RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2023
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYSports56

PostPosted: 09/14/22 2:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Kiah Stokes is now one victory away from a ring!!!

Not a hard choice for this Liberty fan. One team, which Bill Laimbeer helped build, now has Becky Hammon as its GM and coach, Kiah Stokes, and Sydney Colson. The other has Bria Hartley and Joyner Holmes. (Have I missed anyone?) I've got to go with the Aces.

I can see it now. For the first 39 minutes of Game Three Kiah is 0-5 on three-pointers. But with the Aces down two and just seconds remaining on the clock, Kiah hits a LONG, desperation three-pointer to bring the title to Las Vegas!

GO KIAH!!! Smile

MVP!!! MVP!!! MVP!!!

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/14/22 2:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

Not a hard choice for this Liberty fan. One team, which Bill Laimbeer helped build, now has Becky Hammon as its GM and coach, Kiah Stokes, and Sydney Colson. The other has Bria Hartley and Joyner Holmes. (Have I missed anyone?) I've got to go with the Aces.

I can see it now. For the first 39 minutes of Game Three Kiah is 0-5 on three-pointers. But with the Aces down two and just seconds remaining on the clock, Kiah hits a LONG, desperation three-pointer to bring the title to Las Vegas!

GO KIAH!!! Smile

MVP!!! MVP!!! MVP!!!

... after which, some team will throw a $160k/season multi-year offer at her

PostPosted: 09/14/22 7:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

GO KIAH!!! Smile

MVP!!! MVP!!! MVP!!!

Y'all crack me up! Laughing I needed that laugh.

Seriously, though, I am Very Happy for Kiah and the Aces!

Get out the broom!

PostPosted: 09/14/22 8:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

GO KIAH!!! Smile

MVP!!! MVP!!! MVP!!!

Get out the broom!

So great that enthusiasm for Kiah is growing and growing. Keep in mind: among her many admirable qualities, Kiah is completely humble. So when the Aces win the title, Kiah won't take credit. Even right when she's awarded the MVP honors, she will point to A'ja Wilson, Chelsea Gray, and others who helped her in that effort. Kiah will never say: "Yes, I did it!!!" But we will. Smile

PostPosted: 09/14/22 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

GO KIAH!!! Smile

MVP!!! MVP!!! MVP!!!

Get out the broom!

So great that enthusiasm for Kiah is growing and growing. Keep in mind: among her many admirable qualities, Kiah is completely humble. So when the Aces win the title, Kiah won't take credit. Even right when she's awarded the MVP honors, she will point to A'ja Wilson, Chelsea Gray, and others who helped her in that effort. Kiah will never say: "Yes, I did it!!!" But we will. Smile

This is the best RebKell thread ever. Go Kiah!!!

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/14/22 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I swear you guys weren’t half this enthusiastic when the actual Liberty were in the actual playoffs

(now with spelling variations)
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 09/14/22 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I swear you guys weren’t half this enthusiastic when the actual Liberty were in the actual playoffs

Ah, I see I've failed another of your tests!

PostPosted: 09/14/22 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Smile Smile Smile

Gotta point out that I was a whole lot more enthusiastic than a bunch of people here when the Liberty actually made the playoffs. Smile

I became a Liberty fan during Kiah's rookie season. She's doing for the Aces what I dreamed she'd do for the Liberty, although in those dreams she scored about 5 more points a game. I seriously wondered if I would ever get to see her play again when the Liberty cut her. And now, here we are, one game away from her wearing a ring. As a starter. I'm all in.

It wouldn't be so bad here, except Bob and I are totally encouraging each other. Smile

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 09/14/22 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
It wouldn't be so bad here, except Bob and I are totally encouraging each other. Smile

Dear NYSports56,

I deeply apologize for encouraging you to join me in this horrible offense! I began all this; it's completely my fault. But the truth is that I'm out of control. If the Aces win the championship, I will be posting about Kiah again!!! Smile

PostPosted: 09/18/22 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH

Kiah Stokes has won a WNBA championship ring!!! I'm thrilled for her.

And thrilled as well for Becky Hammon--who of course should already have been named as the first female head coach in the NBA.

Am I TOO enthusiastic about the success of former New York Liberty players? Was I insufficiently enthusiastic about our team this season and in the playoffs? LOL.

PostPosted: 09/18/22 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH

Kiah Stokes has won a WNBA championship ring!!! I'm thrilled for her.

And thrilled as well for Becky Hammon--who of course should already have been named as the first female head coach in the NBA.

Am I TOO enthusiastic about the success of former New York Liberty players? Was I insufficiently enthusiastic about our team this season and in the playoffs? LOL.

It's nice to be happy about that, although I'm sure Queenie is not feeling quite as magnanimous.

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/19/22 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have this thing where if I see new posts in the 2023 New York Liberty thread, I would like them to be updates on players who are expected to contend for roster spots on the 2023 New York Liberty. Maybe I’m just bitchy that way.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 09/19/22 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

X___________________________________

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 09/19/22 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I have this thing where if I see new posts in the 2023 New York Liberty thread, I would like them to be updates on players who are expected to contend for roster spots on the 2023 New York Liberty. Maybe I’m just bitchy that way.

Just want to be sure I understand this rule correctly. So if, for example, Tina Charles were to announce next week that she's retiring and getting a job as a college head coach, I shouldn't congratulate her here because she wouldn't be contending for a roster spot on the 2023 New York Liberty. Or if Sue Wicks were to publish a powerful piece about her years in the WNBA I shouldn't post a link here because she wouldn't be contending for a roster spot on the 2023 New York Liberty.

If you want people to strictly follow your rule as stated here, I promise that I will do so starting right now.

PostPosted: 09/19/22 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If a former Liberty player ran for office, did some community service work, or had a baby, there would be some posts and we'd all be talking about how much we liked her as a player and how great it is that she's accomplished things since she played for the Liberty.

If Katie Smith or Walt Hopkins had just coached a team to the championship, you bet we'd be talking about it. Why weren't they successful here? Did they learn from their mistakes, or did they just have better players this time? Should the Liberty have been more patient in hindsight?

There's nothing wrong with talking about achievements of former Liberty players. Bob and I are just having too much fun doing it, apparently.

So, YEAH!!! KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH!!!

One more KIAH than Bob proving I'm a bigger fan. Smile

All year long, I've repeatedly heard people saying that you can't with a championship with Stefanie Dolson as your starting center. Guess who you can do it with? Razz

Really happy for Becky Hammon too, for a lot of reasons.

GO LIBERTY!

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/19/22 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do whatever the fuck you want, I’m not a mod.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 09/19/22 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
If a former Liberty player ran for office, did some community service work, or had a baby, there would be some posts and we'd all be talking about how much we liked her as a player and how great it is that she's accomplished things since she played for the Liberty.

If Katie Smith or Walt Hopkins had just coached a team to the championship, you bet we'd be talking about it. Why weren't they successful here? Did they learn from their mistakes, or did they just have better players this time? Should the Liberty have been more patient in hindsight?

There's nothing wrong with talking about achievements of former Liberty players. Bob and I are just having too much fun doing it, apparently.

So, YEAH!!! KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH KIAH!!!

One more KIAH than Bob proving I'm a bigger fan. Smile

All year long, I've repeatedly heard people saying that you can't with a championship with Stefanie Dolson as your starting center. Guess who you can do it with? Razz

Really happy for Becky Hammon too, for a lot of reasons.

GO LIBERTY!

Wow, NYSports56. I am laughing out loud and applauding you. And, yes, you've convinced me that you are the bigger fan of Kiah Stokes. I also love your comment about Dolson and Stokes. Brilliant!

I have had great fun sharing Kiah love with you. Since Queenie has very kindly given me (and us) permission to "do whatever the fuck" we want, I will continue to post not only about who will be on the 2023 New York Liberty roster--surely a topic that deserves priority--but on other matters that concern current, past, or possible future players and coaches of the New York Liberty.

I hope you have a great night, NYSports56. I'm still laughing. Smile

PostPosted: 09/19/22 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't Dolson win a championship in Chicago as kind of a starting center?

I mean they replace her with Meesseman and didn't win, I know that didn't happen in a vacuum (but it did happen).

I am happy for Stokes she is a great role player and I hope Vegas finds a way to keep her, and she was a great running mate to Charles in her Liberty days but

Next year Dolson is going to win a championship as a starting center for the NY Liberty and that will be even better (even if Han Xu ends up playing more minutes).

undersized_post

PostPosted: 09/19/22 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Dolson didn't start a single playoff game. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 09/19/22 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

So, completely change the culture of the Lib thread...not gonna happen. Personally, I am shocked when a post on this thread DOES contain actual info about a current player or potential player..

~rAf
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/19/22 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Dolson didn't start a single playoff game. Rolling Eyes

Yeah yeah but she finished a bunch of them, 20 minutes a night is half the minutes but yeah not technically the first minute so you are correct , Parker played 26 minutes a game that season and Steven 19 according to her hoops stats and yeah maybe slightly less in the playoffs but I stand behind my factually incorrect statement

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/19/22 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Me: is a general subscriber to the "let people enjoy things" catchphrase

Also me: sees a couple Libs fans chant a mid former Libs player's name a total of 27 times

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/19/22 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If we want something relevant to 23

Ionescu and B. Laney just got named to the World Cup team, Hooray!

undersized_post

PostPosted: 09/20/22 8:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Me: is a general subscriber to the "let people enjoy things" catchphrase

Also me: sees a couple Libs fans chant a mid former Libs player's name a total of 27 times

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/20/22 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I enjoy getting a chuckle wherever I can get it! Ther is so much misery and negativity in the world. One of the things I enjoy around here is that some folks allow themselves to be silly - when they are not otherwise resorting to attacking people instead of opinions.

The thread is already on track to exceed the number of pages of other teams - lots of engagement!

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Dolson did as well as she did, although inconsistently (as usual). I don't know her (or anyone else's) contract status, but that seems not to matter as much these days. Do the Libs want her back? Does she want to return?

How many people are surprised that Joyner Holmes is still in the league? I didn't know she was!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: