/23 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

And if she picks somewhere in particular then that can slow things down as well. Because you don't want to sign an offer sheet with that place if you think Dallas will just match, because you then by rule can't be traded to that team for a year. So then it becomes a matter of whether Dallas want to play hardball, or try to work out a trade with wherever it is.

PostPosted: 02/03/23 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

________X But also do we keep a player who actively wanted to leave by forcing her to take the same pay here only to leave again when shes an UFA ?

It depends on off she really want to leave or is just doing what owners do in trying to get the best deal. Sloot leaving Chicago and not going to Seattle has probably created a market for Mabrey that wasn't there when Dallas probably made their initial offer. Some players go after championships but other players have the right to try and maximize their payday. If signing an offer sheet means getting say 200k vs 150k it could just be business and if Dallas is willing to pay then great.

Now if she is actively trying to leave that is another story

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/04/23 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

LMAO....You just love any potential negative outcomes in Dallas, don't you...but I still like you Storm😁😁😁

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/04/23 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

That's good but not that impressive in my opinion . Thus the reason its a training camp contract. I think she has a shot , but i hope we don't rely on her being another post. Hell we can't even rely on Collier and we know Izzy is gone . So that leaves Howard and Sabally and maybe Awak but i see her more as a SF with length .

She wouldn't have been my first choice but at the same time I don't hate it either. I actually petitioned Bibb to bring in Kiah Stokes because of her defense but it didn't happen😒. However, I don't "hate" the Kalani signing because we don't actually need her to do much except give T-Mac a break + her tendency to get in early foul trouble against uptempo teams and when she does go out you're not losing that 6'7 frame, wingspan or space being taken up with Kalani on the floor....let's not forget when AU first started who was the one EVERYBODY in the league was raving about and suggesting should have a shot on some W's roster...none other than Kalani Brown! I'm willing to see how this all plays out👀

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/04/23 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

That's good but not that impressive in my opinion .

Well what statline would you find impressive? Brown has some talent alongside her on that team (Hiedeman & Walker-Kimbrough aka SWK) to where she doesn’t have to do it all herself, but still sorta does. SWK is leading the team in rebounds at a little over 10 rpg! Brown leads the team in scoring, is shooting 71% fg, and is one of four players on that team averaging at least 1 bpg – a category she also leads the team in (1.7). And of those 9.5 rpg of hers, 4.5 of those are of the offensive variety, which is a pretty hefty number.

Last edited by Stormeo on 02/04/23 1:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/04/23 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like the idea of Stokes if we can afford her we need her post defense we don’t need her to score but I think Atlanta is going to beat us to the punch as we wait on Marina smh.

PostPosted: 02/05/23 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I like the idea of Stokes if we can afford her we need her post defense we don’t need her to score but I think Atlanta is going to beat us to the punch as we wait on Marina smh.

Yep...I've been pleading with Bibb & Trammell for the past two weeks but they won't listen 😒😒😒

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/09/23 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mabrey...Damn damn damn !! Confused

PostPosted: 02/09/23 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Did she sign somewhere?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/09/23 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

LMAO....You just love any potential negative outcomes in Dallas, don't you

but am i wrong tho??

for the record: i’d want her to stay in Dallas at this point & give Trammell a chance but it sounds like it’s not gonna happen:

WNBA 09 wrote:

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/09/23 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Did she sign somewhere?

Spill the tea.

I am still going with Chicago or Seattle max her out and Dallas doesn't match

but a sign and trade somewhere is more interesting and with Dallas having a decent off season don't want to see them lose her for nothing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/10/23 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Did she sign somewhere?

Spill the tea.

I am still going with Chicago or Seattle max her out and Dallas doesn't match

but a sign and trade somewhere is more interesting and with Dallas having a decent off season don't want to see them lose her for nothing

a lot of back and forth right now . Kind of making things tough , but im keeping faith although im sure trust has been ruined between the FO and her.

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 02/10/23 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davis4632

PostPosted: 02/10/23 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/ESPN_WomenHoop/status/1624127182821003264?t=28s0w3ULDWs2_bTySUTDEw&s=19

Diamond DeShields will be traded from Phoenix to the Dallas Wings, a source confirms to ESPN’s Andraya Carter.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/10/23 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
https://twitter.com/ESPN_WomenHoop/status/1624127182821003264?t=28s0w3ULDWs2_bTySUTDEw&s=19

Diamond DeShields will be traded from Phoenix to the Dallas Wings, a source confirms to ESPN’s Andraya Carter.

Great move....Fills the Gray void . I think we need to draft a True PG at #3 AGAIN or use it for trade bait . I got a feeling Bibb is relying on Dangermouse and Burton and will decide to draft elsewhere smh. I cannot think of one college PG that's worth #3 in this class anyways tbh No to osborne .

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 02/10/23 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/10/23 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A multi-team trade is close to being finalized that would end up sending Marina Mabrey to the Chicago Sky and Diamond DeShields to the Dallas Wings. A 4 team trade to be exact.

Damn damn damn.....

PostPosted: 02/10/23 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:

Great move....Fills the Gray void . I think we need to draft a True PG at #3 AGAIN or use it for trade bait . I got a feeling Bibb is relying on Dangermouse and Burton and will decide to draft elsewhere smh. I cannot think of one college PG that's worth #3 in this class anyways tbh No to osborne .

Maybe they go back to experimenting with Arike at the 1 but with Dangerfield as the first guard off the bench getting near starter minutes allowing Arike to play decent minutes off the ball

maybe start
Ogunbowale, Deshields, Sabally, Howard and McCowan

with a decent amount of shifting up a spot with Ogunbowale going 1/2 Deshields 2/3 Sabally 3/4 and Howard 4/5 and McCowan 5

and then decent minutes for Dangerfield, Burton and Kuier

working in the #3 pick

and not really having to rely too much on Collier or Brown
tbh I wouldn't be surprised if Collier ended up getting swapped to PX or Chicago as part of the deal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 10 of 16

Jump to: