RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Oregon Ducks: 2022-2023
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/22/23 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Talked to both of them last night -- Sabrina very briefly, Hroniss for a while (and Eddy, Sabrina's twin for even longer). I didn't really want to bother Sabrina, but I did glean some info (more on WBB Daily, if you're interested).

I couldn't find it there. Can you give a direct link for the technologically challenged?

Howee

PostPosted: 01/22/23 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Talked to both of them last night -- Sabrina very briefly, Hroniss for a while (and Eddy, Sabrina's twin for even longer). I didn't really want to bother Sabrina, but I did glean some info (more on WBB Daily, if you're interested).

Nice article on Sabrina, but....I didn't see any mention of the engagement. Also, a GREAT article on Angel Reese - I'd never really dug too deeply into her transfer decision.
(Pardon my ignorance here, but....did you write those articles, Clay? I follow wbb media very little, but those 2 pieces alone were very enjoyable)

myrtle wrote:
ClayK wrote:

I couldn't find it there. Can you give a direct link for the technologically challenged?

Try this, myrtle

PostPosted: 01/22/23 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thanks Howee. I've been to that front page but don't see Clay's article there...

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/22/23 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
thanks Howee. I've been to that front page but don't see Clay's article there...

It's not an article, but a post in the NY Liberty 2023 thread in the site's WNBA forum.
Howee

PostPosted: 01/22/23 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
myrtle wrote:

It's not an article, but a post in the NY Liberty 2023 thread in the site's WNBA forum.

Ummm, there may be some confusion here: I posted a link to Sabrina's fiance on the NYLib thread, after I saw a tweet announcing their engagement. I don't believe Clay posted there at all.

Clay posted about his conversations with them, but I now realize he only referred us to WB Daily, not necessarily implying that he wrote anything about it. Maybe HE can tell us what he meant....?

PostPosted: 01/22/23 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
myrtle wrote:

thanks. now I found it.

ClayK

PostPosted: 01/23/23 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry for the confusion ... I didn't write any of the articles mentioned. As mentioned, it was a post in the forum. You can always reach me at claykallam@gmail.com.

PostPosted: 02/22/23 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Creme sez:

Quote:
Oregon is out of the field. Seven consecutive losses dropped the Ducks to 14-13, yet they continue to carry a No. 24 NET ranking. It's the most contradictory profile we've seen in the Bracketology era -- essentially a .500 record with a key metric in the 20s. Both the previously utilized RPI and the current NET rankings have occasional anomalies, but nothing quite as extreme. A pair of Rutgers squads is the closest any team's résumé has looked. In 2010, the Scarlet Knights were 18-14 with an RPI of 24 and a fourth-ranked strength of schedule. That team suffered a three-game losing streak in February but managed a No. 9 seed. The following year, Rutgers was a 7-seed with an 18-12 record and an RPI of 23. Like 2010 Rutgers, Oregon could get to 18-14 with two wins to cap the regular season and two more in the Pac-12 tournament -- and it would likely get them in the NCAA tournament. A split or worse and the Ducks won't hear their name on Selection Sunday.

PostPosted: 02/22/23 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

feel bad for the Duckies. they just haven't had 'it' this year. Kyei seems like a loveable player, but she's just not good enough. Losing Prince was a huge loss for them.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/22/23 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sometimes you win it all, sometimes it rains on your parade. Sorry, Ducks fans. BTDT.

PostPosted: 02/22/23 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, Kyei is just NOT a "force" yet. Great rebounder, but doesn't seem as if they really run any offense through her. PaoPao is the biggest disappointment, to me.....being the Crown Princess of her (#1 nationally ranked) recruiting class, she's just not demonstrated any significant consistency. She goes 0-fer on field goals in one game, then 22 pts in the next. Thank goodness for Rogers, Gray and VanSlooten, at least.

One of the most frustrating things has been that, in their string of losses, they've all been close games, in several of which OR had substantial leads.

I hope maybe they can snag a couple of wins in the Pac12 tourney to qualify for the Big Dance. There will certainly be lesser quality teams in the tourney, at least by being AQs....but as it is now, OR just may not deserve it.

PostPosted: 02/22/23 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Yeah, Kyei is just NOT a "force" yet. Great rebounder, but doesn't seem as if they really run any offense through her. PaoPao is the biggest disappointment, to me.....being the Crown Princess of her (#1 nationally ranked) recruiting class, she's just not demonstrated any significant consistency. She goes 0-fer on field goals in one game, then 22 pts in the next. Thank goodness for Rogers, Gray and VanSlooten, at least.

One of the most frustrating things has been that, in their string of losses, they've all been close games, in several of which OR had substantial leads.

I hope maybe they can snag a couple of wins in the Pac12 tourney to qualify for the Big Dance. There will certainly be lesser quality teams in the tourney, at least by being AQs....but as it is now, OR just may not deserve it.

I'm right there with you Howee. I expected a lot more from this team. PaoPao was supposedly the heir apparent to Ionescu, but she doesn't seem to elevate her teammates's games and has a tendency to disappear. I do know she's not been 100-percent this year.

Keen observation on Kyei as well. She has a ton of potential and could be much more dominant. That could also be confidence.

But the talent is so good, including Gray and Van Slooten. They are a bit thin in the post with Basham still developing IMO. Also, they lost Jennah Isai who was developing nicely. That seemed like an odd one.

They have an outside shot at the NCAA tourney, but not betting on them.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/22/23 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, I felt like losing Isai was a much bigger deal than some might have thought. I really liked her as a player and at the time, thought she was better than Gray, but Gray has come along nicely since then. And agree Paopao hasn't lived up to her billing...at least this year.

Howee

PostPosted: 02/25/23 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, alea iacta est. "The Die is Cast" I personally am most grateful that OR was able to pull out 2 wins over the AZ schools.

<which, in the context our warrior athletes' cultural milieu, it oughtta read, "The Dye is Cast" - I don't think I've ever spent a season seeing the panoply of hair colors as I did in this 2023 season.>

Hair be damned. The Conference Tournament is set.

ONE leeeetle question: Are Utah and Stanford declared as "Co-Winners" of the Conference Regular season? Also, how did Stanford earn the overall #1 seed for the tourney, if they were righteously tied with Utah, after splitting their series?

PostPosted: 02/25/23 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tie-breakers are a helluva drug. Since they split their regular-season series, the next tie-breaker is their winning percentage against the next team in the standings. Unfortunately for the Utes, they had to play Colorado twice and split the series, while Stanford only drew the Buffs once and won. 1.000 > .0500.

I’m not as smart as this makes me sound, I was literally on the Pac-12 site, like, an hour ago.

(now with spelling variations)
Howee

PostPosted: 03/27/23 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anddddd....Duck season is over. Sad

They went down in the WNIT EE to The Huskies, their PAC Partners. Not a bad game (63-59) Ironically, they were the LAST 2 of the PAC standing.Razz

Now, dear God of All That is Ducky: PLEASE have no transfers out, inspire Endiya to stay for her 5th year, and help Philli to learn some post moves. And give GVS full health to get her back on track.

PostPosted: 03/27/23 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched that game. It was totally winnable but they couldn't buy a basket.
And Kyei in foul trouble did not help. It would be nice for your team if Basham could get healthy, but yeah, Rogers coming back would def be a bonus. And hopefully the Freshmen wings coming in will make up for Hurst and Hanson leaving. Of course you can also hope for the INCOMING portal.

BBFan23

PostPosted: 03/28/23 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rumor in Columbus is that Vanslooten may transfer to Ohio State. Any info from the Duck perspective?

Howee

PostPosted: 03/28/23 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBFan23 wrote:
Rumor in Columbus is that Vanslooten may transfer to Ohio State. Any info from the Duck perspective?

That may be a Buckeye rumor, but - as of today - there is nothing to that effect in Duckland.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: