RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2023
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 10/26/22 7:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
Wasn’t it C. Williams & C. Carter who were involved in that Atlanta parking lot fight? Weren’t they on opposite sides? If so, having them on the same may present more problems.

No, Williams got into fist fights with random people.

Williams and Carter supposedly had some kind of small tiff while they were in ATL together. Doubt it would be a deal breaker.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 10/26/22 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
scullyfu wrote:
Wasn’t it C. Williams & C. Carter who were involved in that Atlanta parking lot fight? Weren’t they on opposite sides? If so, having them on the same may present more problems.

Williams and Carter supposedly had some kind of small tiff while they were in ATL together. Doubt it would be a deal breaker.

They had court side words followed by Carter allegedly trying to start a fight, Carter stayed in the locker room for the rest of the game, was suspended by ATL, and missed the rest of the season. Williams has had many fights and altercations (incl a parking lot outside a club which earned her a 2-game suspension), and eventually got traded to CT. I don't see the two of them ever playing together again.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/26/22 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Shades wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

They had court side words followed by Carter allegedly trying to start a fight, Carter stayed in the locker room for the rest of the game, was suspended by ATL, and missed the rest of the season. Williams has had many fights and altercations (incl a parking lot outside a club which earned her a 2-game suspension), and eventually got traded to CT. I don't see the two of them ever playing together again.

One smallish correction: Atlanta announced that CWilliams' contract was not being renewed so she signed as a free agent with the Sun and Atlanta got nothing but cap space. I agree it's not likely she and Chennedy would work on the same team.

~rAf
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 10/26/22 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's practically no mention of Kristi Toliver in this Sparks 2023 thread.
I haven't seen anything recently about Kristi giving a retirement announcement.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 10/27/22 1:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
There's practically no mention of Kristi Toliver in this Sparks 2023 thread.
I haven't seen anything recently about Kristi giving a retirement announcement.

She did not retire but she is out of contract with LA and will be an UFA in 32

last year she was on a 196k contract not sure what her market value will be in 23

(technically a whole lot of people are out of contract ATM the only players under contract in 23 are Carter, KLS, Nelson-Ododa, Walker and Burrell. Zahui B is suspended contract expired which means she can only negotiate with LA until LA renounces her rites, and while Nneka and C. Ogwumike are both UFA they did say at some point something about returning to LA. Besides Toliver very little has been said about Sykes, Canada and L. Brown all of whom are also unrestricted free agents)

Richyyy

PostPosted: 10/27/22 3:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also, Toliver showed up very late in 2022 (later than even seemed necessary after waiting for Dallas to be eliminated from the NBA playoffs), then was either injured or out of shape for the whole of a bad season. That's not going to leave you high on the priority list for 2023.

PostPosted: 10/27/22 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know whether or not there's a sour relationship with Kristi and Mike Thibault but I will take Kristi at a reduce salary over Rui Machida. I believe there was something said about the 2023 WNBA Season starting later than the 2022 WNBA Season and having a 40 Game Schedule.

zune69

PostPosted: 10/27/22 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sparks paid Toliver nearly 600k over the last 3 seasons...She played only 29 games during those seasons and played poorly when she was on the court....The Sparks would be stupid to offer Toliver a contract at any price. Let her walk and develop a young player.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 10/27/22 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
The Sparks paid Toliver nearly 600k over the last 3 seasons...She played only 29 games during those seasons and played poorly when she was on the court....The Sparks would be stupid to offer Toliver a contract at any price. Let her walk and develop a young player.

I believe right now the only players the Mystics have under contract after the 2023 season is Myisha Hines-Allen and Shakira Austin, it's likely in 2023 the Mystics are all in for a championship. I believe Kristi off the bench would be a nice addition for the Mystics.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/27/22 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
I don't know whether or not there's a sour relationship with Kristi and Mike Thibault but I will take Kristi at a reduce salary over Rui Machida. I believe there was something said about the 2023 WNBA Season starting later than the 2022 WNBA Season and having a 40 Game Schedule.

I don't know about the relationship of Mike T and Kristi either. I know that he refused to give her a 3 yr contract, so she signed the 3 yr with LA. Given how poorly she played - when she played - I'm pretty sure he does not regret that decision. Kristi basically got a bunch of $$ and contributed next to nothing to LA during those 3 years. Instead of working on her game or keeping herself in game shape, Kristi advanced her non playing career with the NBA Dallas Mavericks.

Part of LA cleaning up their lineup involves severing ties with Kristi as she's given no sign she'll be ready to contribute on the floor. I'm not saying Kristi has nothing else to offer, but they have to be convinced she'll work on her game and arrive in shape before she warrants a look.

~rAf
BamaEd

PostPosted: 11/15/22 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw it first on Angel's Instagram story so went to the bird site for confirmation:

https://twitter.com/darcangel21/status/1592623696031944704?s=20&t=tQQJ6xgIG0pzylxXdTJO7Q

Lyndsey D'Arcangelo
@darcangel21
This just in —

Angel McCoughtry's sports agency, RSTAR Sports & Entertainment, has terminated its relationship with Chennedy Carter due to irreconcilable differences.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/15/22 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
I saw it first on Angel's Instagram story so went to the bird site for confirmation:

https://twitter.com/darcangel21/status/1592623696031944704?s=20&t=tQQJ6xgIG0pzylxXdTJO7Q

Lyndsey D'Arcangelo
@darcangel21
This just in —

Angel McCoughtry's sports agency, RSTAR Sports & Entertainment, has terminated its relationship with Chennedy Carter due to irreconcilable differences.
'

Ouch....wonder whats going on .

PostPosted: 11/15/22 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't realize Angel has an agency. Neat

Also, daaaang, what's tea? Irreconcilable difference is a harsh term for releasing a client.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 11/15/22 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
I didn't realize Angel has an agency. Neat

Also, daaaang, what's tea? Irreconcilable difference is a harsh term for releasing a client.

She doesn't!

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 11/16/22 8:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's misleading. It's the agency that also represents Angel.

Still, this is bad...

PostPosted: 11/16/22 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
It's misleading. It's the agency that also represents Angel.

Still, this is bad...

Ooooh. Ok. I was very confused.

jap

PostPosted: 11/17/22 4:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, does this mean no one loves my sweetheart, Chennedy?

Last edited by jap on 11/26/22 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 11/17/22 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
So, doexs this mean no one loves my sweetheart, Chennedy?
You sure know how to pick 'em! You do love the fist fighters.

~rAf
jap

PostPosted: 11/18/22 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
jap wrote:
So, doexs this mean no one loves my sweetheart, Chennedy?
You sure know how to pick 'em! You do love the fist fighters.

SOMEONE has to show love to the 'Lil Mopies. Cool

PostPosted: 11/18/22 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can envision Chennedy standing on a stage, beating her chest and screaming "I am the greatest"

jap

PostPosted: 11/19/22 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I can envision Chennedy standing on a stage, beating her chest and screaming "I am the greatest"

Can you see her doing the Ali Shuffle too? Wink

PostPosted: 01/03/23 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Karen Bryant has been named Chief Administrative Officer and General Manager of the Los Angeles Sparks.

Bryant previously held a 15-year tenure with the Seattle Storm as the Chief Operating Officer and eventually President and CEO. The Storm won 2 championships during her tenure in 2004 and 2010.

https://twitter.com/rachgall/status/1610321793583321090?s=46&t=zUVYvnHyZawjYT2Qj3YSyg

PostPosted: 01/03/23 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Quote:
Karen Bryant has been named Chief Administrative Officer and General Manager of the Los Angeles Sparks.

Bryant previously held a 15-year tenure with the Seattle Storm as the Chief Operating Officer and eventually President and CEO. The Storm won 2 championships during her tenure in 2004 and 2010.

https://twitter.com/rachgall/status/1610321793583321090?s=46&t=zUVYvnHyZawjYT2Qj3YSyg

Sparks showing they are dead serious about changing the Sparks culture. About damn time! The culture that led to hiring Derek Fisher - and then keeping him way too long - was a losing culture that needed total demolition.

I'm looking forward to cheering for my hometown team again. No matter how well they do in the upcoming season, they have at least started building a championship contender for the future. Step one should be to stop bringing in players that no other team wants. The reason no other team wanted them is they're toxic to building a team. Stop it. Just stop it. Nneka knows most of the players in the league through her work as President of the player's association. Ask Nneka who she wants with her on the court and in the locker room.

~rAf
GEF34

PostPosted: 01/03/23 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Quote:

Sparks showing they are dead serious about changing the Sparks culture. About damn time! The culture that led to hiring Derek Fisher - and then keeping him way too long - was a losing culture that needed total demolition.

I'm looking forward to cheering for my hometown team again. No matter how well they do in the upcoming season, they have at least started building a championship contender for the future. Step one should be to stop bringing in players that no other team wants. The reason no other team wanted them is they're toxic to building a team. Stop it. Just stop it. Nneka knows most of the players in the league through her work as President of the player's association. Ask Nneka who she wants with her on the court and in the locker room.

So they should ask Nneka who she wants, but if it doesn't fit who you want they should disregard Nneka's opinions? Because 2 people you keep saying the Sparks should move on from are people she wants on her team.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 01/04/23 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Chris Koclanes and Steve Smith have joined Curt Miller’s staff as assistant coaches for the Los Angeles Sparks.
Nola Henry has been named Player Development Coach.

Sparks are still actively pursuing another assistant coach-likely a former player- & video coordinator.

https://twitter.com/rachgall/status/1610684209915645953?s=46&t=5Lhfff1_riFPcHVr3jxfDA

Los Angeles Sparks Name Eli Horowitz Assistant General Manager

Quote:
Horowitz enters his sixth season with the franchise, most recently serving as Senior Director, Communications & Basketball Analytics.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: