30%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

undersized_post

PostPosted: 08/11/22 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Queenie wrote:
ucbart wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Wow, the stars aren't playing for Phoenix and Gustafson is actually getting good looks in the paint. Yes, those things are related. Yvonne Turner has been with the team for like 7 seconds and already has more assists to Gustafson (2) than SDS has all season it feels like.

Never in my life have I even heard the biggest DT hater accuse her of not passing the ball to an open teammate. In fact, for years she's been lauded as the best teammate and a player who loves to pass to an open person. I am surprised to hear this statement, but not surprised that if someone made it, it was you.

Respectfully, what in the nine classical circles of Dante's Inferno does DT have to do with talking shit about SDS?

Because, the word stars is plural, meaning more than one star. To me, that's talking about SDS and Diana. Am I right? Or is my masters degree in teaching letting me down?

Focus was on SDS but read it however you want to boo

PostPosted: 08/11/22 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In fairness, I always felt Gustafson should be a little more involved in the offense when she does get to play. This was the first time since she has been here where she was actually getting the ball when she was in good positions. I am not sure what that is connected to, but it is a fair observation based on what I have seen out of her minutes. Often times, she is missed when she has an advantage in the post or is rolling. I do not think that is exclusive to Diana and Skylar being available or not (could just be the play-call), but I still always thought she could produce something when given the chance offensively.

Without BG, Megan is far and away the best rim finisher of the true post players on the roster. She also catches almost everything. So, why not use that to our advantage? I also think she has shown some improvement defensively since her arrival. She still makes some mistakes but it recently has not been as bad as it was earlier in the season.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/11/22 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

some fans being overly sensitive here. what a surprise! Razz

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/11/22 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone have any idea why SDS is on vacation? I mean it could be anything from "I don't want to play here anymore" to "my child is sick and needs me"

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/11/22 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Does anyone have any idea why SDS is on vacation? I mean it could be anything from "I don't want to play here anymore" to "my child is sick and needs me"

I've been wondering if it isn't something like emotional exhaustion. That response in the presser the other night was painful to watch. She looked to be kind of on the edge. I can't imagine living what they've been living 5-6 months.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/11/22 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Something I just thought of...I don't know Sky's politics, but the congressional rep for South Bend was just killed in a car crash along with two aides. Her funeral was today. I think the guy driving was a local. Might be a connection there too. He would have been a couple of years younger.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
pilight

PostPosted: 08/11/22 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skylar Diggins will miss the rest of the regular season due to personal reasons

PostPosted: 08/11/22 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Skylar Diggins will miss the rest of the regular season due to personal reasons

Personal reasons: Fuck Vanessa Nygaard.

That's unfortunate. I feel kind of bad for Vanessa. She got thrown into a huge fire storm and i wish she had been able to unify the team and instil confidence.

Dang.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/11/22 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So the million dollar question is will Skylar be wearing a Mercury jersey next season?🤔

PostPosted: 08/11/22 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Wow, the stars aren't playing for Phoenix and Gustafson is actually getting good looks in the paint. Yes, those things are related. Yvonne Turner has been with the team for like 7 seconds and already has more assists to Gustafson (2) than SDS has all season it feels like.

Minnesota, please send this Phoenix team home - they are just one big fat mess. And, as soon as their season is over, ready for SDS to start really trashing this franchise. That's what she does. We already know this. She will most certainly get her release from her second team in the off season. Who's gonna take the chance and what will they be willing to give up? We already have Richyy's wonderful analysis for the possibilities for this season. But off season options might be a little different. Will anyone be willing to give up a pick when we have good players throughout the first round?

Yes

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/11/22 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
So the million dollar question is will Skylar be wearing a Mercury jersey next season?🤔

Probably gonna depend on who the coach is.

Although I think there is much more too it than that.

PostPosted: 08/11/22 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

The one that I hope it isn't, but with disabling her Twitter makes me wonder, is that she was getting some harassment.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/11/22 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Probably gonna depend on who the coach is.

Although I think there is much more too it than that.

ESPN reporting Merc have suspended her contract retroactive to Wed.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/11/22 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
myrtle wrote:

The one that I hope it isn't, but with disabling her Twitter makes me wonder, is that she was getting some harassment.

Or maybe she's going through marital problems? It's not like it's out of the question that her having a career high in techs this year, shutting off her social media, and now missing the rest of the season for personal reasons are all connected. I mean, none of us actually know, but it sure seems like there's a lot of people willing to believe that the problems are between her and the coach and/or her and the team, when it could be something else entirely.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/11/22 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Do they have to "suspend" her in order to sign somebody else?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/11/22 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Do they have to "suspend" her in order to sign somebody else?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that. I'm sure that someone will thought.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/11/22 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Or maybe she's going through marital problems? It's not like it's out of the question that her having a career high in techs this year, shutting off her social media, and now missing the rest of the season for personal reasons are all connected. I mean, none of us actually know, but it sure seems like there's a lot of people willing to believe that the problems are between her and the coach and/or her and the team, when it could be something else entirely.

I wondered that too.

I'm with mercfan. I just think that with the BG situation has just taken all that Sky can give. He heart was breaking in that presser. You could hear it in her voice.

I'm sure the coaching situation hasn't helped. Then when DT was sitting out the rest of the reg. season, I have a feeling it just finally became too much.

I will not believe that Sky doesn't get along with her teammates. I don't give a fuck what a couple of people on here are trying to imply. They can kiss my ass. NOTHING that I have seen this year gives the indication that there is a problem with her and the team. Even the moment with DT. Hell, Sky probably bought her a bottle of her favorite and all was good. I mean, if you don't get along with someone, are you REALLY going to chest bump them???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: