Board Junkies Forums

Phoenix Mercury 2023
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 08/19/23 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Please remember and consider that Taurasi runs the team, makes most of the decisions and controls what the other players think, say and do. She is the leader, instigator and propaganda manager of the team.

SDS is a Caly-girl. She's big time Holly girl life style. Future plans benefit her in LA and the team can use her. Miller's OK with high maintenance players and
Ogwumike sisters will welcome her.

No to Minneapolis, Reeves doesn't do well with high maintenance and strong minded players and leaders.

Atlanta would fit but she's in for more than playing on a basketball team in Georgia...she's Hollywood. She's ESPN material. No room in NY or LV for now.

Seattle might be in the running...Left coast, high draft pick maybe and Mamba stays.

However, guess is LA, at this time.

What's yours?

Remember when DT called LA a shitshow ....now there's only one show in this league and it resides in PHX.

https://tenor.com/view/bloop-boom-nene-nash-gif-11954645

pilight

PostPosted: 08/22/23 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Merc sign Madi Williams

PostPosted: 08/23/23 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Still don’t understand why they parted ways with Sandy, especially coming off a finals appearance. Nygaard was a disastrous hire for them, yes the whole BG situation would’ve been tough for any first year coach to handle, but I believe Becky, T Wright, or even Latricia Tramell could’ve navigated the team better than Nygaard.

The GM claimed that he wanted some who could be in “Phoenix year round” I guess suddenly out of the blue there was an issue with Sandy coaching the Australia’s national team. The funny thing is that they did their training in Phoenix. What else is interesting is that Sandy was here most of the offseason because she coached her son’s basketball team when they lived here in Phoenix. So you may want to ask Jim Pitman about his reasoning for the decision. He may not want to answer especially since he is “retiring “.

shontay33

PostPosted: 08/23/23 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Please remember and consider that Taurasi runs the team, makes most of the decisions and controls what the other players think, say and do. She is the leader, instigator and propaganda manager of the team.

SDS is a Caly-girl. She's big time Holly girl life style. Future plans benefit her in LA and the team can use her. Miller's OK with high maintenance players and
Ogwumike sisters will welcome her.

No to Minneapolis, Reeves doesn't do well with high maintenance and strong minded players and leaders.

Atlanta would fit but she's in for more than playing on a basketball team in Georgia...she's Hollywood. She's ESPN material. No room in NY or LV for now.

Seattle might be in the running...Left coast, high draft pick maybe and Mamba stays.

However, guess is LA, at this time.

What's yours?

Interesting that DT has so much influence. If her influence was so great, Phoenix would have an all star team like Vegas and NY as many players rave about her. Also, this team wouldn’t have all the young players they have. So we can’t assume she has that much influence because look at the team and how it’s structured.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/07/23 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Merc have signed Christyn Williams

She is listed as doubtful for tomorrow with a knee

PostPosted: 09/08/23 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Merc have signed Christyn Williams

She is listed as doubtful for tomorrow with a knee

Why? What good is this going to do with 2 games left for a non playoff team. You could have brought her in during training camp. I don't know what to even say about the management of this team. For some of all who thinks DT runs the team, I guess she made this decision huh Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: