ATL 14-21
LAS 13-22
IND 5-30

2021 & 2022 Combined
PHX 34-33 (Owned by CHI)
NYL 27-40
——————
MIN 36-31
LAS 25-42 (Owned by ATL. WAS has option to swap)
ATL 22-45
IND 11-56 (Locked in for best odds at #1 pick)

Remaining schedule
LAS: DAL
ATL: @NYL
MIN: @CON
PHX: CHI
NYL: ATL
IND: @WAS

Top 5 team

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 08/12/22 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Other players we might see in the draft:
I think after Boston, Ayoka Lee and Diamond Miller will go high along with Haley Jones. Then:
Owusu (I still think she really needs to lose at least 20 lbs to have a Successful w career)
Tamari Key
Zia Cooke
Fran Belibi
Amihere
Aijha Blackwell (interested to see how she shows out at her new school)
maybe some shooters like Taylor Mikesell or Robertson
Jacie Sheldon
McKenzie Holmes
Kayla Wells
Hayley Frank
Taylor Jones (if she can stay healthy)

other names?
Most of these have some question marks and some will play themselves off the list but some may surprise us. PGs seem few and far between.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/13/22 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Other players we might see in the draft:
I think after Boston, Ayoka Lee and Diamond Miller will go high along with Haley Jones. Then:
Owusu (I still think she really needs to lose at least 20 lbs to have a Successful w career)
Tamari Key
Zia Cooke
Fran Belibi
Amihere
Aijha Blackwell (interested to see how she shows out at her new school)
maybe some shooters like Taylor Mikesell or Robertson
Jacie Sheldon
McKenzie Holmes
Kayla Wells
Hayley Frank
Taylor Jones (if she can stay healthy)

other names?
Most of these have some question marks and some will play themselves off the list but some may surprise us. PGs seem few and far between.

It could be the same scenario with the 2023 WNBA Draft that happen with the 2022 WNBA Draft, the Mystics get the #1 or #2 pick then trade down for Diamond Miller and additional draft picks like what happen with the 2022 Shakira Austin trade down. Oh, by the way Diamond Miller another Lady Terp.

Ice

PostPosted: 08/13/22 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diamond Miller is an exciting prospect for next years draft!

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/13/22 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ice wrote:
Diamond Miller is an exciting prospect for next years draft!

Just saying, it takes 36 minutes on the Green Line from the College Park/University of Maryland Metro Station to the Congress Heights Metro Station the stop for the Entertainment and Sports Arena where the Mystics practice and play their home games

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 08/13/22 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd add Rickea Jackson and Jordan Horston to that watch list. We'll have to see what kind of seasons they have.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/13/22 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know the ACC has been down lately, but nobody has mentioned Elizabeth Kitley, the latest ACC Player of the Year. She was also ACC Freshman of the Year in 2020. I think she may fall into the 3-7 range, depending on how she looks this year. Makes me a little nervous since similar players haven’t done well, like Cunane and Alarie. She was ACC Player of the Year, so she must be better than Cunane. Less of a toothpick, I would say. AND this year she’s playing with Ashley Owusu. Owusu wanting to play with her must say something.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/96Zv1AODPDg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/14/22 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Phoenix Mercury and New York Liberty have made the 2022 WNBA Playoffs.

The 2023 WNBA Draft Lottery Teams:

Indiana Fever
Atlanta Dream
Los Angeles Sparks (Atlanta Dream to Washington Mystics}
Minnesota Lynx

Shades

PostPosted: 08/14/22 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2021 Standings
MIN 22-10
PHX 19-13
NYL 12-20
LAS 12-20
ATL 8-24
IND 6-26

End of 8/14/2022
NYL 16-20
PHX 15-21
——————
MIN 14-22
ATL 14-22
LAS 13-23
IND 5-31

2021 & 2022 Combined
MIN 36-32 (10.4% odds at #1 pick)
LAS 25-43 (17.8% odds at #1 pick)
(Owned by ATL. WAS has option to swap)
ATL 22-46 (27.6% odds at #1 pick)
IND 11-57 (44.2% odds at #1 pick. Can do no worse than #3)

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/15/22 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The 2 Centers Boston and Lee are they right now at the top of most 2023 WNBA mock drafts?

Shades

PostPosted: 08/15/22 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
The 2 Centers Boston and Lee are they right now at the top of most 2023 WNBA mock drafts?

At the start of this thread (along with some other good stuff), I have Boston and Haley Jones as the Top 2. So I guess that’s most mock drafts at this point.

I have Lee going third at this point, but to reach that she’d have to show a lot more consistency than she did last year. After she set the NCAAW record for single game scoring last year, I didn’t really see anything close to that level from her again. But she’s a talented big body and they usually get more consideration.

Other players like Owusu, Diamond Miller, or Kitley (who I just talked about) could easily find themselves in the lottery. In the unlikihood that Cameron Brink or Haley Van Lith were to declare early for this draft, they’d be up for lottery consideration also, imo.

As far as Paige Bueckers goes, before her ACL injury she said she wanted to stay 4 years for sure. If she still feels that way, she could put off the WNBA draft for awhile.

2020-2021 Much ballyhooed freshman year
2021-2022 Injury riddled sophomore year
2022-2023 Out for ACL
2023-2024 Redshirt junior year
2024-2025 Redshirt senior year
2025-2026 Bonus covid year? (If NCAAW approves, and what haven’t they approved lately)

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 08/15/22 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx pretty obviously need a Center (or PF i guess depending on what you consider Shepard).
I really really really really really don't want Ayoka Lee taken, if available, by the Lynx if the Lynx keep their lottery pick and Boston is not available.

I do not see Ayoka Lee being a good WNBA player, let alone worth a lottery pick.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/25/22 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

K-State’s Lee to Undergo Season-Ending Surgery; Set to Return for 2023-24
https://www.kstatesports.com/news/2022/8/25/womens-basketball-k-states-lee-to-undergo-season-ending-surgery-set-to-return-for-2023-24.aspx

Quote:
"I am devastated for Yokie," said Mittie about the setback. "She has battled this knee injury for two years. We were hopeful with a summer procedure and extended rest, she would be able to play this upcoming season. Unfortunately, after meeting with the medical staff the last couple of days she will require season-ending surgery. We will support Yokie through her recovery and rehab and look forward to her returning to the court for the 2023-24 season."

This is disappointing. They didn’t detail the injury, but if she’s a nagging injury type in general, I’ll have to downgrade her long term prospects.

Quote:
Lee, a product of Byron, Minnesota, has been a dedicated student during her time at K-State, completing her undergraduate degree in May of 2021 in psychology and is currently pursuing her graduate degree in couples and family therapy.

Quote:
Lee was the only player in NCAA Division I women's basketball this season to register 725 or more points, 325 or more rebounds and 90 or more blocks.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 08/25/22 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Boston Creme Pie Lottery

Show me the money...
Or for those who might suspect...

Atlanta - $$$$
Indiana - Consolation
Washington/Atl - $$
Minnesota - $

My guess how the balls will land.

(Not how I'd like them to land.)

Last edited by RavenDog on 08/25/22 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 08/25/22 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sparks don’t have a pick. They traded it for Carter. ATL used that pick to facilitate the trade for 2022 #1 pick (Rhyne Howard). The team you seem to be missing is ATL, who still have their original pick.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 08/25/22 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
The Sparks don’t have a pick. They traded it for Carter. ATL used that pick to facilitate the trade for 2022 #1 pick (Rhyne Howard). The team you seem to be missing is ATL, who still have their original pick.

Is the above then correct now?

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 08/25/22 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Mystics get pick #3, this might be the year they trade up for #2. Haley Jones = perfect fit for this team.

~rAf
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 08/27/22 6:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
Lynx pretty obviously need a Center (or PF i guess depending on what you consider Shepard).
I really really really really really don't want Ayoka Lee taken, if available, by the Lynx if the Lynx keep their lottery pick and Boston is not available.

I do not see Ayoka Lee being a good WNBA player, let alone worth a lottery pick.

Do you guys want Charli Collier?

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/27/22 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:

I suspect Collier will be available for a bag of chips. It would be interesting to see her go to a team where she might get some court time and we could tell if she will/won't make a W player.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/27/22 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That’s tough news about Lee but I wonder if surgery and recovery will enable her to play without that cumbersome knee brace. Or at least move more fluidly if she does need to wear it.

I’m not sure how I feel about Lee. I think she’ll definitely have a role in the WNBA. I’m just not sure about her being a starter or not. Carolyn Swords was a comparably slow player. But Lee has better balance, is better defensively and is in my view stronger. But she’s also very lacking in mobility. It’ll be interesting to see if she’s more mobile post-surgery or not.

PostPosted: 08/30/22 6:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:

I suspect Collier will be available for a bag of chips. It would be interesting to see her go to a team where she might get some court time and we could tell if she will/won't make a W player.

"Bag of chips"......I caint, not can't....I CAINT 🤣🤣🤣🤣😆😆😆😆

RavenDog

PostPosted: 08/30/22 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:

Can't hurt. She needs a chance to play, so we can find out whether she wants to and can play. Very strange situation (and treatment), I believe there's more that went on with Collier in Dallas than we know about. Something happened or was said that triggered the treatment within the trifecta (Bibb, VJ, Collier). It will come out, once she's moved. Have to give Collier credit, she's not said anything negative about it, so.....? Who knows? A deal might have been arranged and agreed upon long ago for her transfer?

Considering Bibb's past moves of players, she stands a good chance of winning a WNBA championship ring. Laughing

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/30/22 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:

No Laughing

And seemingly no one does either Laughing

PostPosted: 08/30/22 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We need a center to replace Sylvia, but I am not sure how Collier would mesh chemistry-wise with Collier and Shepard. We need a fresh young mobile center who has talent but is also willing to learn, like Boston… 😄

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 08/31/22 12:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
We need a center to replace Sylvia, but I am not sure how Collier would mesh chemistry-wise with Collier and Shepard. We need a fresh young mobile center who has talent but is also willing to learn, like Boston… 😄

Charli Collier is not your answer. Trust me. Unless you need a back up to the back up.

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 5 of 26

Jump to: