RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2023 commits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/12/22 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mary Ashley Groot, out of NY, has committed to Purdue. She is ranked #65 by HoopGurlz and is the second 4-star top 80 player for Purdue's class.

Gearlds is making improvements. Groot is the highest-ranked player to commit she took over a year ago.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 10/13/22 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2023 6-1 W Sahnya Jah of Bishop McNamara, MD committed to South Carolina today. 4-star Jah is the #45th rated overall prospect per Hoopgurlz and the #9 Wing. She is #13 overall per Prospect's Nation...

summertime blues

PostPosted: 10/17/22 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jada Mills, 5'8 G from Putnam (CT) Science Academy, has committed to JMU. Don't know anything about her but she looks like a sturdy young lady. We will need a good shooting guard to take over for Kiki Jefferson.

PostPosted: 10/17/22 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tessa Johnson (MN) will announce her decision wednesday. Top 3 are Minnesota, Baylor, and South Carolina. Go Gophers!

PostPosted: 10/19/22 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/northtartan/status/1582744441864921088?s=12

Tessa Johnson has committed to South Carolina! I’m going to enjoy watching her this high school season, and then following her at USC!

SPD

PostPosted: 10/19/22 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Miyah Verse has committed to UGA!

https://twitter.com/VerseMiyah/status/1581663654092513281?fbclid=IwAR0lBgvR65QGLtsXWYcdy_6dOSlPYgMDBFl0EVN4bUkxM1lapeL2vLS8jvM

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 10/20/22 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:
Disappointing to see that UCLA really couldn't follow-up their top 2022 class with any top 2023 recruits, esp. bigs.

then you must’ve missed 6-4 post and #32 overall prospect Amanda Muse commit to UCLA back in the spring

while Muse is currently the Bruins' only 2023 commit, perhaps it’s better to have a smaller class this year so that Close & Co. can focus on developing this year’s heralded class together

Close has got it such that this UCLA wbb program can attract talent whenever they need to, which may be even more true when the school-wide move to the B1G happens

I see that, but I think the best odds for UCLA would be to follow-up a class with another top 10 kid or two to really solidify their success. Hopefully they land Ju Ju Watkins, for their sake and to team Kiki Rice up with a really top tier running mate. They really missed out on Breya Cunningam.

We so often see these (let's call them not top 10) schools put together a top tier recruiting class and then can't back it up. I think of the prior UCLA top class in 2014. Hopefully they stay healthy. I remember when Duke snagged Chelsea Gray in 2010, Elizabeth Williams in 2011, Alexis Jones in 2012 and they never made it to a Final Four.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/20/22 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
I remember when Duke snagged Chelsea Gray in 2010, Elizabeth Williams in 2011, Alexis Jones in 2012 and they never made it to a Final Four.

I daresay there was a large chunk of dysfunction at the coaching level that precluded a FF from ever happening for Duke. But yeah, "promising classes" don't always pan out. Look at when Sylvia Hatchell landed Alysha Gray, Diamond DeShields, and Steph Mavunga. The *promise* fizzled.

Kelly Graves has had 4 out of his 5 kids in his (last) #1 recruiting class leave after 2 years. But that follows the Sabrina squad, where 4 recruits came to OR in '16 (all 4 in the top 100 of their class, so not shabby). This bunch added Sabally, then Erin Boley (who was ranked #5 behind Sabrina's #4 in '16's class) transferred, and voila! He knit together a team favored to win the National Championship in '20 (damn the Covid!)

I really wanna believe UCLA will be a force, in the near future. Cool

PostPosted: 10/20/22 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:
I remember when Duke snagged Chelsea Gray in 2010, Elizabeth Williams in 2011, Alexis Jones in 2012 and they never made it to a Final Four.

I daresay there was a large chunk of dysfunction at the coaching level that precluded a FF from ever happening for Duke. But yeah, "promising classes" don't always pan out. Look at when Sylvia Hatchell landed Alysha Gray, Diamond DeShields, and Steph Mavunga. The *promise* fizzled.

Kelly Graves has had 4 out of his 5 kids in his (last) #1 recruiting class leave after 2 years. But that follows the Sabrina squad, where 4 recruits came to OR in '16 (all 4 in the top 100 of their class, so not shabby). This bunch added Sabally, then Erin Boley (who was ranked #5 behind Sabrina's #4 in '16's class) transferred, and voila! He knit together a team favored to win the National Championship in '20 (damn the Covid!)

The biggest bust has to be Tenn's 5 AA's who enrolled in 2008 (GloJo, Stricklen, Brewer, Manning, Gray) and never made it to the Final Four, despite Tenn adding 4 more AA's in the next 3 years. There was also a "chunk of coaching dysfunction" as this was the noticeable beginning of Pat's illness.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 10/20/22 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:

In defense of Duke, C. Gray and A. Jones had injury issues as well.

You left off Jessica Washington, who was ranked 14th in Hoopgurlz:

3. Diamond DeShields
7. Alisha Gray
14. Jessica Washington
23. Stephanie Mavunga

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/20/22 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Howee wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:

In defense of Duke, C. Gray and A. Jones had injury issues as well.

You left off Jessica Washington, who was ranked 14th in Hoopgurlz:

3. Diamond DeShields
7. Alisha Gray
14. Jessica Washington
23. Stephanie Mavunga

I still marvel at how Stanford beat that team that year.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/20/22 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Howee wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:

The biggest bust has to be Tenn's 5 AA's who enrolled in 2008 (GloJo, Stricklen, Brewer, Manning, Gray) and never made it to the Final Four, despite Tenn adding 4 more AA's in the next 3 years. There was also a "chunk of coaching dysfunction" as this was the noticeable beginning of Pat's illness.

Shocked Forgot about them....and didn't all those kids STAY with TN for their 4 years?

PostPosted: 10/21/22 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From Carondelet (CA):

Ally Cummins commits to Northern Arizona

Jamie Kent commits to Pacific

PostPosted: 10/21/22 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
Howee wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:

Shocked Forgot about them....and didn't all those kids STAY with TN for their 4 years?

No. Amber Gray had shoulder surgery after her freshman year and had a post-op hemorrhage from an incidental brain aneurysm, with a resultant stroke and prolonged rehab period. She eventually transferred to Xavier. Lyssi Brewer "cut her Achilles on a broken candlestick" (and if you believe that, I've got a bridge I can sell you), refused to put any effort into rehab, got booted, and ended up at UCLA for her final season. (And actually, there were 6 more AA's in the three years after that 2008 class...Cain, Baugh, Spani, Massengale, Burdick, and Simmons, all of whom stayed at Tenn.)

summertime blues

PostPosted: 10/21/22 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't Manning transfer too? I've slept since then so I don't remember.

PostPosted: 10/21/22 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

Nope. She was a huge bust.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/22/22 1:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Howee wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:

Goes to show you there's more to coaching than acquiring good players. When Pat could no longer put the fear of God in them, they floundered...and injured themselves at parties.

~rAf
~UK~

PostPosted: 10/22/22 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jordy Griggs commits to Kentucky.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-women/article267706182.html

summertime blues

PostPosted: 10/22/22 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Nope. She was a huge bust.

Oh yeah, right. Some kids peak in high school and are never as good afterwards. It happens.

PostPosted: 10/23/22 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The #7 ranked recruit Aalyah Del Rosario, a 6'5 post out of Nashville, TN will announce her decision at 1pm PST on Tuesday. She is deciding between Tennessee, South Carolina, LSU and North Carolina.

Intriguing decision. Both LSU and North Carolina have landed top 5 recruits for her to pair with; at South Carolina she would replace outgoing senior Aliyah Boston. Tennessee is her home state school.

My guess is it's South Carolina; who also appear to be among the final 3 for #1 Ju Ju Watkins out of California.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/23/22 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
My guess is it's South Carolina; who also appear to be among the final 3 for #1 Ju Ju Watkins out of California.

....and the rich get RICHER! Razz Quality draws quality.

PostPosted: 10/24/22 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/34854777/2023-women-college-basketball-recruiting-class-rankings-top-15-national-signing-day

Per this story, #1 JuJu Watkins is down to a final 4 of Arizona, South Carolina, USC and Stanford.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 10/25/22 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aalyah Del Rosario to LSU.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/kim-mulkey-and-lsu-add-commitment-from-2023-five-star-aalyah-del-rosario/ar-AA13n2d6

SPD

PostPosted: 10/25/22 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LSU, South Carolina and Tennessee are going to be tough to beat in the next couple of years...

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/25/22 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SPD wrote:
LSU, South Carolina and Tennessee are going to be tough to beat in the next couple of years...

It's a good thing that one of them has to lose when they play eachother. Surprised

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: