5: Chicago - Rickea Jackson, 6-2 F, Tennessee
6: New York - Jordan Horston, 6-2 G/F, Tennessee
7: Indiana - Maddy Siegrist, 6-1 F, Villanova
8: Atlanta - Elizabeth Kitley, 6-6 C, Virginia Tech
9: Seattle - Aijha Blackwell, 5-11 F/G, Baylor
10: Connecticut - Taylor Mikesell, 5-11 SG, Ohio State
11: Dallas - Madi Williams, 5-11 F/G, Oklahoma
12: Minnesota - Stephanie Soares, 6-6 C/F, Iowa State

I found it hard anticipating what direction Atlanta’s gonna go in at #3. Haley Jones is not the 3rd-BPA imo, but I think Atlanta will take a liking to her combination of character & talent. And I’m starting to think Kitley will be there at 8 for them if they still need some center depth by then (probably?).

Otherwise, I’m trying to ride the BPA angle. I’m starting to like Horston in the Top 6 (I almost put her at 3) after having recently seen how pro-ready her body looks, and I’m starting to like either her or Haley Jones for New York at 6 as a potential longterm backcourt mate to Ionescu. Still think they ought to trade the pick in the right deal, but I think those two are it for me re: the Liberty at 6.

There will be a blockbuster trade on draft day and MN will end up with the #1 pick, selecting Aliyah Boston!!!

From your lips to god's ears! #AnyoneButPhee

😆😆😆

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 12/30/22 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
There will be a blockbuster trade on draft day and MN will end up with the #1 pick, selecting Aliyah Boston!!!

now DFWub… you must explain yourself with this hot take because why on earth would Indiana agree to this Shocked and what exactly would such a trade look like?

Catch is gone won't happen. There won't be a player like Boston coming out in a few years. SC might have one or two in the works, but their young in their game.

I was telling Stormeo that I didn't know why but I had this weird dream that's what happened, so I'm going with it 😂

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/30/22 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
I was telling Stormeo that I didn't know why but I had this weird dream that's what happened, so I'm going with it 😂

fair enough lmao

adamj95

PostPosted: 12/31/22 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m keeping an eye on Stephanie Soares from Iowa State. She has 14 points, 16 rebounds, and 4 blocks today against Texas Tech. Averaging 15.8 points, 9.3 rebounds, and 3.1 blocks. I’m not sure how her game transitions to the WNBA or if she’s the best choice for the #2 pick, but the Lynx need to replace a legend in the post and she could be worth a shot.

PostPosted: 01/02/23 12:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
I’m keeping an eye on Stephanie Soares from Iowa State. She has 14 points, 16 rebounds, and 4 blocks today against Texas Tech. Averaging 15.8 points, 9.3 rebounds, and 3.1 blocks. I’m not sure how her game transitions to the WNBA or if she’s the best choice for the #2 pick, but the Lynx need to replace a legend in the post and she could be worth a shot.

I'm all for it.
If she makes it onto a WNBA roster then I hope it is the same team as Aerial Powers.

PostPosted: 01/02/23 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

I'm all for it.
If she makes it onto a WNBA roster then I hope it is the same team as Aerial Powers.

😁🛩️✈️🚀🛸

PostPosted: 01/02/23 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.beyondwomenssports.com/2023-wnba-mock-draft-1-0-the-very-early-mock-to-start-off-the-new-year/

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
awhom111

PostPosted: 01/02/23 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

I'm all for it.

How has her brother been playing with Sydney? I suppose Shane needs some roster ideas for next season, though not by phone during the game. She has the having a teammate with a notorious father part down already.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/02/23 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

I'm all for it.

How has her brother been playing with Sydney? I suppose Shane needs some roster ideas for next season, though not by phone during the game. She has the having a teammate with a notorious father part down already.

Laughing I don't know how you keep a handle on ALL the drama from around the world!

Her brother (who I found out was her brother when I was 1 minute ago years old) is playing solid rotation minutes for the title favourites, so he's having a very nice season.

Meanwhile Shane is having another tough season Smile He will be in Perth this coming Saturday, and if the Lynx only win one more game this season I hope it's this one.

PostPosted: 01/06/23 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will we get an in-person scouting report on Maia Hirsch from Richyyy? One person who specializes in draft coverage is a big fan of hers.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/06/23 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I forgot to check if there was anyone I should've been paying particular attention to for draft reasons before I went to the Lions-Villeneuve game yesterday. Hirsch didn't particularly stand out, is about all I can offer. Kamiah Smalls was their standout player, when she was attacking, but that's not much help to anyone.

PostPosted: 01/09/23 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Soares with a torn ACL: https://cyclones.com/news/2023/1/9/womens-basketball-soares-to-miss-remainder-of-season.aspx

Is she now worth a stash pick? *Can* she go back to Iowa State?

(now with spelling variations)
Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/09/23 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Soares with a torn ACL: https://cyclones.com/news/2023/1/9/womens-basketball-soares-to-miss-remainder-of-season.aspx

I think she should have at least one, maybe two years of eligibility left if she wants them. Was certainly noticeable in the announcement that it only said her season was over, not her college career.

PostPosted: 01/10/23 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I think she should have at least one, maybe two years of eligibility left if she wants them. Was certainly noticeable in the announcement that it only said her season was over, not her college career.

I don't see how they would succeed on an appeal, but weirder things have happened. Here is her career:
18-19: Year 1
19-20: Year 2
20-21: COVID year, does not count
21-22: Year 3
22-23: Year 4
Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/10/23 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fuck, i cursed her 😭

GEF34

PostPosted: 01/10/23 3:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I don't see how they would succeed on an appeal, but weirder things have happened. Here is her career:

She is a grad transfer from an NAIA school, perhaps her eligibility is different since technically this is her first year of NCAA basketball, I don’t know how her time at the NAIA level affects her now.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/10/23 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I was working on the principle that everyone who was in college during Covid seems to get a fifth year if they want it at the moment. And that she missed a year due to injury according to her profile page, so might've got an extra one via red-shirt. But admittedly the lost year being the Covid year could complicate things, as could her being in NAIA rather than NCAA at the time. All guesswork on my part.

PostPosted: 01/10/23 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Stephanie Soares on the other hand should she declare would be an absolute monster pick in the 1st round .

Soares is on track to exhaust her remaining college eligibility at the conclusion of this season, per her Iowa State bio. No need to 'early'-declare, per se. ttps://cyclones.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/stephanie-soares/12052

At The Master’s University:
2018-19: 35 Games Played
2019-20: 31 Games Played
2020-21 AKA the Covid-Bonus Season: Sat out due to injury
2021-22: 34 Games Played

Because she happened to sit out the covid-bonus season, she doesn’t get an extra season after this one like most others who have previously played in three full seasons would. That was it. So as long as she doesn’t get injured in the next few games and take a redshirt, she should be available in the 2023 Draft no matter what.

Stormeo explained it a few pages back .

PostPosted: 01/14/23 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would like to see Chicago trade up for a higher second round pick or a lower first round pick. Because if Chicago want to acquire at least two quality players from this draft then they will need to trade up for a higher pick. One month after February first would be a good time to make this trade because by that time the dust from free agency will have settled by that then.

PostPosted: 01/19/23 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder after the latest trades do the Dream, Sun and Wings rethink who they might draft in the 2023 WNBA Draft. The Dream seems to need a Power Forward or Center, it looks like the Sun will need Guard and Frontcourt help and the Wings could be looking for a Wing Forward or might I say Small Forward..

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 01/19/23 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can Mackenzie Holmes become an all-star in the W or is she another version of Megan Gustafson?🤔

PostPosted: 01/19/23 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
I wonder after the latest trades do the Dream, Sun and Wings rethink who they might draft in the 2023 WNBA Draft. The Dream seems to need a Power Forward or Center, it looks like the Sun will need Guard and Frontcourt help and the Wings could be looking for a Wing Forward or might I say Small Forward..

I highly doubt we are done making trades. I still see at least one more in the works.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/20/23 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopefully ATL is still planning on a trade or a FA signing because at the moment they are still pretty thin in the post. As they give up their #3 pick . Praying for Bri Jones to pick them ? Or do they go for Hangry Hamby ? They need a Center badly , relying on Parker to play 5 when she's a true 4 did not help them much last season .

EDIT : Just saw Bri jones was cored . Conn is going to match Whatever is thrown so who's next? Tina Charles...yikes Shocked

PostPosted: 01/21/23 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:

Do they want Charli Collier 😒

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/21/23 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Hopefully ATL is still planning on a trade or a FA signing because at the moment they are still pretty thin in the post. As they give up their #3 pick . Praying for Bri Jones to pick them ? Or do they go for Hangry Hamby ? They need a Center badly , relying on Parker to play 5 when she's a true 4 did not help them much last season .

EDIT : Just saw Bri jones was cored . Conn is going to match Whatever is thrown so who's next? Tina Charles...yikes Shocked

Charli Collier for a '24 2nd Rd Pk?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 12 of 26

Jump to: