Los Angeles Sparks 2023
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenHW

PostPosted: 01/04/23 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Quote:
Karen Bryant has been named Chief Administrative Officer and General Manager of the Los Angeles Sparks.

Bryant previously held a 15-year tenure with the Seattle Storm as the Chief Operating Officer and eventually President and CEO. The Storm won 2 championships during her tenure in 2004 and 2010.

https://twitter.com/rachgall/status/1610321793583321090?s=46&t=zUVYvnHyZawjYT2Qj3YSyg

Sparks showing they are dead serious about changing the Sparks culture. About damn time! The culture that led to hiring Derek Fisher - and then keeping him way too long - was a losing culture that needed total demolition.

I'm looking forward to cheering for my hometown team again. No matter how well they do in the upcoming season, they have at least started building a championship contender for the future. Step one should be to stop bringing in players that no other team wants. The reason no other team wanted them is they're toxic to building a team. Stop it. Just stop it. Nneka knows most of the players in the league through her work as President of the player's association. Ask Nneka who she wants with her on the court and in the locker room.

Slowly, gradually, the Sparks are getting rid of the people who were brought in by Penny Toler. Penny's legacy as the Sparks GM is fading away.

PostPosted: 01/04/23 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TIL there are two women associated with sports named Karen Bryant.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Milks26

PostPosted: 01/16/23 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TRADE ALERT

- Sun receive: Olivia Nelson-Ododa, Jasmine Walker, Kianna Smith

- Sparks receive: Jasmine Thomas, #10 pick

Per
@Khristina

PostPosted: 01/16/23 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

somehow the team that received a Jasmine Thomas coming off an ACL injury won this trade

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 01/16/23 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder has Kristi Toliver made her intentions known about playing this upcoming 2023 WNBA Season ?

jap

PostPosted: 01/18/23 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slim has dunked in practice. I would LOVE to see her do it in an actual game sometime.

PostPosted: 01/21/23 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The Los Angeles Sparks announced today the acquisition of WNBA Champion and two-time WNBA All-Star Dearica Hamby in addition to the Aces 2024 first round pick in exchange for the exclusive negotiating rights to Amanda Zahui B. and the Sparks 2024 second round pick.

https://sparks.wnba.com/news/sparks-acquire-wnba-champion-dearica-hamby/

PostPosted: 01/21/23 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Fill in the blank:

1) Sparks trade for JThomas, a PG
2) Sparks trade away Zahui B.
3) Sparks ______ Carter

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 01/21/23 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When your favorite player joins your beloved team... HELL YES. I wish I could give Karen Bryant a high five and big hug!
Welcome home, Dearica Marie. 💜💛
#SparksWillFly

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 01/21/23 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really impressed at the aggression of our new GM. Let's get back to where we belong.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 01/21/23 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
Really impressed at the aggression of our new GM. Let's get back to where we belong.

So refreshing to have a REAL GM!

PostPosted: 01/21/23 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Quote:
The Los Angeles Sparks announced today the acquisition of WNBA Champion and two-time WNBA All-Star Dearica Hamby in addition to the Aces 2024 first round pick in exchange for the exclusive negotiating rights to Amanda Zahui B. and the Sparks 2024 second round pick.

Dearica Hamby has had a disgusting habit of coming up with timely good plays and generally giving us pure helll whenever we played against her teams. Now she will be doing the same WITH us against the opposition. When you have trouble beating the enemy sometimes the best plan is to join with them.

The big questions are: is our older resident 'Lil Mopey, Kristi Toliver, truly done, or is she ready to move past the speed bumps of the last few years and resume her Mad Bomber play? Also, is our younger 'Lil Mopey, Chennedy Carter, ready to fully galvanize her enormous potential within a positive team-oriented framework, or will she continue to be a disruptive presence that will eventually lead to her dismissal from the Sparks. I believe our true team leader, Nneka, needs to apply the Vulcan Mind Touch to both of our 'Lil Mopeys to return this team to championship form.

PostPosted: 01/21/23 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Shades wrote:

Fill in the blank:

1) Sparks trade for JThomas, a PG
2) Sparks trade away Zahui B.
3) Sparks ______ Carter

Based on what LA did to Zahui B, I'm happy for her to get a new start. Sparks would have been WAY better off playing Zahui B and never coming near Hollywood Liz. Let's be clear: Sparks have now officially traded Zahui B, but they booted her off the team last year.

~rAf
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 01/21/23 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Quote:

Dearica Hamby has had a disgusting habit of coming up with timely good plays and generally giving us pure helll whenever we played against her teams. Now she will be doing the same WITH us against the opposition. When you have trouble beating the enemy sometimes the best plan is to join with them.

The big questions are: is our older resident 'Lil Mopey, Kristi Toliver, truly done, or is she ready to move past the speed bumps of the last few years and resume her Mad Bomber play? Also, is our younger 'Lil Mopey, Chennedy Carter, ready to fully galvanize her enormous potential within a positive team-oriented framework, or will she continue to be a disruptive presence that will eventually lead to her dismissal from the Sparks. I believe our true team leader, Nneka, needs to apply the Vulcan Mind Touch to both of our 'Lil Mopeys to return this team to championship form.

Great analysis! Assuming Jasmine Thomas is fully recovered from her ACL, she will also be a positive, professional influence in the lockerroom, willing to mentor the youngsters. Best believe she will show and communicate the importance of playing strong D to earn time on the floor. She won't stand for no BS, either (and what Kristi did last year was pure BS). The way JT created a career for herself with her D when she was close to not having a team to play for stands as a model for all players facing the same fate. To be clear, Jasmine has an unusual style as PG and has never been a knock down shooter, yet she fit like a glove with what Miller wanted.

~rAf
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 01/21/23 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Quote:

Big questions indeed! Do you think Canada, Burrell, KLS and Lexie will be able to stay with LA?

jap

PostPosted: 01/21/23 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
jap wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Quote:

Big questions indeed! Do you think Canada, Burrell, KLS and Lexie will be able to stay with LA?

I LOVED how Olivia Nelson-Ododa developed for us last season. She began 2022 as a good defensive center and ended the season as a better defender and an emerging offensive threat. I hated seeing her go. Will the Sparks try to regain the former Golden Child, Candace Parker, who enjoyed such terrific chemistry with Nneka? I always wanted LA to regain the services of Maria Vadeeva, a player who also worked well with Nneka overseas.

Last edited by jap on 01/23/23 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 01/21/23 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
jap wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Quote:

I LOVED how Olivia Nelson-Ododa developed for us last season. She began 2022 as a good defensive center and ended the season as a better defender and an emerging offensive threat. I hated seeing her go. Will the Sparks try to regain the former Golden Child, Candace Parker, who enjoyed such terrific chemistry with Nneka? I always want LA to regain the services of Maria Vadeeva, a player who also worked well with Nneka overseas.

Absolutely want CP3 to finish her career where she started - and where her family lives. She needed to leave because...Fish...but he's gone. Candace can help re-set a championship culture, play with Nneka and Dearica when she's ready. LA's gonna need another big with Zahui B and Nelson-Ododa both gone. Vadeeva would be GREAT.

~rAf
jap

PostPosted: 01/21/23 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
jap wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
jap wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Quote:

I LOVED how Olivia Nelson-Ododa developed for us last season. She began 2022 as a good defensive center and ended the season as a better defender and an emerging offensive threat. I hated seeing her go. Will the Sparks try to regain the former Golden Child, Candace Parker, who enjoyed such terrific chemistry with Nneka? I always want LA to regain the services of Maria Vadeeva, a player who also worked well with Nneka overseas.

Absolutely want CP3 to finish her career where she started - and where her family lives. She needed to leave because...Fish...but he's gone. Candace can help re-set a championship culture, play with Nneka and Dearica when she's ready. LA's gonna need another big with Zahui B and Nelson-Ododa both gone. Vadeeva would be GREAT.

Maria Vadeeva was strong enough to hold her own strength-wise against Big Bad Syl, something that very few players can boast about. Can you imagine a front court with Ace, Nneka, & Dearica with Maria & Chiney rotating in off the bench? Even if Kristi hangs up her kicks, she still has value as a coach to mentor the guards and to guide young Chennedy along.

Last edited by jap on 01/23/23 9:35 am; edited 3 times in total
ChiSky54

PostPosted: 01/23/23 6:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She'll still play for the Sparks (but is she a guaranteed deal?)

https://vucommodores.com/samuelson-joins-womens-basketball-staff/

PostPosted: 01/23/23 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
She'll still play for the Sparks (but is she a guaranteed deal?)

https://vucommodores.com/samuelson-joins-womens-basketball-staff/

Katie Lou is smart to start her post WNBA career. Even being in this league currently is due to the "largess" of former GM Fisher, who was busy acquiring players no other team wanted on their roster. She's a marginal bench player in the league, at best.

~rAf
basketballologist

PostPosted: 01/31/23 4:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Updated Depth Chart:

1: Jasmine Thomas
2: Chennedy Carter
3: Rae Burrell
4: Katie Lou Samuelson
5: Dearica Hamby

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/01/23 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Talbot is signing with the Sparks Sad gonna miss her on the Storm but hopefully she gets a bigger contract/salaris with the Sparks. She deserves it!

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Spark4Life

PostPosted: 02/01/23 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://sparks.wnba.com/news/sparks-re-sign-lexie-brown/?fbclid=PAAaZ5NblS_BWPBbnuE2xGLDdQKhpsGgB5xC104W31PzLUQFKgieVmyiu7pzI

Sparks re-sign Lexie Brown.

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 02/01/23 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://sparks.wnba.com/news/sparks-sign-stephanie-talbot/?fbclid=PAAabv9AaT9RPnOhRpZvkpwAk0b_nqnWRzGCQomYcI37fjKW8rOTaP-ezCLkA

Stephanie Talbot signed.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 02/01/23 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nneka has re-signed according to reports

https://twitter.com/Khristina/status/1620830151457275904?t=hnKXAeKOyMofgV4zkvsUxw&s=19

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: