Wings
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Lynx
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 13

Shades

PostPosted: 06/27/22 7:19 pm    ::: Wings @ Lynx - 6/28/22 Reply Reply with quote

Cup Records: DAL 5-4 | MIN 3-5
Minneapols, MN - 8:00 PM ET
TV: Bally Sports North Extra, Bally Sports Southwest Extra

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/1f0d6dc5-f356-464f-8f6c-fc35fbb977a9#bucketId=1
https://www.ballysports.com/watch/live/minnesota-lynx-x7826

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/213672/dallas-wings--minnesota-lynx

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20220628/DALMIN/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 06/28/22 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

33-11 MIN end of first

MIN 7-8 from three. Banham ruined the perfection at the end of the quarter.

Milks26

PostPosted: 06/28/22 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some ppl are better as assistants and there's nothing wrong with that.

PostPosted: 06/28/22 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Show of hands for whoever picked Moriah Jefferson as being next up with a triple dub Laughing Laughing

And to do it against the team that cut her. #cold Razz

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/28/22 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In a few years "Who had the first triple double in Lynx history?" is going to make a heck of a trivia question.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 06/28/22 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Way to go Moriah! And thank you Dallas (Bibb) for her. Duh! One of the best PG's in the World and the only PG ever with 4 NCAA National Championships. Bibb, you're simply amazing!

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 06/28/22 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
In a few years "Who had the first triple double in Lynx history?" is going to make a heck of a trivia question.

Really? She's the first? Shocked

Not Augustus, Moore, Katie Smith, Fowles?

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 06/28/22 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Way to go Moriah! And thank you Dallas (Bibb) for her. Duh! One of the best PG's in the World and the only PG ever with 4 NCAA National Championships. Bibb, you're simply amazing!

This quite possibly saved the Lynx's season. As good as a post rotation of Fowles, Dantas, Shephard and Achonwa is none of that matters without a good PG even though Jessica and Natalie are outstanding passers.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/28/22 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MoJeff Triple Double Revenge Game! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 06/29/22 3:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Kz4grBxBzqE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 06/29/22 4:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's great to see when someone has success after having been written off and/or dogged out as she has. Nevertheless, she has persisted through it all! Congratulations to her! Cool

So, what's with all the triple doubles this season? Exclamation

PostPosted: 06/29/22 6:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
It's great to see when someone has success after having been written off and/or dogged out as she has. Nevertheless, she has persisted through it all! Congratulations to her! Cool

So, what's with all the triple doubles this season? Exclamation

So happy for MoJeff!!

I think they are doing a better job of paying attention to it when players get close during the games and that has not always been true. For example, the number of almost triple doubles CP has had in her career is crazy and it was simply in the course of play... I wish folks on staff and on her teams were paying attention though...but sometimes they may have preferred to get her out of the game to keep her healthy. Still she is far and away the league leader in almost triple dubs and while versatility (position-less bball) is more celebrated now, it truly wasn't in the past. Even now, stats snapshots are reported as points and rebounds or points and assists but not all three together, but it's changing and people (players, staff, viewers) are playing better attention:

Just look at this quote: "...She came up right in my face, and shook me,'' Jefferson said. "She screamed, 'You need three more rebounds.' I'm like, 'OK.' "

Said Powers: "I put everyone on notice. She only needs three. Y'all box out and let her get the rebound.''

https://www.startribune.com/lynx-roll-past-dallas-92-64-moriah-jefferson-first-triple-double-franchise-history-14th-wnba/600186131/
"Powers grabbed Jefferson's shoulders."

I love this!!

I think Sabrina is known for it, has been celebrated for it, is in a good system for it and knows how to consistently put herself in position to do it.

Things are changing...we are in a place now where the traditional big is nearly extinct, taller guards are preferred and pgs are expected and needed to do more than pass. Position-less basketball is now truly a thing! Aside from that I think there is another shift happening with all of this player movement, the CBA, the elevating of some and the devaluing of others.....and for some, the feeling of a lack of respect makes folks want to show and prove that they are worth their salt!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: