RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2023
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/30/23 2:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Well, J-Spoon, if a "huge amount of talent" on the New York Liberty roster seems "vulgar," I say BRING IT ON!!! Let's be vulgar!!! Do Aces' fans feel vulgar about Candace Parker joining their 2022 championship roster? I wouldn't. Smile

I am pretty sure Stewart is coming to NY so I will have to get over it.

(PS I like Parker but I kind of think her going to Vegas is a little vulgar as well, the Hamby move to free up the spot is not a good look.)

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 01/30/23 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
Well, J-Spoon, if a "huge amount of talent" on the New York Liberty roster seems "vulgar," I say BRING IT ON!!! Let's be vulgar!!! Do Aces' fans feel vulgar about Candace Parker joining their 2022 championship roster? I wouldn't. Smile

I am pretty sure Stewart is coming to NY so I will have to get over it.

(PS I like Parker but I kind of think her going to Vegas is a little vulgar as well, the Hamby move to free up the spot is not a good look.)

Bad comment of mine about Parker; wasn't thinking about Hamby and I should have. You're right.

PostPosted: 01/30/23 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know Wednesday is the official day... but I'd like a leak. I'm a Mets' fan. The New York sports media are always posting leaks about major moves by the Mets that have been made but not yet announced.

I know there are 9000 sports media people covering the Mets and only a handful covering the Liberty. No criticism intended here. But Howard Megdal, Jackie Powell, others... how about a leak regarding Stewart or Stewart and Vandersloot? Smile

PostPosted: 01/30/23 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
I know Wednesday is the official day... but I'd like a leak. I'm a Mets' fan. The New York sports media are always posting leaks about major moves by the Mets that have been made but not yet announced.

I know there are 9000 sports media people covering the Mets and only a handful covering the Liberty. No criticism intended here. But Howard Megdal, Jackie Powell, others... how about a leak regarding Stewart or Stewart and Vandersloot? Smile

Agreed!

We know where Sykes, McCowan and Parker are going but not Stewie, put us out of our misery already.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 01/30/23 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

Agreed!

We know where Sykes, McCowan and Parker are going but not Stewie, put us out of our misery already.

Maybe she hasn't decided. 🤷‍♂️

basketballologist

PostPosted: 01/31/23 4:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Updated Depth Chart:

1: Sabrina Ionescu
2: DiDi Richards/Jocelyn Willoughby
3: Betnijah Laney/Michaela Onyenwere
4: Kayla Thornton
5: Jonquel Jones/Stefanie Dolson

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 01/31/23 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Six-minute TV interview with Jonquel Jones about coming to New York. She didn't know what a "dirty waterdog" is and neither did I. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBZP1qiqsvs

PostPosted: 01/31/23 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Six-minute TV interview with Jonquel Jones about coming to New York. She didn't know what a "dirty waterdog" is and neither did I. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBZP1qiqsvs

Get them dirty water dogs here

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 01/31/23 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I knew immediately what she was talking about: I just didn't know that anybody actually called them that.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/01/23 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s official, Stewart goes to NY Razz

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/01/23 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
It’s official, Stewart goes to NY Razz

Yep unlike we all did not forecast it , but geeze way to take the storm fans through the ringer stewie Laughing

PostPosted: 02/01/23 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Storm fans weren’t mentally preparing themselves for this possibility for like the whole past 12 or so months, then that’s on them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Liberty better not let the Aces & that front office of theirs repeat lol

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/01/23 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welcome Breanna Stewart!!! HOORAY!!!

PostPosted: 02/01/23 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
Updated Depth Chart:

1: Sabrina Ionescu
2: DiDi Richards/Jocelyn Willoughby
3: Betnijah Laney/Michaela Onyenwere
4: Breanna Stewart/Kayla Thornton
5: Jonquel Jones/Stefanie Dolson

Additions:
- Jonquel Jones: via trade
- Breanna Stewart : via free agency
- Kayla Thornton: via trade

Subtractions
- Rebecca Allen: via trade
- Crystal Dangerfield: via trade
- Natasha Howard : via trade
- 2023 1st round pick: via trade

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/01/23 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Welcome Breanna Stewart!!! HOORAY!!!

I am SO happy for you! I see a 'ship in your future - finally! And, as a fan of another East team - the Mystics - we need a super team in the east. I'd like to eventually see a return to East/West rivalry games and an east/west based tournament.

And, yes, I want the Mystics/Liberty rivalry to have meaning for the league playoff race. I realize the Mystics have to again raise the bar to compete with the new NY Liberty. It could be brutal this year if the Mystics don't fill some holes fast.

Again, congrats to all fans of NY Liberty! Y'all have had to wait too long and through many dismal season. You finally have owners and front office to attract great players. It's your time to shine.

~rAf
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/01/23 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
I am SO happy for you! I see a 'ship in your future - finally! And, as a fan of another East team - the Mystics - we need a super team in the east. I'd like to eventually see a return to East/West rivalry games and an east/west based tournament.

And, yes, I want the Mystics/Liberty rivalry to have meaning for the league playoff race. I realize the Mystics have to again raise the bar to compete with the new NY Liberty. It could be brutal this year if the Mystics don't fill some holes fast.

Again, congrats to all fans of NY Liberty! Y'all have had to wait too long and through many dismal season. You finally have owners and front office to attract great players. It's your time to shine.

THANK YOU, readyAIMfire53. I wish all Liberty fans here were as excited as I am, but I can only speak for myself. It is striking that the WNBA title that the Washington Mystics won in 2019 is the ONLY league championship won by an East Coast team in the entire history of the WNBA. I hope the New York Liberty can change that--and I hope for better days ahead for the Mystics this year and beyond.

PostPosted: 02/01/23 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There was a tweet by a reporter who said ~"don't assume a NY/LV Finals, anything could happen during the season."

I'm not assuming it, I'm betting on it! New car here I come! Razz

Now I wonder if CV follows... Or wonder if I want her to go to SEA instead... c'est la vie
Idea

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/01/23 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

THANK YOU, readyAIMfire53. I wish all Liberty fans here were as excited as I am, but I can only speak for myself. It is striking that the WNBA title that the Washington Mystics won in 2019 is the ONLY league championship won by an East Coast team in the entire history of the WNBA. I hope the New York Liberty can change that--and I hope for better days ahead for the Mystics this year and beyond.

Yes, technically, the Comets' first championship they were in the East conf (I think I got that right). But the dominance of the west is what forced the league to move away from east & west conferences in the playoffs (which was the right thing to do). The East will be back. The pendulum will swing back. Right now it looks like the Liberty will carry the East banner, but you can't count out the Mystics as long as Mike T is around. Of course, we have yet to see how Eric T does as decision maker on the bench but EDD is healthy. And it looks like Atlanta is now in good hangs plus Indiana might be able to pull out more close games this year. It might take the Sun a minute to regroup without JJ and Jasmine, 2/5 of their runner up starting lineup.

~rAf
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/01/23 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Yes, technically, the Comets' first championship they were in the East conf (I think I got that right). But the dominance of the west is what forced the league to move away from east & west conferences in the playoffs (which was the right thing to do). The East will be back. The pendulum will swing back. Right now it looks like the Liberty will carry the East banner, but you can't count out the Mystics as long as Mike T is around. Of course, we have yet to see how Eric T does as decision maker on the bench but EDD is healthy. And it looks like Atlanta is now in good hangs plus Indiana might be able to pull out more close games this year. It might take the Sun a minute to regroup without JJ and Jasmine, 2/5 of their runner up starting lineup.

I'm sorry, but I don't care about the WNBA's conferences and never have. The same with conferences in other sports. (Are there now more than 40 schools in college football's Big Ten?) I do care about regions of the U.S. and that's why it is troubling for me that only one WNBA championship has been won by an East Coast team. (And nothing intended against any other part of our country.)

PostPosted: 02/01/23 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
I'm sorry, but I don't care about the WNBA's conferences and never have. The same with conferences in other sports. (Are there now more than 40 schools in college football's Big Ten?)

(No, cuz apparently some schools such as 💛Washington💛 would have to take executives hostage in order to be granted membership into the Big Ten. 😭)

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/01/23 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
There was a tweet by a reporter who said ~"don't assume a NY/LV Finals, anything could happen during the season."

Now I wonder if CV follows... Or wonder if I want her to go to SEA instead... c'est la vie
Idea

There are three words that fouls up a well constructed plan. Season ending injury.

PostPosted: 02/01/23 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
There are three words that fouls up a well constructed plan. Season ending injury.

Sadly, yes. I was thinking exactly that when I read Admiral_Needa's words. And Liberty fans know all about this. We just have to hope that our players stay healthy--and I hope that for other teams' players as well. It would be wonderful to have 2023 playoffs in which each team's stars and rotation players are out on the court.

PostPosted: 02/01/23 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

Idea

Also don't underestimate the power of
Russian Jail Sentence

or its infamous precursor
Wisdom Teeth Removal

PostPosted: 02/01/23 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:

I'm sorry, but I don't care about the WNBA's conferences and never have. The same with conferences in other sports. (Are there now more than 40 schools in college football's Big Ten?) I do care about regions of the U.S. and that's why it is troubling for me that only one WNBA championship has been won by an East Coast team. (And nothing intended against any other part of our country.)

I refer to the Big Ten as the Big Numerically Challenged, and appreciate the Pac-12's dedication to keeping their name accurate.

Is Washington DC not considered East Coast to you? (never mind, I am an idiot and can't count, carry on my wayward sons, daughters, and assorted other children)

PostPosted: 02/01/23 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Is Washington DC not considered East Coast to you? (never mind, I am an idiot and can't count, carry on my wayward sons, daughters, and assorted other children)

I'm not sure what wasn't clear in what I wrote earlier. I noted that when the Washington Mystics won the 2019 WNBA title that was the only time that an East Coast team has won a WNBA championship. See my post in this thread at 3:41 p.m. today.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 8 of 18

Jump to: