PostPosted: 10/17/21 4:12 pm    ::: Chicago Sky 2022 Reply Reply with quote

They did it! Exclamation

Way to go Sky! Cool

What's next? Parade! Razz

Can figure the rest out later
Mr. Green

greg5222

PostPosted: 10/17/21 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to the WNBA Champions Chicago Sky!!!

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 10/17/21 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You made a Chicago 2022 thread before a Phoenix 2022 thread?😆

PostPosted: 10/17/21 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Chicago. They earned it.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 10/17/21 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am pleased as punch with my team right now!

For several years, at the end of the season, the coaches have said we really didn't need to make too many adjustments. But each year, we ended up falling short: injuries, falling apart in the clutch or a bone headed play. This year it all came together!

I'll leave it to those of you who follow WCBB and know more about the positions than I do (which doesn't take much). I enjoy reading that stuff! Very Happy

PostPosted: 10/17/21 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

I already made the Phoenix 2022! It has been up for a while Cool

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 10/17/21 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Please excuse me for not noticing it. When did you put up by the way?

PostPosted: 10/17/21 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Chicago does not keep DeShields I love for them to go after Rebecca Allen. She has the length, quickness, and a commitment to playing defense that would make a nice addition to the squad.

PostPosted: 10/17/21 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What a crazy and wonderful season. The talent was always there but injuries hurt us all season. It was wonderful to see it all come together when it mattered the most. Congratulations Chicago!

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 10/17/21 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Please excuse me for not noticing it. When did you put up by the way?

No worries, a bunch of other people didn’t notice it either. The last time that happened, the newer thread got locked down. The same thing should happen again unless favoritism is involved Idea

Last edited by Admiral_Needa on 10/17/21 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
bryan_february_

PostPosted: 10/17/21 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just like watching Vandersloot play. She is like maestro with the ball, the accuracy and creativity of her passes is a joy to watch.

PostPosted: 10/17/21 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they can keep this squad together another 2-3 years they can win another.

PostPosted: 10/17/21 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I posted at the beginning of the season that I wanted the Sky to win this year even over my Wings. So happy they were able to do it, but could not imagine it’d be this dramatic or I’d be this thrilled. So happy fir my 2 fave players of all. Those two decided to team up and create something really beautiful!!! Sky, after this terrific tide, I’ll let you win another next year over my Wings!

Milks26

PostPosted: 10/17/21 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My 2nd team won. I called them pre season they delivered.

However, with that being said send DeShields to Texas. I don't know what's up with her lately but, she got her ring now she needs new air. (for Thorton)

I was never high on Ndour (especially after her trash season with the Wings) - move on from her to.

PostPosted: 10/17/21 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The advanced stats article regarding the best of the to 25 put Catchings as the GOAT and Parker as runner up. I wonder if this year will change things at all amongst the top 2. I believe the article stated, “And it wasn’t even close.” But maybe now Parker has closed the gap.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 10/18/21 1:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

after Chicago pays Sloot, Quigley, Copper and their first round pick

Sloot/Evans
Quigley/1st round pick
Copper
Stevens/Hebard
Parker

they are going to have about 240K left for 3 or 4 players (That breaks down to two inexpensive contracts and on 90/100k contract)

(That is assuming that Sloot, Quigley and Cooper average out at about 195K considering Sloot and Copper could legitimately get the 228k max I might be under counting).

jewelsongs

PostPosted: 10/18/21 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What a great end of the season for CP3. She will always be a Spark to me, and I am so happy for her.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 10/21/21 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel like part of the improvement of the Sky was attributable to Azura getting healthy. This is her first season that she ended healthy. Hopefully, this is a trend. She could be the next Finals MVP if so.

Cooper2009

PostPosted: 10/21/21 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
I feel like part of the improvement of the Sky was attributable to Azura getting healthy. This is her first season that she ended healthy. Hopefully, this is a trend. She could be the next Finals MVP if so.

This. Azura had moments where the defense completely forgot what she could do, and she made them pay for it. If she remains healthy she could become their offense presence in the post. Look for Hebard to continue developing strongly. I want them to somehow keep this group together, VanderQuigs and Candace won’t be around forever, build around Copper, Azura, and Deshields(find your shot because the defense is there)… and continue developing Evans and Brown

The Sky also have the 6th or 7th pick? Do they go Post or Guard? Who do they have signed or suspended that could be coming back?

PostPosted: 10/22/21 7:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cooper2009 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

This. Azura had moments where the defense completely forgot what she could do, and she made them pay for it. If she remains healthy she could become their offense presence in the post. Look for Hebard to continue developing strongly. I want them to somehow keep this group together, VanderQuigs and Candace won’t be around forever, build around Copper, Azura, and Deshields(find your shot because the defense is there)… and continue developing Evans and Brown

The Sky also have the 6th or 7th pick? Do they go Post or Guard? Who do they have signed or suspended that could be coming back?

What the Sky do in free agency next year will direct what path they take in the draft.

PostPosted: 10/22/21 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a burning question. Winstrust looks like such a great venue, much better than the All-State “Correctional Facility.” Why is there such a crappy door? Anybody been there that can let me know the quality of the venue?

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 10/24/21 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Realized while watching my Bears get slaughtered, that it doesn’t matter, cuz the Sky won! Woot. This will be my self-soothing facto for at least the next year.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 10/24/21 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
I have a burning question. Winstrust looks like such a great venue, much better than the All-State “Correctional Facility.” Why is there such a crappy door? Anybody been there that can let me know the quality of the venue?

It's a new facility (opened in 2017), and I haven't seen anything that shoddy in the public areas. The restrooms are open, so no doors to go in and out. As I said somewhere here, it is surprising that a building that is for DePaul University and Chicago Sky basketball, McCormick Place and concerts would have such a cheap door.

https://wintrustarena.com/arena-info/

Quote:
THE WINTRUST ARENA, THE PREMIERE EVENT SPACE, IS A GAME CHANGER FOR MCCORMICK SQUARE AND TOURISM IN THE COMMUNITY.

DESIGNED BY THE INTERNATIONALLY-RENOWNED ARCHITECTURE FIRM PELLI CLARKE PELLI, THE NEW BUILDING IS UNIQUE FROM AN ARCHITECTURAL STANDPOINT COMPLEMENTING MCCORMICK PLACE AND THE SURROUNDING AREA.

THE WINTRUST ARENA IS A MULTI-PURPOSE VENUE FOR CONCERTS, SPORTING EVENTS, GENERAL SESSION HALL FOR BUSINESS MEETINGS AND CONVENTIONS AS WELL OTHER MAJOR SPECIAL EVENTS. WITH 10,000 SEATS AND 22 STATE OF THE ART SUITES, THE WINTRUST ARENA CAN ACCOMMODATE A MYRIAD OF EVENTS. FEATURING A FIRST-CLASS NCAA BASKETBALL COURT THAT IS THE NEW HOME COURT FOR DEPAUL UNIVERSITY MEN’S AND WOMEN’S BASKETBALL TEAMS. THE ARENA ALSO SERVES AS THE HOME FOR THE WNBA BASKETBALL TEAM THE CHICAGO SKY.

PART OF A VIBRANT AND WALKABLE URBAN EXPERIENCE FOR CONVENTION GOERS, THE WINTRUST ARENA IS LOCATED IN THE HEART OF MCCORMICK SQUARE, MAKING IT A PRIME TOURISM DESTINATION FOR LOCAL RESIDENTS AND VISITORS ALIKE. THE ARENA SERVES AS A FURTHER CATALYST FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF THE HISTORIC MOTOR ROW ALONG SOUTH MICHIGAN AVENUE AND OTHER SURROUNDING NEIGHBORHOODS.

THE WINTRUST ARENA IS A PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN THE METROPOLITAN PIER AND EXPOSITION AUTHORITY (MPEA) AND DEPAUL UNIVERSITY

I guess they don't care about the folks using the non-public areas! Laughing

PostPosted: 10/25/21 6:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So the door was cheap? Sounds like blaming the victim to me. Razz

root_thing

PostPosted: 10/25/21 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So the door was cheap? Sounds like blaming the victim to me. Razz

Laughing Laughing

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: