RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2023
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 08/14/22 3:50 pm    ::: Atlanta Dream 2023 Reply Reply with quote

Progress, but not quite there. What are we Dreaming about for next season?

PostPosted: 08/14/22 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To get Boston.

PostPosted: 08/15/22 8:21 am    ::: Re: Atlanta Dream 2023 Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Acres of cap space and 2nd-place odds in the lottery, so why not aim high? Vandersloot at the point, Stewart at the 4 and Boston at the 5 to join Howard next year?

PostPosted: 08/15/22 8:51 am    ::: Re: Atlanta Dream 2023 Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:

Acres of cap space and 2nd-place odds in the lottery, so why not aim high? Vandersloot at the point, Stewart at the 4 and Boston at the 5 to join Howard next year?

How about the Atlanta Dream's 8th pick in the 1st rd, 2nd rd pick in the 2023 WNBA Draft, Aari McDonald and 2024 2nd round pick to the Phoenix Mercury for Skylar Diggins-Smith if she signs a contract extension?

zune69

PostPosted: 08/15/22 9:33 am    ::: Re: Atlanta Dream 2023 Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:

How about the Atlanta Dream's 8th pick in the 1st rd, 2nd rd pick in the 2023 WNBA Draft, Aari McDonald and 2024 2nd round pick to the Phoenix Mercury for Skylar Diggins-Smith if she signs a contract extension?

Why would Phoenix make this trade?...... A 19p/5a elite level defender for:

The # 8 pk, a 2nd rd pk (13-17), 2024 2nd rd pk and Aari McDonald (career backup)

Basically a bunch of nothing

The Mercury will get better offers.....If they don't...Keep SDS and try to make things right.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/15/22 12:24 pm    ::: Re: Atlanta Dream 2023 Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:

The # 8 pk, a 2nd rd pk (13-17), 2024 2nd rd pk and Aari McDonald (career backup)

The Mercury will get better offers.....If they don't...Keep SDS and try to make things right.

WNBA teams don't trade their star players unless the player is disgruntled or management is unhappy with their attitude. It will be extremely hard to get another star player for SDS. The best offers for her will be a first round pick, some bench players, and some scrap draft picks to make the trade look good. Holding out for a lottery pick will be futile because she will not transform any lottery team into a contender by herself. So that type of trade won't happen.

PostPosted: 08/15/22 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love your avatar, Pilight. Atlanta needs to bring Sykes home to Atlanta where she belongs.

PostPosted: 08/15/22 1:43 pm    ::: Re: Atlanta Dream 2023 Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
zune69 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:

WNBA teams don't trade their star players unless the player is disgruntled or management is unhappy with their attitude. It will be extremely hard to get another star player for SDS. The best offers for her will be a first round pick, some bench players, and some scrap draft picks to make the trade look good. Holding out for a lottery pick will be futile because she will not transform any lottery team into a contender by herself. So that type of trade won't happen.

A fair trade would be Hayes and Atlanta's lottery pk (3rd/4th pk) for SDS.

Phoenix can get back a better package than McDonald and a low first rd pk.

If Minny doesn't land a top 2 pk I can see them putting together a package for SDS.

If Connecticut comes up short again I can see them Trading JJ, AT or BJ for SDS.

I'm sure LA would be willing to trade a Carter package for SDS.

If Sloot leaves Chicago I can see Coach Wade trading for SDS.

Phoenix will have options.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 08/15/22 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I love your avatar, Pilight. Atlanta needs to bring Sykes home to Atlanta where she belongs.

I concur. I was saddened when she went to LA. Her defense is wonderful. If there is something that brings here back to Atlanta to anchor the backcourt defense, I'd listen to the offer.

A bit more rim protection would always be nice. I'd love to see Naz get even better with rebounding. Rebounding was sorely missed with Billings was out, especially on the offensive end. I think a second year in the league and a little extra strength will help Naz on that.

Knowing what, if anything, happens with Tip would be good. They were winning without her, but having another backcourt scoring option as a release valve for Howard is always good. But, the rookies didn't do too bad on that end.

I think a bit more help down low is the biggest need at this time, to make a short story long.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/15/22 2:20 pm    ::: Re: Atlanta Dream 2023 Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
zune69 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:

A fair trade would be Hayes and Atlanta's lottery pk (3rd/4th pk) for SDS.

Phoenix can get back a better package than McDonald and a low first rd pk.

If Minny doesn't land a top 2 pk I can see them putting together a package for SDS.

If Connecticut comes up short again I can see them Trading JJ, AT or BJ for SDS.

I'm sure LA would be willing to trade a Carter package for SDS.

If Sloot leaves Chicago I can see Coach Wade trading for SDS.

Phoenix will have options.

We shall see.

PostPosted: 09/12/22 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://arizonawildcats.com/news/2022/9/8/womens-basketball-aari-mcdonald-returns-to-arizona-as-part-of-coaching-staff.aspx

Congrats Aari!

"Her duties at Director of Recruiting Operations include overseeing all recruiting logistics, assisting with on-campus visits, managing recruit information as well as social media content. She will serve on staff while fulfilling her WNBA commitments with the Atlanta Dream."

BamaEd

PostPosted: 01/13/23 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-dream-acquire-wnba-veteran-danielle-robinson/

The Atlanta Dream have acquired 11-year veteran guard Danielle Robinson from the Indiana Fever in a trade that sent guard Kristy Wallace to Indiana, the organization announced today.

Good to have a veteran PG presence. I do hate losing Wallace. She had a very good year last year.

Who else will sign or not be signed after this.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/13/23 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love this trade for Indiana. Wallace showed potential last year and we get to shed Robinson's terrible contract.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/13/23 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I love this trade for Indiana. Wallace showed potential last year and we get to shed Robinson's terrible contract.

exactly, so why in the hell would Atlanta do this lmfao

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/13/23 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Very similar to my reaction. I was gonna pay DRob to go away in the Mock Offseason. Shedding that deal for an actual potentially useful player in return is practically theft.

PostPosted: 01/13/23 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I assume Wallace wanted out of Atlanta for some reason

PostPosted: 01/13/23 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta realizes it has something really special in Howard and believes that putting vets around her is the best way to go to the next level. I could be a question of which vets but Robinson is still a decent distributor and defender.

This theory is why I believe they will also being pushing for A. Gray a 1,2,3 of Robinson, Gray and Howard does make sense.

the last signing I think they might make is more controversial as I think they may go after T. Charles

If they wanted to go a little younger they have the cap that B. Jones could be a target, I could also seem them throwing a big number at A. Stevens if Jones doesn't work out.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 01/13/23 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Hayes a free agent? Or is she trade bait? I can't remember how long her contract was for.

But B Jones and Cheyenne Parker down low would be formidable.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/13/23 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
Is Hayes a free agent? Or is she trade bait? I can't remember how long her contract was for.

But B Jones and Cheyenne Parker down low would be formidable.

I explained Hayes's status in the 'suspended-contract expired' section here: https://herhoopstats.substack.com/p/wnba-2023-free-agents-list

I believe the league eventually decided they agreed with us on her status.

PostPosted: 01/14/23 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Atlanta realizes it has something really special in Howard and believes that putting vets around her is the best way to go to the next level. I could be a question of which vets but Robinson is still a decent distributor and defender.

This theory is why I believe they will also being pushing for A. Gray a 1,2,3 of Robinson, Gray and Howard does make sense.

the last signing I think they might make is more controversial as I think they may go after T. Charles

If they wanted to go a little younger they have the cap that B. Jones could be a target, I could also seem them throwing a big number at A. Stevens if Jones doesn't work out.

What are we getting in return?

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 01/14/23 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Any team taking T.Charles HAS TO have a vet player telling T.Charles to 1) get her a$$ into the paint and 2) stop chucking the ball every time she touches it. Because Tina will not do what the coach wants but did (more or less) do what Sue Bird told her to do. And, pray your team does not get decimated by energy or absence, forcing the coach to give her a different role, cuz Tina don't do that. She's the definition of a player who thinks they're SO good, they can single-handedly deliver a championship, despite the history of her being the factor that denies a championship.

~rAf
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/14/23 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The coach of Atlanta is an experienced player that Charles used to play with so that might work

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 01/14/23 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
The coach of Atlanta is an experienced player that Charles used to play with so that might work

You're right there - Tanisha Wright will sit TC on the bench unless/until she does what the team needs her to do. I think dealing with TC took years off Mike Thibault's life. He should have had the guts to sit her a$$ down. Despite leading the league in scoring, she cost the team more points than she gave by failing to do what the team needed - post defense and rebounding. And her percentages were so low, it was like turnovers.

~rAf
basketballologist

PostPosted: 01/31/23 3:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Updated Depth Chart

1: Danielle Robinson/Aari McDonald
2: Allisha Gray
3: Rhyne Howard
4: Naz Hillmon
5: Cheyenne Parker

BamaEd

PostPosted: 02/01/23 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://dream.wnba.com/news/nia-coffey-and-ad-re-sign-with-atlanta/

Nia Coffey and AD re-sign with the Dream.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: