RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA Prioritization
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
awhom111

PostPosted: 05/02/23 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guess we just learned that the Met Gala counts as a "significant life event" or a marketing appearance or something.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/09/23 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After alllll the whining are there only going to be three players fined at all, and one player missing who probably would've signed if the rules weren't in play?

Problem is, could create a false sense of security before the full rules kick in next year combined with an Olympic-year start date...

PostPosted: 05/09/23 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
After alllll the whining are there only going to be three players fined at all, and one player missing who probably would've signed if the rules weren't in play?

Problem is, could create a false sense of security before the full rules kick in next year combined with an Olympic-year start date...

Tony Parker cannot be happy that you are writing off his team's chances already. I wonder if Meesseman's representation tried to get clarification on exactly what national team activities would cause a problem in case she suddenly wants to parachute in late in the season. Exhibition games would seem like pretty obvious "providing playing services" but practice could just be argued to be group workouts or something.

I suspect that most overseas leagues will try to finish by May 1st. Some of the non-WNBA players are not that happy about having their season compacted though. I plan on having writing a season length article at some point.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/10/23 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
Tony Parker cannot be happy that you are writing off his team's chances already.

I was counting Williams as the one player who'd be missing but would've signed without the new rules. So I was giving credit to Lyon. If Bourges dump them out in the semis then maybe she'll still sign and we get four fined players and that's it.

PostPosted: 05/16/23 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle now hoping that Williams's concussion might help them dance around the rules: https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/37665047/storm-gabby-williams-limbo-amid-new-prioritization-rule

PostPosted: 06/13/23 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wrote about season lengths around the world here:
https://wbasketballblog.com/2023/06/13/international-league-scheduling/

The people at basketinforum were partially the inspiration for this if fredFC is reading this. I wish my French skills were better or existed at all really. Few things on the internet have made me laugh harder than the joke that the contracts of Joffrey Lauvergne and Nando De Colo must contain the secrets of the origins of COVID. It's a level of dark humor that I can get behind.
awhom111

PostPosted: 06/18/23 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now that we actually have McCowan needing to report back in 48 hours, it seems like some of this travel could be tricky. Ljubljana's airport is not that large so she kind of just has to take what she can get to return to Dallas by 3:45pm local time on Tuesday. Good thing nobody subject to prioritization has to fly back from Sydney.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/19/23 4:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
Now that we actually have McCowan needing to report back in 48 hours, it seems like some of this travel could be tricky. Ljubljana's airport is not that large so she kind of just has to take what she can get to return to Dallas by 3:45pm local time on Tuesday. Good thing nobody subject to prioritization has to fly back from Sydney.

I feel like this is one of those rare occasions where common sense would be used. If you're trying to get back and not just taking an extra week off before returning, they're not going to quibble over flight plans.

Shouldn't be too hard to get back from Ljubljana, though. I had multiple daily options from London, for example, and there must be hundreds of daily flights from the UK to the US.

PostPosted: 06/19/23 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
awhom111 wrote:

I feel like this is one of those rare occasions where common sense would be used. If you're trying to get back and not just taking an extra week off before returning, they're not going to quibble over flight plans.

Shouldn't be too hard to get back from Ljubljana, though. I had multiple daily options from London, for example, and there must be hundreds of daily flights from the UK to the US.

For some reason, the internet seems to think that Frankfurt is the best way to Dallas. Some suggestions also for ground transport to Zagreb or Venice/Trieste instead.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/20/23 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
awhom111 wrote:

For some reason, the internet seems to think that Frankfurt is the best way to Dallas. Some suggestions also for ground transport to Zagreb or Venice/Trieste instead.

Having an international airport (DFW) works wonders when you want to get somewhere quickly based off time versus distance . As long as they are not shutting down due to intercom hacking and making the entire airport re-enter TSA again like last week when BG came then she should be fine.

PostPosted: 07/17/23 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Han Xu is definitely not subject to prioritization or that temporary suspension would be for the rest of the season and she would not be allowed to sign next season.

Also, if anybody was waiting for an Amber Holt comeback to the league, she played in a WABA game over the weekend to be the player out of the league the longest to be rendered ineligible for this season.
tfan

PostPosted: 07/18/23 2:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice to hear an original Tulsa Shock - Amber Holt - mentioned and still playing.

awhom111

PostPosted: 07/28/23 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Spanish league has a full schedule already. The semifinals and finals will be played in May.

France is supposed to announce their full schedule next week, but are also supposed to have their semifinals and finals in May.

Italy announced that their regular season will conclude on April 20th so the finals should be in May and possibly the semifinals too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: