RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA expansion could add 2 teams before 2024
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenHW

PostPosted: 05/16/23 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
The way the Toronto crowd showed up in full force has to make them a shoe in for expansion. That placed is filled to the rafters for a preaseason game. Not much marketing or publicity and it looks like a valid product to invest a team in . Shall we begin the Toronto expansion team nickname thread already ? Laughing Laughing

I’m going with the Toronto Condors . Subject to changed with years to go 😆

I didn't see the WNBA Canada game, cuz I don't have League Pass.

But for anyone who did see it, was Drake at the game? I know he's been saying that he wants to see a WNBA franchise in Toronto.

PostPosted: 05/16/23 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
The way the Toronto crowd showed up in full force has to make them a shoe in for expansion. That placed is filled to the rafters for a preaseason game. Not much marketing or publicity and it looks like a valid product to invest a team in . Shall we begin the Toronto expansion team nickname thread already ? Laughing Laughing

All you had to have was the WNBA app, either on your mobile or tv. The 2 games shown were free for everyone.

But for anyone who did see it, was Drake at the game? I know he's been saying that he wants to see a WNBA franchise in Toronto.

PostPosted: 05/16/23 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I don’t think Drake was there but noted Raptors super fan, Nav Bhatia, was courtside. He’s the gentleman in the turban you see at all Raptors games.
Loved seeing him there!

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 05/16/23 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I don’t think Drake was there but noted Raptors super fan, Nav Bhatia, was courtside. He’s the gentleman in the turban you see at all Raptors games.
Loved seeing him there!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/17/23 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
StevenHW wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Loved seeing him there!

So was Serge Ibaka ! Looked like he had his daughter or niece with him . That's a good sign already .

PostPosted: 05/19/23 5:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The “Dells” of Austin

https://youtu.be/rAwOOqIJCTE

PostPosted: 05/19/23 5:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/r2gdsLg-IsQ

WNBA projected 2023 revenue is between 180-200 million and yet they don’t have money Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/19/23 6:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why the Bay Area doesn’t have a WNBA team, and probably won’t for several years

Quote:
As she starts her fifth year as the WNBA’s commissioner, Engelbert no longer will just get credit for saying she and the league are looking into expansion or hope to expand by a certain date.

Now, expansion is a simple yes-or-no question. And based on Engelbert’s word salad, the answer will be no for the next several years.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 05/19/23 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a feeling the next 2 WNBA expansion teams will be Portland and Toronto. Hopefully, the WNBA will go back to the Eastern and Western Division Format.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/19/23 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wrong thread

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 05/19/23 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
I have a feeling the next 2 WNBA expansion teams will be Portland and Toronto. Hopefully, the WNBA will go back to the Eastern and Western Division Format.

I think you’re right.

As much as we talk about Bay Area, I don’t think Lacob is all that interested and I don’t think the Beard group has the resources needed. I also think the Bears group gives Lacob an excuse to defer and back out.

tfan

PostPosted: 07/17/23 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aces hesitant about WNBA expansion, say other issues come first

Quote:
Instead, Plum — the first vice president of the WNBA Players Association — said she isn’t sure how she feels about expansion, despite her understanding of its necessity

Quote:
“You need to take care of what you have now before you can expand and grow,” Wilson said.

Queenie

PostPosted: 07/17/23 6:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Fuck them, get mine", the WNBPA way.

PostPosted: 07/17/23 6:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
"Fuck them, get mine", the WNBPA way.

and then complain about it later after signing in the dotted line!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: