2023 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/28/23 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thardy929 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Is Horston an improvement over Rennia Davis? Are they basically the same type of player?๐Ÿง

imo Horston is more of a 2/3, while Davis is more of a 3/4 โ€“ but otherwise not super different

but also, i think the Lynx gave up on Davis prematurely โ€“ she was on the 2021 roster despite being injured the whole season, only to not make the final roster in 2022 when she was able to play? i still don't get that one โ€“ but at least she may have a chance to stick on a roster like the Fever's

I think that's right, and also Horston can do more of a little bit of everything and can flat out make a play when you need it, whereas Davis is more of a scorer/rebounder. Horston played point guard for too long for Tennessee, mainly because she does have great vision and makes some "wow" passes, but she's thriving this year more as a 2/3 and not having to be the primary ball handler (career-high shooting %'s and near career-high A/TO ratio). I would also say Horston has been a better defender over her career, and has a higher motor.

The block on Aaliyah Edward confirmed she was pro ready to me. Edwards does not get blocked unless itโ€™s against SC. Horston has the tools to be an All star imo.

PostPosted: 01/28/23 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and Dallas could really really use a big guard. I think Horston would make a nice fit there.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/28/23 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
and Dallas could really really use a big guard. I think Horston would make a nice fit there.

If Kahleah Copper happens to be on the market now, Dallas would be smart to turn around & package the #3 for herโ€ฆ ๐Ÿค”

Horston though could legitimately become the next Copper. This should result in a great outcome for the Wings either way.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/28/23 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
myrtle wrote:

If Kahleah Copper happens to be on the market now, Dallas would be smart to turn around & package the #3 for herโ€ฆ ๐Ÿค”

Horston though could legitimately become the next Copper. This should result in a great outcome for the Wings either way.

And Horston is WAY cheaper than Copper. That matters to the Wings, who will only see their payroll increase as their players mature.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 01/29/23 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love watching Aubrey Griffin too, but I think that the concerns about her projecting into the WNBA are legitimate.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/29/23 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
myrtle wrote:

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜โœŒ๏ธ

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/30/23 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im convinced , Siegrest is a better player than Joens.

PostPosted: 01/30/23 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

+1. Credit to Joens for being able to put the ball through the hoop against NCAA defenses, but Siegrist's overall offensive skillset is much smoother and at a higher tier.

PostPosted: 01/30/23 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

+1. Credit to Joens for being able to put the ball through the hoop against NCAA defenses, but Siegrist's overall offensive skillset is much smoother and at a higher tier.

Joens would have been better off coming out last year , there's too many draftees at her same position who are better overall. Horston , Haley Jones , Diamond Miller , Maddie Siegrest etc... I would not be shocked to see Siegrest go before Joens in this draft or too see Joens fall out the first round .

PostPosted: 01/30/23 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Joens would have been better off coming out last year , there's too many draftees at her same position who are better overall. Horston , Haley Jones , Diamond Miller , Maddie Siegrest etc... I would not be shocked to see Siegrest go before Joens in this draft or too see Joens fall out the first round .

So, which of the named players above are strong on defense and shoots the 3 well because the Mystics are looking for a player who can shoot the 3 and play defense.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/30/23 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

So, which of the named players above are strong on defense and shoots the 3 well because the Mystics are looking for a player who can shoot the 3 and play defense.

the best option would be Miller on the high end , low end Horston then the rest fall in place and most are better on offense and care pretty less much about defense . If you are asking between Joens and Siegrest its Siegrest no doubt about it . She's pro player imo .

PostPosted: 01/31/23 2:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My 2023 WNBA Mock Draft First Round:

1: Indiana (Aaliyah Boston, South Carolina)
2: Minnesota: (Diamond Miller, Maryland)
3: Dallas (Haley Jones, Stanford)
4: Washington (Rickea Jackson, Tennessee)
5: Chicago (Elizabeth Kitley, Virginia Tech)
6: Connecticut (Charisma Osborne, UCLA)
7: Indiana (Ashley Joens, Iowa State)
8: Atlanta (Jessika Carter, Mississippi State)
9: Seattle (Dyaisha Fair, Syracuse)
10: Los Angeles (Jordan Houston, Tennessee)
11: Dallas (Grace Berger, Indiana)
12: Minnesota (Ashley Owusu, Virginia Tech)

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/31/23 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

I don't know if you remember but that's who I wanted back before we ever knew we would be in a situation to have the #3 pick.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/31/23 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:

3. Dallas: Jordan Horston/Maddy Siegrist

11. Dallas: Brea Beal/Charisma Osbourne

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/31/23 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I don't know if you remember but that's who I wanted back before we ever knew we would be in a situation to have the #3 pick.

Never said i wanted her at #3 now Laughing Laughing But if she's around at 11 i would not mind.

PostPosted: 01/31/23 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
basketballologist wrote:

Shocked Shocked

If we draft Brea Beal with the 11th pick i need some of that magic dragon too puff puff pass Laughing Laughing Id love us to draft horston at 3 but it's most likely going to pan out this way

3: Dallas - Jackson or Jones

11 : Dallas - I would not mind having Osborne or Madi Williams here. Based off Mabrey's decision is how we will draft this year i believe.

PostPosted: 01/31/23 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This draft has a lot of 2/3s but is very thin in posts beyond Boston and maybe Kitley and truly lacks top tier PGs unless you convert a combo guard like Osborne, Cooke or Sheldon

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 01/31/23 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe Mike T will trade out of the 4th pick if the player he wants isn't there when the Mystics selection comes up.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/31/23 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
I believe Mike T will trade out of the 4th pick if the player he wants isn't there when the Mystics selection comes up.

I got the impression Thibault was salivating over Joens in last yearโ€™s NCAA Tournament while he was doing commentary.

What capacity does he still have with the team?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 01/31/23 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

I got the impression Thibault was salivating over Joens in last yearโ€™s NCAA Tournament while he was doing commentary.

Mike T Mystics GM, Eric T Mystics Head Coach.

I try telling people about the Mystics and Ashley Joens but they won't listen. I have a strong feeling she will be a Mystic if not at the 4th pick then a couple picks later in the 1st round.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/31/23 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oh that was just Voโ€”โ€ฆ never mind ๐Ÿคญ

Last edited by Stormeo on 01/31/23 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/31/23 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Never said i wanted her at #3 now Laughing Laughing But if she's around at 11 i would not mind.

No I don't want her at #3 either, I was just reminding you I wanted her at #11 awhile back ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/31/23 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
basketballologist wrote:

Shocked Shocked

If we draft Brea Beal with the 11th pick i need some of that magic dragon too puff puff pass Laughing Laughing Id love us to draft horston at 3 but it's most likely going to pan out this way

3: Dallas - Jackson or Jones

11 : Dallas - I would not mind having Osborne or Madi Williams here. Based off Mabrey's decision is how we will draft this year i believe.

"Puff puff pass" wake me up off the floor๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/31/23 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Osborneโ€™s back to being completely subpar. 38% FG (30% 3PT) on the season. 9 conference games into the schedule, sheโ€™s shooting 28% from both!! ๐Ÿคฎ

Beal and Amihere should return to SoCar next year โ€“ they might have a much bigger role if Boston turns pro as expected.

Idk about Cardoso โ€“ looks like sheโ€™s turning 22 this year though ๐Ÿ‘€

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/31/23 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Shades wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

Mike T Mystics GM, Eric T Mystics Head Coach.

I try telling people about the Mystics and Ashley Joens but they won't listen. I have a strong feeling she will be a Mystic if not at the 4th pick then a couple picks later in the 1st round.

I could definitely see the Mystics taking Joens even at pick 4 her and Sykes would make an interesting two headed SF.

If she is still on the board I could also see them going for H. Jones but the addition of Sykes makes Haley's lack of a consistent 3 point shot a little more problematic for getting selected by Washington but Washington could look for shooters elsewhere and has decent shooters in the post to balance out Sykes and Jones.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 14 of 26

Jump to: