RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Athletes Unlimited league
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 02/02/22 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just bumping this up. Week 2 starts tonight with new teams and captains. Courtney Williams is making her debut tonight as a part of Team Harrison.

Taj Cole is the 1st AU (only) athlete to get signed in the W! The model is working and she's headed to Connecticut training camp!

They play double headers every Wed, Fri and Sat and draft new teams on Sunday. Here is the schedule: https://auprosports.com/basketball/schedule/2022/

It's a fun league. I hope you guys will tune in! Btw, I have no affiliation with the league. I just love supporting the ladies and what they are doing Smile

lynxmania

PostPosted: 02/02/22 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Harrison has continued to impress me each game. Basically unstoppable. Huge game so far tonight too.

PostPosted: 02/03/22 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Harrison has continued to impress me each game. Basically unstoppable. Huge game so far tonight too.

Yes indeed! Izzy has looked great! Were you able to watch the second game last night? I tried the Bally app and site but of course, it requires subscription to certain services Confused Thankfully most of the games aren't on there.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 02/03/22 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Yes indeed! Izzy has looked great! Were you able to watch the second game last night? I tried the Bally app and site but of course, it requires subscription to certain services Confused Thankfully most of the games aren't on there.

No I didn’t even try. Bally Sports is a misstep for this league but otherwise I’ve enjoyed it so far

PostPosted: 02/03/22 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

No I didn’t even try. Bally Sports is a misstep for this league but otherwise I’ve enjoyed it so far

Gotcha! Agreed!

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 02/16/22 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Week 4 of AU hoops and 1 more week to go! The games have continued to be fun to watch and it has been awesome to see players get "called up" to the W.

Lauren Manis is the woman of the day and has been great all season. She has a high motor and is aggressive on both sides of the ball. I hope someone scoops her up!

The league has introduced a great series entitled, "All on the Table." A series where athletes have honest and unfiltered conversations about their experience in sports and life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBf8pZ R2ZA&t=19s&ab_channel=AthletesUnlimited

It is a great to hear their perspectives and experiences!

wnbafan

PostPosted: 02/17/22 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have enjoyed this league and look forward to future years of watching it. I hope the WNBA GMs are paying attention.

Go team Cloud!

PostPosted: 02/17/22 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:
I have enjoyed this league and look forward to future years of watching it. I hope the WNBA GMs are paying attention.

Go team Cloud!

Me too!!

I'm so loving how these ladies are building and gaining confidence e.g.

https://twitter.com/Lexiebrown/status/1494143875388116997

It will be fun to see if it translates!

Btw, I'm so happy to hear that Meme Jackson got a training camp invite for the Mystics! Go AU!!

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 02/23/22 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey! I'm just tapping in because this is the last week of AU hoops. I've thoroughly enjoyed the season and in all honesty, I'm going to miss it. It has been such a pleasure to watch these ladies play with so much joy and passion!

Here is the week 4 recap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhbhYDXLBTc&ab_channel=AthletesUnlimited

Games tonight start at 9PM.

Go AU! Go W!

awhom111

PostPosted: 02/19/23 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The draft for Season 2 is on Sunday. I wrote a little bit about current and former players here:
https://wbasketballblog.com/2023/02/18/athletes-unlimited-player-guide/
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 02/19/23 6:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
The draft for Season 2 is on Sunday. I wrote a little bit about current and former players here:
https://wbasketballblog.com/2023/02/18/athletes-unlimited-player-guide/

Thank you for the great player guide! I'm definitely looking forward to Season 2!

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/19/23 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i hope Queenie already knows that G'mrice Davis is in the league

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/19/23 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They did the draft for Week 1 today, for anyone who cares. Details already up on Across the Timeline: https://acrossthetimeline.com/auprosports/drafts.html#season=2023

It amuses me that Natasha Cloud's very first pick was a point guard. Gotta get someone else to run the offense so she can get those shots up Smile.

PostPosted: 02/19/23 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
i hope Queenie already knows that G'mrice Davis is in the league

I thought I’d heard that, but I’m glad to have confirmation! Maybe this will get her another shot and she’ll finally break through and make a W roster.

PostPosted: 02/20/23 7:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
They did the draft for Week 1 today, for anyone who cares. Details already up on Across the Timeline: https://acrossthetimeline.com/auprosports/drafts.html#season=2023

It amuses me that Natasha Cloud's very first pick was a point guard. Gotta get someone else to run the offense so she can get those shots up Smile.

She a shooter!! 😜

Thanks for the link, this is great.

PostPosted: 02/20/23 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

She a shooter!! 😜

Thanks for the link, this is great.

She saw what kind of respect she got for LEADING the WNBA in ASSISTS: ZERO. In a league that also has Courney Vandersloot, Chelsea Gray and Skylar Diggins-Smith, apparently leading everyone in assists means diddley squat.

BE a SHOOTER Tash!

~rAf
tfan

PostPosted: 02/22/23 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Got this email today:

Athletes Unlimited Basketball Now on WNBA League Pass

CATCH WNBA PLAYERS IN ACTION BEFORE THE WNBA SEASON TIPS OFF IN MAY

Five weeks of nonstop action this offseason, where the teams change weekly and every moment counts.

Featuring: Natasha Cloud, Kelsey Mitchell, Lexie Brown, Isabelle Harrison & many more

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 02/23/23 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

BE a SHOOTER Tash!

As an old coach of mine used to say, "We don't need shooters. We need makers."

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 02/23/23 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Got this email today:

Athletes Unlimited Basketball Now on WNBA League Pass

CATCH WNBA PLAYERS IN ACTION BEFORE THE WNBA SEASON TIPS OFF IN MAY

Five weeks of nonstop action this offseason, where the teams change weekly and every moment counts.

Featuring: Natasha Cloud, Kelsey Mitchell, Lexie Brown, Isabelle Harrison & many more

I've been trying to figure out if our 2022 subscriptions still work for this or if we need to sign up and pay for the 2023 W season to see the AU games. I suppose we will see tonight and love that there are more places to watch it but hate that the times overlap with key college games. Such is the life of a women's bball supporter....Confused Multiple devices shall be open tonight! Laughing

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/23/23 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, wouldn't it be lovely if the WNBA League Pass interface wasn't a complete disaster, and you could easily check things like that? I'm pretty sure I still have access and my subscription from last season will cover the AU games, but won't be particularly surprised if it doesn't work tonight. They haven't made it at all clear.

PostPosted: 02/23/23 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ill be there saturday in Fair park !! Feel free to say hello Very Happy Smile

PostPosted: 02/23/23 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Yes, wouldn't it be lovely if the WNBA League Pass interface wasn't a complete disaster, and you could easily check things like that? I'm pretty sure I still have access and my subscription from last season will cover the AU games, but won't be particularly surprised if it doesn't work tonight. They haven't made it at all clear.

Yes indeed!! Exclamation

Update: The AU game is working in the app. No new subscription required!

scullyfu

PostPosted: 02/23/23 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you have the Roku Channel (download app), search for Sports & then look for the Women’s Sports Network. They show the Live AU games for free. Also, other volleyball, softball, etc. right now it’s Team Williams vs Team Sims.

PostPosted: 02/23/23 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like WNBA League Pass subscribers from last season are getting the games there. At least, unless they've somehow charged me for another season without me noticing.

PostPosted: 02/23/23 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Seems like WNBA League Pass subscribers from last season are getting the games there. At least, unless they've somehow charged me for another season without me noticing.

I saw the channel last weekend & they were showing AU volleyball, I think. I didn’t have League Pass last year. I did purchase it today, but I think seeing the AU game was just a timing coincidence.

I couldn’t locate a W app on the Roku channel. I have it on YouTube TV, but it doesn’t have anything but last seasons’s games, no AU on it. It does show up on wnba.com .

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: