RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Liberty @ Wings - 8/08/22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 08/09/22 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mayberry (As Penny Toler refers to her) is ballin! She was the player from ND’s class of 2019 that I thought would have the least amount of success in the league.

Arike is out and the Wings have not missed a beat Idea

Queenie

PostPosted: 08/09/22 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Mayberry (As Penny Toler refers to her) is ballin! She was the player from ND’s class of 2019 that I thought would have the least amount of success in the league.

Maybe this will be the impetus for the Wings braintrust to realize that maybe, just maybe, Ogunbowale does not need to be considered the first, last, and only future of the franchise.

(now with spelling variations)
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 08/10/22 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Maybe this will be the impetus for the Wings braintrust to realize that maybe, just maybe, Ogunbowale does not need to be considered the first, last, and only future of the franchise.

I wouldn’t hold my breath, Bibb has made some questionable decisions over the years. I think since so many of the Wings former stars have vamoosed over the years, the fact that they have a star that appears to be loyal to the franchise has resulted in them going all in with Arike for better or worse.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 08/10/22 6:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
I don't even really know why I don't like her. Confused

Who says you need a reason? #HateHard

Laughing

Yep - there are players - and "regular" folks - that get under my skin, and they've not done anything to me. I have learned to let it be whatever it is. I noticed a pattern years ago - certain men just irked the mess out of me. Turned out they were Capricorns - as am I. Guess we can be annoying! Laughing

RavenDog wrote:
At first, I thought I had the wrong channel for MMA. But, uncertain why they only went 4 rounds instead of five?

I can live with questionable calls, the ones that get me the most are the ones where clearly no foul was committed but somehow one is called and those fouls where players obviously got meat tenderized and no call.

Teams have been dealing with this all season - it is out of control! Sloot still has a black-eye from one of those no-calls (like what gave her the daggone concussion).

RavenDog wrote:
No A-Reek-e or no Arike doesn't seem to matter with Dallas.

I wondered about Dallas giving her that max contract. She's exciting when she is on but maddening when she plays heroball - as if she wants to recreate her ND buzzer beaters every time she plays! Rolling Eyes

RavenDog wrote:
Why get into the playoffs when there's zero chance of winning it.

I felt that way last year fo so long, the Sky got in but didn't make it past certain playoff rounds. But let me tell you - there is a different level of excitement and intensity during the post-season. To borrow an old NFL saying, “On any given ...day, any team in the [WNBA] can beat any other team.”

When they show the highlights video of the 2021 4th Finals game at Wintrust, my seatmates and I say - without fail - how we still get chills watching it. It was definitely worth the wait after so many frustrating years! Cool So I feel you - the agony of defeat is so painful - but the thrill of victory cannot be matched! Very Happy

PostPosted: 08/10/22 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

I wouldn’t hold my breath, Bibb has made some questionable decisions over the years. I think since so many of the Wings former stars have vamoosed over the years, the fact that they have a star that appears to be loyal to the franchise has resulted in them going all in with Arike for better or worse.

Not arguing against any points made here. But it certainly is something how they’ve been able to integrate McCowan so late in the season to such a magnitude and win games. I’ve always liked McCowan but it takes the guards on a team to sacrifice their own games for the sake of an interior player’s success when they become a focal point. That usually takes time. But without Arike I guess it’s easier to establish an alternate focal point. But it’s interesting to me from the standpoint of how unusual it is.

PostPosted: 08/10/22 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marina Mabrey pours in career-high 31 points as Wings beat Liberty to clinch playoff berth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: