RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2023
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 08/14/22 2:27 pm    ::: Minnesota Lynx 2023 Reply Reply with quote

Wonder what next year looks like for the Lynx... as mentioned Syl was last member of the Dynasty teams.

I think it is very clear this is now Phee's team and honestly there is little else to be desired. Powers is good for a 6th man role. Shepard should be a good PF/C along with Napheesa up front. Will Dantas be back?

McBride, down year this year when you would think her number's would have increased.

What kind of moves can they make/should they make in the off season?

adamj95

PostPosted: 08/14/22 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Me thinks Boston would look good in Lynx blue and green 🤔

PostPosted: 08/14/22 4:00 pm    ::: Re: Minnesota Lynx 2023 Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
Wonder what next year looks like for the Lynx... as mentioned Syl was last member of the Dynasty teams.

I think it is very clear this is now Phee's team and honestly there is little else to be desired. Powers is good for a 6th man role. Shepard should be a good PF/C along with Napheesa up front. Will Dantas be back?

McBride, down year this year when you would think her number's would have increased.

What kind of moves can they make/should they make in the off season?

There is a lot of team still there besides what you mentioned. Honestly there is a lot else to be desired. This is who will be back on the team most likely:
Phee
Shephard
AP
Dantas
Allen
McBride
Millic
Jefferson
BC possibly
Add a rook and a couple veterans give or take depending on if I am right about who is coming back.
They need to get Nneka or Amanda Zaui B

PostPosted: 08/15/22 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The Lynx have another free agent this offseason: Cheryl Reeve. She said that she has Glen Taylor's support. I asked if she also has the support of new owners Alex Rodriguez/Marc Lore. She said she has not spoken with them directly but believes Taylor is acting as an intermediary.

https://twitter.com/seehafer_/status/1559257345976401928

Quote:
Kayla McBride says she's going to take some time this fall to rest and return home to Pennsylvania. "Hopefully this winter" she'll return to Turkey to play. When I asked about how prioritization will impact her decision: "I won't miss Minnesota Lynx anything."
@TheNextHoops

McBride says that the Lynx are her "number one priority" and that both her agent and Fenerbahce are aware. She says she will leave Turkey early next year if need be.
@TheNextHoops

https://twitter.com/seehafer_/status/1559229090724470789

PostPosted: 08/15/22 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If a mid-level WNBA player like McBride, who plays for one of the better overseas clubs in Fenerbahce, prioritizes the WNBA then I’d say it’s looking good for the WNBA.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan

PostPosted: 08/16/22 1:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Quote:
The Lynx have another free agent this offseason: Cheryl Reeve. She said that she has Glen Taylor's support. I asked if she also has the support of new owners Alex Rodriguez/Marc Lore. She said she has not spoken with them directly but believes Taylor is acting as an intermediary.

https://twitter.com/seehafer_/status/1559257345976401928

but

Quote:
Lucas Seehafer
@seehafer_
To be clear: I would be astounded if Reeve doesn't sign a contract extension

pilight

PostPosted: 08/16/22 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lynx used 20 different players in 2022, the most since the 2003 Mercury used 21

PostPosted: 08/16/22 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know why Reeve rubs me the wrong way sometimes. I know she's a great basketball mind, and I enjoy listening to her when she's on the radio here, but dang... She couldn't have waited to reflect a little before tossing her squad (that SHE put together and coached) under the bus?

"We've been the same team for two years," Reeve said. "A little more averse to working hard, plain and simple. They want less, not more. They want less drills, not more. It was hard for me to convince them that what we were doing wasn't good enough. I tried to get on 'em. I tried yelling at them. I tried to leave 'em alone. I was not able to get through to this group. With this team, I had to accept less."

https://www.startribune.com/lynx-miss-playoffs-cheryl-reeve-sylvia-fowles-napheesa-collier-kayla-mcbride/600198569/

What quality UFA would want to suit up for this team in 2023 if you're just going to get a dagger if it goes all wrong.... Confused

PostPosted: 08/16/22 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's at least a couple of teams who'll be looking for a head coach, and probably a GM too. Given her track record (as a coach, at least), you wonder if somewhere like LA might at least look at poaching Reeve. Would probably take a lot, but it's not like the LA ownership group are short of cash if they wanted to spend it.

PostPosted: 08/16/22 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
There's at least a couple of teams who'll be looking for a head coach, and probably a GM too. Given her track record (as a coach, at least), you wonder if somewhere like LA might at least look at poaching Reeve. Would probably take a lot, but it's not like the LA ownership group are short of cash if they wanted to spend it.

I can't see Reeve enjoying that team as it is currently constituted. Her jacket would be off every game.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/16/22 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They've got barely anyone under contract for next year outside of the rookies, and I assume they'd give her the GM job as well. She could pretty much build it however she wants.

PostPosted: 08/28/22 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any thoughts about Alarie?

Shades

PostPosted: 08/28/22 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mannman wrote:
Any thoughts about Alarie?

She has a guaranteed contract with Dallas. I haven’t seen anything special about her so far, so it’d be a dice roll. Lynx should be able to do better than a dice roll, even with Reeve as the GM.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 08/30/22 4:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

in another thread someone mentioned charli collier - i like that look for the lynx.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 08/30/22 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One question could be contemplated?

Cheryl pretty much was handed the successful team she coached, she didn't choose or negotiate all of it or any. In other words, she never built the championship team she was privileged to coach.

The Whelan trade was negotiated before she arrived. Brunson was a gift from the folding of Sacramento, Fowles demanded a trade to Minnesota from Chicago, so Cheryl got Syl for milk money, Maya was the number one pick without question, basically a gift from a very high odds lottery win and Augustus was already there. Even today, Naphessa Collier was considered by most the number one pick in the draft and fell into Cheryl's lap at #6. And, lets face it, some of Cheryl's picks were not very good.

It could be said that Cheryl is a very good basketball coach, but she really never built a team. And with all the success she had with a practically complete Olympic team, how much was her?

Now, not having those Olympic players, she's struggling to succeed and it appears she trying to block it from her mind and hold on to her past fame and success by constantly blaming her players.

One example, Moriah came to a strange team and played like an all star. If there's a player in the league who played harder than Moriah, I haven't seen her. But, every loss resulted in Cheryl throwing Moriah and others under the bus and not taking any responsibility for any of the losses. If she was honest with herself, Cheryl would realize she had quite a bit of responsibility for some of those losses.

I appreciate Cheryl for all her post game interviews and so forth. She's informative and not afraid to face the media. But, she blames everyone but herself for unsuccessful events.

To me, her players played their asses off to end the season as they did. And especially with the talent they had available.

Need to face the music Cheryl, Maya, Whelan, Brunson, Fowles and Augustus are gone, it's up to you now.

JMO

pilight

PostPosted: 10/08/22 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Napheesa Collier marries longtime partner Alex Bazzell

https://www.ctinsider.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/article/UConn-women-s-basketball-Napheesa-Collier-wedding-17495880.php

Quote:
The two met when he began helping to train Collier during her college career.

PostPosted: 10/08/22 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

looks like banham and carleton were in the bridal party.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 10/08/22 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Napheesa Collier marries longtime partner Alex Bazzell

https://www.ctinsider.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/article/UConn-women-s-basketball-Napheesa-Collier-wedding-17495880.php

Quote:
The two met when he began helping to train Collier during her college career.

🥰🥰🎇🎉🎇🎆

PostPosted: 11/11/22 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota has the #2 pick in the 2023 draft.

Unless Kitley has a monster year, at this time for me Haley Jones is too hard to pass up. Might consider drafting Jones and dealing one of McBrick or Powers, if they can get enough of a return.

I think Reeve wants to go big at the PG spot. She was throwing Jefferson under the bus quite a bit last season. She obviously wasn’t sold on Dangerfield either.

I could see a trade-down for a player like Owusu. She’ll be another one I’ll be keeping an eye on.

blaase22

PostPosted: 11/12/22 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope someone good declares, because Reeve having choices and not having the obvious player staring at her in the face is bad.

ucbart

PostPosted: 11/12/22 7:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Minnesota has the #2 pick in the 2023 draft.

Unless Kitley has a monster year, at this time for me Haley Jones is too hard to pass up. Might consider drafting Jones and dealing one of McBrick or Powers, if they can get enough of a return.

I think Reeve wants to go big at the PG spot. She was throwing Jefferson under the bus quite a bit last season. She obviously wasn’t sold on Dangerfield either.

I could see a trade-down for a player like Owusu. She’ll be another one I’ll be keeping an eye on.

So, you want to trade "McBrick" as you call her, but Haley Jones, who has absolutely zero offense outside of 8 feet and even less athleticism than a 3 point shot, is too hard to pass up?

pilight

PostPosted: 11/22/22 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Natalie Achonwa news

PostPosted: 11/22/22 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Natalie Achonwa news

Is Achonwa still under the most ridiculous contract in league history?

Shades

PostPosted: 11/24/22 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could see Achonwa moving on from a playing career after her contract is up. This seemed perfectly planned.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 11/24/22 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I could see Achonwa moving on from a playing career after her contract is up. This seemed perfectly planned.

I am honestly shocked she is still in the league!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: