RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2023
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 08/24/22 10:00 pm    ::: Dallas Wings 2023 Reply Reply with quote

Well, the Wings are starting to look like a glass half-full, rather than half-empty Exclamation A lot of good development of players on the individual level and team chemistry, surprised most everyone by making the playoffs, but something is still missing... What more needs to happen? Will 2023 be another good development year or can they take a big leap with the right moves? Question

P.S. Thanks to Teaira McCowan, Kayla Thornton, Marina Mabrey and Satou Sabally for their contributions to my ESPN WNBA Fantasy Team this year Razz We won! Mr. Green

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/24/22 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know I said in the AM but wth , VJ needs to develop Awak more . She was the answer when Izzy went down but VJ didn’t realize until it was too late in regards to defending JJ . She used Sabally who got punished each time. She chose not to use McCowan due to footspeed and got exposed when Izzy got injured . She had no plan B and waited to long to put McCowan in when the 2nd half started. Next year Gray will be gone Izzy most likely as well. NaLyssa smith was in attendance tonight cheering on Dallas awkwardly. I saw Bibb and her and coach Nicki Collen having a quiet discussion as a group during halftime . If she wants to be a wing I’m gladly accepting of trading Satou for NaLyssa Smith. I think she fits better with us anyway but I doubt Indiana let’s her go for another 2-3 years . We have a good core of Arike, Marina , McCowan imo everyone else is expendable .

PostPosted: 08/25/22 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I know I said in the AM but wth , VJ needs to develop Awak more . She was the answer when Izzy went down but VJ didn’t realize until it was too late in regards to defending JJ . She used Sabally who got punished each time. She chose not to use McCowan due to footspeed and got exposed when Izzy got injured . She had no plan B and waited to long to put McCowan in when the 2nd half started. Next year Gray will be gone Izzy most likely as well. NaLyssa smith was in attendance tonight cheering on Dallas awkwardly. I saw Bibb and her and coach Nicki Collen having a quiet discussion as a group during halftime . If she wants to be a wing I’m gladly accepting of trading Satou for NaLyssa Smith. I think she fits better with us anyway but I doubt Indiana let’s her go for another 2-3 years . We have a good core of Arike, Marina , McCowan imo everyone else is expendable .

She lowered the Mustard Jar.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 08/25/22 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Are you sure Gray is gone?

Interestingly, coming outta college I thought Satou’s game would translate better. I didn’t think NaLyssa would be this good.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/25/22 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Satou is really a wing, or should be, not a PF. Usually we talk about undersized posts trying to become SFs, but here we have an oversized SF that has been forced to play PF. She may eventually adapt, but I would like to see her play her natural position.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/25/22 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Satou is really a wing, or should be, not a PF. Usually we talk about undersized posts trying to become SFs, but here we have an oversized SF that has been forced to play PF. She may eventually adapt, but I would like to see her play her natural position.

IOW, Sabally is a tweener.

The problem putting her on the wing is that she can't shoot.

PostPosted: 08/25/22 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
NaLyssa smith was in attendance tonight cheering on Dallas awkwardly.

It must have been awkward because she was really cheering for Connecticut.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/25/22 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sabally's shot well overseas. 21-45 in EuroLeague and 51-114 in the Turkish League from three last season. Obviously lesser defenses and playing for a pretty dominant team, but she can hit shots. We desperately need to see what she's like at WNBA level if she can actually stay healthy for an extended stretch.

Hopefully that would also help her interior defense, because they do seem determined to make her a stretch 4 rather than a big 3.

PostPosted: 08/25/22 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I know why you state this , but she was cheering on Dallas most definitely . Maybe a clap or two when a certain person scored but overall she was a wings fan last night.

PostPosted: 08/25/22 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I know why you state this , but she was cheering on Dallas most definitely . Maybe a clap or two when a certain person scored but overall she was a wings fan last night.

Why wouldn't you just say that Smith was cheering for DiJonai Carrington? Why the innuendo, is this supposed to be a secret? And if it is, why mention it at all?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/25/22 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Why wouldn't you just say that Smith was cheering for DiJonai Carrington? Why the innuendo, is this supposed to be a secret? And if it is, why mention it at all?

I will not indulge. Arrow Arrow

PostPosted: 08/25/22 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I will not indulge. :arrow: :arrow:

Whatever that means. Do you have a fetish for talking in riddles, or something? Do you also have a green bowler hat and romper with a bunch of question marks in your wardrobe?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/26/22 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
I will not indulge. Arrow Arrow

Whatever that means. Do you have a fetish for talking in riddles, or something? Do you also have a green bowler hat and romper with a bunch of question marks in your wardrobe?

Thank you .

PostPosted: 08/26/22 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought the conversation was going to be about the Wings season in '23...guess not😒

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/26/22 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
I thought the conversation was going to be about the Wings season in '23...guess not😒

_______________X

PostPosted: 08/27/22 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:

Wait. I thought you weren't a real person?

Did we ever get an update on when Wnba09 tried to meet you at the game and your section didn't exist?

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 08/27/22 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am less excited for next season then following last season. Gray was possibly the best player on the team. Izzy offers consistency that they sorely need, and the completely misused and under-used Awak. She’s like Azura. They will end up stupidly trading her for a rental contract and she’ll go be a critical piece in a championship team in 2 years. If not playing for my Wings, hope James Wade capitalizes again.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/28/22 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
I thought the conversation was going to be about the Wings season in '23...

Let's keep it a stack: the Wings' 2022 season just ended three days ago. It's not as if you guys actually had anything basketball-related to talk about.

Also, he started it.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/28/22 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

Let's keep it a stack: the Wings' 2022 season just ended three days ago. It's not as if you guys actually had anything basketball-related to talk about.

Also, he started it.

Started it ? How old are we ? I was never even responding nor talking to you in this thread to start something with you . I simply replied to shades whom quoted my post stating Smith was not cheering for Dallas. It was an A & B discussion , Then you came in with this negative energy as i've been noticing everywhere lately on this board , but alright moving on. Let's swivel back to the topic please. Dallas needs to figure out what to do with Sabally . She's not a 4 and she's not that effective as a SF because she can't shoot it. I would not mind giving her one more year to show and prove but if she get's hurt again and has to miss 3/4's of the season as usual then i think we move on . What are your WFFL's opinions ?

PostPosted: 08/28/22 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Know when to hold 'em. Know when to fold 'em. Know when to walk away...

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/28/22 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Know when to hold 'em. Know when to fold 'em. Know when to walk away...

You are right , i need to take a step back and away . Thanks Myrtle , see you down the road .

PostPosted: 08/28/22 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How many folks feel that VJ did enough to secure her return next year?

Will Sabally become the next Moriah Jefferson? (injury history)

I was glad to see McCowan come into her own this year! The first time I saw her was during a preseason game against the Sky her rookie year. My first thought was "Who is this big doofus-looking girl?" in light of her seeming so lost and the fact that she was markedly taller than nearly everyone else on the court. She was hustling, for sure, but she was struggling. It's always great to see a player's progression! Smile

PostPosted: 08/28/22 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
How many folks feel that VJ did enough to secure her return next year?

I don't think she's convinced anyone yet that she's a great coach, but I'd be surprised if they got rid of her after this season. There were signs of progress, and teams rarely make a change after a year like that. Unless there's someone in charge who thinks they should've been a lot better than they were.

ChiSky54 wrote:
Will Sabally become the next Moriah Jefferson? (injury history)

I still have hope. The raw talent's there, and she's had great periods on top teams in Europe (not just as the one star foreigner piling up numbers). We're getting into next contract territory, though. Unless she wants to take a significant discount I'd let her play out her 4th year (like they just did with McCowan and Mabrey) rather than giving her a big extension. Let this be something of a 'prove it' year. She'd only become an RFA anyway, so they can still match any offer.

PostPosted: 08/28/22 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Started it ? How old are we ? I was never even responding nor talking to you in this thread to start something with you . I simply replied to shades whom quoted my post stating Smith was not cheering for Dallas. It was an A & B discussion , Then you came in with this negative energy as i've been noticing everywhere lately on this board...

I'm going to reply to this, because I'm not the type of person to let things slide (which, apparently gets conflated with "negative energy" around here), and then you can go ahead and have your last word: there's no such thing as an "A & B conversation" on a public message board. You have the right to say what you want and have whatever opinion you want but, once you put it out there, it's out there. You can have your "A & B conversations" in DMs and, basically, nowhere else. You're on some nonsense telling me that something that you said is not my business, when you're the one who put it out there for everybody to read: that's how all this got started, in the first place.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 08/28/22 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

Also, he started it.

Most of the comments were basketball related though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: