Phoenix Mercury 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/08/22 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
IM in OC wrote:
https://twitter.com/alexaphilippou/status/1556735397136371715

BREAKING: Diana Taurasi will miss the remainder of the season with a quad strain, the Phoenix Mercury announce.

Yvonne “Vonnie” Turner has been signed to a hardship contract to replace Taurasi’s roster spot

Not unexpected after missing the last few games. No sense in running her into the ground just to make an 8 seed. I wish they had been smarter with managing her minutes but I imagine DT herself probably insisted on playing the minutes she played.

I just hope she plays next year.

I believe Diana Taurasi will be a unrestricted free agent after this season and 41 years old during the 2023 season, I don't see her returning to the WNBA as a player.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 08/08/22 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
IM in OC wrote:
https://twitter.com/alexaphilippou/status/1556735397136371715

BREAKING: Diana Taurasi will miss the remainder of the season with a quad strain, the Phoenix Mercury announce.

Yvonne “Vonnie” Turner has been signed to a hardship contract to replace Taurasi’s roster spot

Not unexpected after missing the last few games. No sense in running her into the ground just to make an 8 seed. I wish they had been smarter with managing her minutes but I imagine DT herself probably insisted on playing the minutes she played.

I just hope she plays next year.

I believe Diana Taurasi will be a unrestricted free agent after this season and 41 years old during the 2023 season, I don't see her returning to the WNBA as a player.

I could see her coming back for one more year if the circumstances are right. I think this season was definitely intended to be the final push but obviously the circumstances changed due to the BG situation. It would be a shame if this is how it all ends for her career but sometimes that's just how it is.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/08/22 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does Phx need to think about blowing it all up? SDS could force her way out if Nygaard is the HC. It's obvious, she does not like her.

In 2023, possibly no DT, and prayerfully, BG can come back soon, but who knows when, and if, she would be ready to lace them up for few more seasons.

No disrespect to the others, SDS can get them quick a bounty as a trade asset.
Idea

PostPosted: 08/08/22 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Does Phx need to think about blowing it all up? SDS could force her way out if Nygaard is the HC. It's obvious, she does not like her.

In 2023, possibly no DT, and prayerfully, BG can come back soon, but who knows when, and if, she would be ready to lace them up for few more seasons.

No disrespect to the others, SDS can get them quick a bounty as a trade asset.
Idea

Please Phoenix, get rid of 🤡. Do you really need a 2nd year of this high school experiment?

Look no further than having starters in with little over a minute to go, down 20 on the road. SOMEONE on that bench needed to be getting those players off of the court. If not 🤡, than one of the assistants needed to do it.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Queenie

PostPosted: 08/08/22 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m not going to stoop to the clown language, but Nygaard is in so far over her head that her feet are touching the Marianas Trench. Now, granted, I don’t think there’s a coach living or dead who anticipates their star center being at the center of an international political firestorm, so I’m cutting her some slack. But a team full of strong, outspoken personalities needs a coach who can either stand up to them or diplomatically negotiate with them. Nygaard, as far as I can tell, is a doormat.

(now with spelling variations)
RavenDog

PostPosted: 08/09/22 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I’m not going to stoop to the clown language, but Nygaard is in so far over her head that her feet are touching the Marianas Trench. Now, granted, I don’t think there’s a coach living or dead who anticipates their star center being at the center of an international political firestorm, so I’m cutting her some slack. But a team full of strong, outspoken personalities needs a coach who can either stand up to them or diplomatically negotiate with them. Nygaard, as far as I can tell, is a doormat.

+1

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 08/11/22 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:

Quote:

The Phoenix Mercury have announced that guard Skylar Diggins-Smith will miss the team’s final two regular season games due to personal reasons. The team intends to sign a replacement player tomorrow and that player will be available to play in Friday’s game.

https://twitter.com/PhoenixMercury/status/1557826894204227584

Shocked Idea

mercfan

PostPosted: 08/11/22 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:

Quote:

The Phoenix Mercury have announced that guard Skylar Diggins-Smith will miss the team’s final two regular season games due to personal reasons. The team intends to sign a replacement player tomorrow and that player will be available to play in Friday’s game.

https://twitter.com/PhoenixMercury/status/1557826894204227584

Shocked Idea

I think this has more to do with handling the BG news than the state of the franchise. My heart hurts for these players. They really did their best this season to show up.

Chicago if you want to give us your draft pick back it would be greatly appreciated Smile

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/14/22 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will this be Skylar Diggins-Smith's last season in Phoenix as a Mercury player? It appears Skylar Diggins-Smith has a $234,350 contract for the 2023 WNBA Season then become a unrestricted free agent for the 2024 WNBA Season. Who could be a possible Mercury trading partner (Dream, Fever, Sparks) for Skylar Diggins-Smith?

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 08/14/22 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Will this be Skylar Diggins-Smith's last season in Phoenix as a Mercury player? It appears Skylar Diggins-Smith has a $234,350 contract for the 2023 WNBA Season then become a unrestricted free agent for the 2024 WNBA Season. Who could be a possible Mercury trading partner (Dream, Fever, Sparks) for Skylar Diggins-Smith?

As we've learned with star players, it's Skylar's decision where she goes.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/14/22 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

As we've learned with star players, it's Skylar's decision where she goes.

I believe Skylar Diggins-Smith is limited if she's traded where she might want to go because she has 1 year left on a max salary and can become a unrestricted free agent after the 2023 WNBA Season.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 08/14/22 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With BG imprisoned, SDS suspended, DT injured, and TC divorced, congrats to the Merc for still managing to trip ass first into the playoffs!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24

Jump to: