RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2023
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/11/23 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
They basically have 2 spots available assuming Maddy & Lou are safe and I don't think there's anyway either are cut this season.

5th post comes down to either Collier or Brown unless they can swing a trade w/NY for Sabally or Kone.

Last roster spot comes down to Meyers, Dickey, or Joens.

Im still not convinced Lou is safe. Injuries can play apart in being cut as a first rounder see Christyn williams. I love Lou's game but is she good enough to sit out all of preseason and make the squad when we need a shooter now and we have 4 options to choose from ?

PostPosted: 05/11/23 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DTP wrote:
They basically have 2 spots available assuming Maddy & Lou are safe and I don't think there's anyway either are cut this season.

5th post comes down to either Collier or Brown unless they can swing a trade w/NY for Sabally or Kone.

Im still not convinced Lou is safe. Injuries can play apart in being cut as a first rounder see Christyn williams. I love Lou's game but is she good enough to sit out all of preseason and make the squad when we need a shooter now and we have 4 options to choose from ?

Christyn Willaims was a Mystics 2nd round selection.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/11/23 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DTP wrote:

Christyn Willaims was a Mystics 2nd round selection.

And blew out three major ligaments in her knee, and still isn't able to play 12 months later.

PostPosted: 05/11/23 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What is it about Lou's game that you don't like?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/11/23 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
What is it about Lou's game that you don't like?

I never said I don’t like her game . She’s a shooter she can shoot but she’s not available to show it as the other 3 players drafted to do the exact same thing are. People like to pressure organizations based off their pick # in the draft or being a fan fave but talent has to speak and if your injured and collecting a check without performing you won’t last in this league. Meyers was a first round pick and it seems okay to cut her but not our second first round pick? On top of that in person Lou is the smallest of all 4 players drafted. Can she get her shot off against this level of talent? We don’t know she hurt …so she deserves a spot based off what again?

PostPosted: 05/12/23 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Lopez sat on the bench the entire game which is the only reason I predict her on the chomping block . Unless she’s injured or missed time to possibly graduation the only rookies to make even somewhat an impact the first game were Siegrest with a nice and one fade away on copper and joens ran the floor pretty hard. We have literally 3 first round picks playing for 2 spots not including joens who I think looked the most pro ready outside of Maddy in game one . Meyers had a shot or two but just did not look like a W player to me.

I finally got to see the game on YouTube. Lou is still rehabbing & I want to keep Joens!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/12/23 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

goofy2 wrote:
What's everyone's opinion on Abby Meyers ? Do you think she has any change to make any WNBA team, if she gets cut from Dallas ? Thx.

I was rooting for her when she got drafted but at this point I honestly don't see her getting a spot before A. Joens.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/12/23 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Lopez sat on the bench the entire game which is the only reason I predict her on the chomping block . Unless she’s injured or missed time to possibly graduation the only rookies to make even somewhat an impact the first game were Siegrest with a nice and one fade away on copper and joens ran the floor pretty hard. We have literally 3 first round picks playing for 2 spots not including joens who I think looked the most pro ready outside of Maddy in game one . Meyers had a shot or two but just did not look like a W player to me.

I finally got to see the game on YouTube. Lou is still rehabbing & I want to keep Joens!

Exactly same here Joens and Siegrest have earned a spot if preseason game 1 are any indications. Seeing it in person and seeing Lou on the bench looking very sad did not make me believe she thinks shes a shoe in on the team.

PostPosted: 05/12/23 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Abby still dating Marge Donovan ?

https://www.dailyprincetonian.com/article/2022/04/abby-meyers-marge-donovan-princeton-tigers-queer-student-athletes

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/13/23 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anybody else not see Lou on the bench Versus Indiana right now ? I know she’s hurt but cuts haven’t been announced yet . Maybe a post birthday celebration? The team gave an update only on Diamond DeShields did not travel with the team to Indianapolis out of precautionary reasons (knee soreness).

PostPosted: 05/13/23 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Anybody else not see Lou on the bench Versus Indiana right now ? I know she’s hurt but cuts haven’t been announced yet . Maybe a post birthday celebration? The team gave an update only on Diamond DeShields did not travel with the team to Indianapolis out of precautionary reasons (knee soreness).

The announcers said she didn’t travel with the team but I don’t think they said why

PostPosted: 05/13/23 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The announcers said she didn’t travel with the team but I don’t think they said why

Nobody knows why and nothing from my camp within the team . They’re only giving reasons why Diamond could not make the trip. I don’t dislike Lounat all I want to see her play and prove her worth like she did at UCONN. I’d hate to see her cut without that opportunity but this is the WNBA. Time is not of the essence of rookie generation rn.

PostPosted: 05/13/23 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Exactly same here Joens and Siegrest have earned a spot if preseason game 1 are any indications. Seeing it in person and seeing Lou on the bench looking very sad did not make me believe she thinks shes a shoe in on the team.

If she doesn't I will start a riot in the Metroplex 😆😆😆

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/13/23 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Nobody knows why and nothing from my camp within the team . They’re only giving reasons why Diamond could not make the trip. I don’t dislike Lounat all I want to see her play and prove her worth like she did at UCONN. I’d hate to see her cut without that opportunity but this is the WNBA. Time is not of the essence of rookie generation rn.

I'm confused because Bibb said during her introductory press conference weeks ago that Lou wouldn't be available until the middle of the season at best AND he said they obviously knew this going into the draft but the team has enough shooters to give her ample time to rehab and he specifically said HIMSELF that she can take as much time as needed because he didn't want her on the court until she's 💯% healthy...HE said that!!!

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 05/13/23 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not a very impressive start for the Wings 5 first round picks to play a combined 16 minutes and shoot 20% from 3. Was Hoping for a lot more this season, but today’s game was a letdown. For wanting shooters to open the spread the floor, that is not at all what it looks like they are capable of.

Three players did well. I was impressed by McCowan. She looks like she’s in great shape and very much ready to be a centerpiece of the team. Sabally looked to me to be a bigger presence too- Maybe by design. Burton looked better and more confident. The rest need to kick it into gear.

My cuts: very first- Collier
Dickey
Abbey
Dangerfield (rather have Arike play point)

Any of those 4 can go.
Siegrist was a gamble. Didn’t see much today.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/15/23 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings waive Abby Meyers

She's the first 2023 1st rounder to be waived

PostPosted: 05/15/23 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Wings waive Abby Meyers

It's almost like it doesn't make sense to have three (four if you count their trade for Soares) first-round picks in a league with this few teams and roster spots.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/15/23 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I'm confused because Bibb said during her introductory press conference weeks ago that Lou wouldn't be available until the middle of the season at best AND he said they obviously knew this going into the draft but the team has enough shooters to give her ample time to rehab and he specifically said HIMSELF that she can take as much time as needed because he didn't want her on the court until she's 💯% healthy...HE said that!!!

Did he Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/15/23 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Wings waive Abby Meyers

Any idea if a team has ever waived more than one first round pick on their draft season?

Last edited by tfan on 05/15/23 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/15/23 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Are you sure it wasn't someone else because they said she didn't make the trip to Indy, she stayed in tha Dub🤔

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/15/23 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Did he Laughing Laughing Laughing

Word for word!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/15/23 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Skyfan22"]Not a very impressive start for the Wings 5 first round picks to play a combined 16 minutes and shoot 20% from 3. Was Hoping for a lot more this season, but today’s game was a letdown. For wanting shooters to open the spread the floor, that is not at all what it looks like they are capable of.

Three players did well. I was impressed by McCowan. She looks like she’s in great shape and very much ready to be a centerpiece of the team. Sabally looked to me to be a bigger presence too- Maybe by design. Burton looked better and more confident. The rest need to kick it into gear.

Dickey
Abbey
Dangerfield (rather have Arike play point)

Any of those 4 can go.
Siegrist was a gamble. Didn’t see much today.[/quote

Cuts:

Collier
Dickey
Meyers
Robinson

Arike as starting PG....HELL TO THA NAW!!!

Siegrist hasn't even played enough minutes to know anything so I'm holding off on my impression until she actually gets to play meaningful minutes!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/15/23 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Are you sure it wasn't someone else because they said she didn't make the trip to Indy, she stayed in tha Dub🤔

Someone else ?

PostPosted: 05/15/23 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="DFWub2018"]
Skyfan22 wrote:
Not a very impressive start for the Wings 5 first round picks to play a combined 16 minutes and shoot 20% from 3. Was Hoping for a lot more this season, but today’s game was a letdown. For wanting shooters to open the spread the floor, that is not at all what it looks like they are capable of.

Dickey
Abbey
Dangerfield (
Quote:
rather have Arike play point
)

Any of those 4 can go.
Siegrist was a gamble. Didn’t see much today.[/quote

Cuts:

Collier
Dickey
Meyers
Robinson

Arike as starting PG....HELL TO THA NAW!!!

Siegrist hasn't even played enough minutes to know anything so I'm holding off on my impression until she actually gets to play meaningful minutes!

It's time for me to begin my hibernation see you in the offseason. Very Happy Laughing Shocked

PostPosted: 05/15/23 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder did Greg Bibb try to do a Thibault (trade a 1st round draft pick for a future 1st round pick in a better draft).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: