RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2023
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 08/15/22 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3A94atlexbA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/15/22 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
* Trade for SDS (Carter, Zahui b, 1st & 2nd rd pk for SDS)
* Offer B.Jones big money
* Sign Sykes
* Sign Brown
* Sign L.Allen
* Sign Chiney

Unfortunately and fortunately Nneka will force the Sparks to sign Chiney as part of her contract negotiations. The Sparks should be able to sign Chiney on the cheap.

SDS/Allen
Sykes/Brown
KLS/Burrell
N. Ogwumike/Chiney
B. Jones/Nelson-Odada

Chiney said, they were a "2 for 1 deal". Confused That really messes up some stuff for teams... And, could possibly limit Nneka's offers should she decide to explore outside of LA.

PostPosted: 08/15/22 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
zune69 wrote:
* Trade for SDS (Carter, Zahui b, 1st & 2nd rd pk for SDS)
* Offer B.Jones big money
* Sign Sykes
* Sign Brown
* Sign L.Allen
* Sign Chiney

Unfortunately and fortunately Nneka will force the Sparks to sign Chiney as part of her contract negotiations. The Sparks should be able to sign Chiney on the cheap.

SDS/Allen
Sykes/Brown
KLS/Burrell
N. Ogwumike/Chiney
B. Jones/Nelson-Odada

Chiney said, they were a "2 for 1 deal". Confused That really messes up some stuff for teams... And, could possibly limit Nneka's offers should she decide to explore outside of LA.

Chiney displayed effort at times this past season, but she seems to have lost some athleticism. She also did not score as smoothly as she did her first few seasons in the league. I would still prefer Maria Vadeeva to just about anyone else even though I realize we may never see her in the WNBA ever again.

PostPosted: 08/16/22 6:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting to see Nneka so positive about KLS' future - she seems to be in the minority.

She also is firm about staying with the Sparks (team loyalty - in it sink or swim - which I appreciate). She has every right to bail as others have. Was nice to see Chiney show flashes of her earlier tenure. I'm not sure that will ever return consistently, but it would be nice to be surprised. I liked Vadeeva - didn't let anything get in her way!.

Zahui B got a raw deal! I missed the fact that she was gone until the late Liz in LA drama unfolded, but there were others I didn't realize weren't in the league this year until well after the fact.

Is LA considering keeping Fred? He's just not that good. Who else is available or willing to make themselves available? Same with a GM.

The mystery of Carter - what's really going on there?

PostPosted: 08/16/22 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Would not surprise me if CP3 buys the LA Sparks after she retires.

Her bag 💰 is that deep?

I believe so....Candace has a number of high-profile jobs (TNT, NCAA)...Endorsements (Adidas, CarMax, Muscle Milk, Capital One)...and a number of investments...CP3 bought a 4 million dollar home 1 or 2 years ago.

And isn't Candace one of many co-investors in a soccer team? I'm guessing the L.A. Galaxy, though I'm not sure.

PostPosted: 08/16/22 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Right city, wrong team.

(now with spelling variations)
pilight

PostPosted: 08/17/22 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interim Head Coach Fred Williams Departing For Auburn University

https://sparks.wnba.com/news/interim-head-coach-fred-williams-departing-for-auburn-university/

I guess we know how that conversation about his future with the Sparks went

PostPosted: 08/17/22 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

https://sparks.wnba.com/news/interim-head-coach-fred-williams-departing-for-auburn-university/

So are we to have 'Lil Mopey 1.0, Kristi Toliver, managing 'Lil Mopey 2.0, Chennedy Carter?

PostPosted: 08/17/22 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

i for one will wish him well at Auburn. From all I've heard, he's a really nice guy and treats his players well.

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 08/18/22 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Would not surprise me if CP3 buys (10-50%) of the LA Sparks after she retires.

🤮 Let her stay in Chicago.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/18/22 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

I for one will wish him well at Auburn. From all I've heard, he's a really nice guy and treats his players well.

You’ll have to ask Chennedy Carter about that one.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/18/22 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I for one will wish him well at Auburn. From all I've heard, he's a really nice guy and treats his players well.

I suspect Chennedy makes her own bed, then has to lie in it.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/18/22 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I suspect Chennedy makes her own bed, then has to lie in it.

I know Fred Williams is just a bad WNBA coach, but good luck at Auburn.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/18/22 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:

i for one will wish him well at Auburn. From all I've heard, he's a really nice guy and treats his players well.

I'm sure he is a very nice guy, but whatever he does doesn't translate to results on the court. In 11 seasons as a WNBA head coach, his teams have only had a winner record 3 times.

He may be one of those coaches who is much better as an assistant than a head.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/18/22 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's this weird coincidence with coaches that the ones considered good have a lot of talent on their team and the ones who are considered bad do not. Then you have the same coach having a wide variation in their results. Dan Hughes and Brian Agler led teams into the lottery and to a championship. Fred Williams led the 2013 Dream to the WNBA Finals who lost to the all-star laden Lynx. He was let go after that, so either the owners, or the players didn't seem to like Fred.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/18/22 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
There's this weird coincidence with coaches that the ones considered good have a lot of talent on their team and the ones who are considered bad do not. Then you have the same coach having a wide variation in their results. Dan Hughes and Brian Agler led teams into the lottery and to a championship. Fred Williams led the 2013 Dream to the WNBA Finals who lost to the all-star laden Lynx. He was let go after that, so either the owners, or the players didn't seem to like Fred.

They say that good players make their teammates better.
Good players also make their coaches better! Wink

PostPosted: 09/04/22 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
Interesting to see Nneka so positive about KLS' future - she seems to be in the minority.

She also is firm about staying with the Sparks (team loyalty - in it sink or swim - which I appreciate). She has every right to bail as others have. Was nice to see Chiney show flashes of her earlier tenure. I'm not sure that will ever return consistently, but it would be nice to be surprised. I liked Vadeeva - didn't let anything get in her way!.

Zahui B got a raw deal! I missed the fact that she was gone until the late Liz in LA drama unfolded, but there were others I didn't realize weren't in the league this year until well after the fact.

Is LA considering keeping Fred? He's just not that good. Who else is available or willing to make themselves available? Same with a GM.

I think Katie Lou Samuelson has a lot of exterior things that people use to judge her on and base their expectations on. How many players in league history that averaged double figures or close to double figures are constantly said "they don't belong in the league" and "they aren't good enough".

pilight

PostPosted: 09/04/22 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:

I think Katie Lou Samuelson has a lot of exterior things that people use to judge her on and base their expectations on. How many players in league history that averaged double figures or close to double figures are constantly said "they don't belong in the league" and "they aren't good enough".

Is 6.5 ppg really close to double figures?

PostPosted: 09/04/22 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:

Is 6.5 ppg really close to double figures?

I was meaning for this past season not her career.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/04/22 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the problem with KLS is that the only thing she can do is shoot threes, and her % aren't really good enough for someone whose sole purpose on the floor is to do that. I'd also be interested to see her +- for the year since it seems like she doesn't put any effort into the defensive end.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 09/05/22 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
the problem with KLS is that the only thing she can do is shoot threes, and her % aren't really good enough for someone whose sole purpose on the floor is to do that. I'd also be interested to see her +- for the year since it seems like she doesn't put any effort into the defensive end.

THIS! If the only thing you do is shoot 3's, you'd better be damn good at it - and she's just not efficient enough to justify the no defense/no passing/no rebounding.

~rAf
GEF34

PostPosted: 09/07/22 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

She ranks in the top half or right around the top half of the league in rebounds, steals, assists and blocks this season. Even though her numbers are mind blowing, it's not like she doesn't do anything else.

She had a -4.8 +/- this season, which ranks around the middle of the Pack for the Sparks and is lower than the team average.

GEF34

PostPosted: 09/07/22 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Double Post.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/07/22 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

She ranks in the top half or right around the top half of the league in rebounds, steals, assists and blocks this season. Even though her numbers are mind blowing, it's not like she doesn't do anything else.

She had a -4.8 +/- this season, which ranks around the middle of the Pack for the Sparks and is lower than the team average.

And probably the most important thing is Nneka has KLS’s back, along with ONO.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/05/22 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, WTH are the Sparks doing about hiring a GM & Coach? Tick Tock.

We're in the thick of the off season. GM & Coach need to be plotting a strategy and developing team identity with known returning players. Time is a'wasting.

Are they making offers and nobody is interested? Has the front office fixed the mess that brought ruination to the franchise? At this rate, Indiana and Lin Dunn will be cruising right past the Sparks with their solid, young foundation and exciting brand of play. Lin Dunn knows it's Aliyah Boston or trade down from pick 2 for another top center (Liz Kitley). LA has zero high draft picks currently. Do they have any players another team will want for a first round pick? Not likely. Is that why nobody seems interested in taking on the task of rebuilding this once proud team?

Personally, I'd build the team around Nneka (& Chiney), Zahui B, Ono and Brittney Sykes (& Chennedy unless she pissed everyone off already) and see if the others can get you a draft pick. Desperately in need of scoring wing players and a scoring point guard. Height in the back court is a premium (but height who can actually play a full game, which excludes Katie Lou). You've got to have players who can move, catch and pass in addition to shoot the rock.

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: