Fowles
Clarendon
Banham

Reserved
Carleton
Zandalasini
Cruz

Back burner
Moore (Go all green, Maya. They’re a one-and-done playoff team without you.)

Who?
Alleyne

Draft picks

Plenty of UConn talent available for Reeve:
CWilliams, Westbrook, Olivia Nelson-Ododa

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 09/26/21 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/26/21 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

generally I think Cheryl is one of the top coaches which means she may get more out of players than expected, which is a good thing. But then it may mean they overachieve, but just not enough to get to the top?

Powers and McBride, when they are 'on', are a pretty powerful combo. Syl is Syl. Collier is usually better than she has been in this last game. Maybe one really good FA puts you over the hump. But not sure. I'm not sure if you really have that glue player that can hold it all together. Maybe Collier. Right now it feels like there isn't quite enough 'team' play. Maybe it's too much to ask when you have Powers and McBride as two important pieces, and both of them have always struck me as 'me first' players. IMO that may be why Collier had a somewhat 'down' year.

Maybe this is all too philosophical.

ucbart

PostPosted: 09/26/21 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Guaranteed
McBride $196,267
Powers $196,267
Achonwa $160,000
Dantas $129,150

Rook contracts
Collier $72,141
Dangerfield $67,042
Davis $65,664
Shepard $60,471

UFA
Fowles
Clarendon
Banham

Reserved
Carleton
Zandalasini
Cruz

Back burner
Moore (Go all green, Maya. They’re a one-and-done playoff team without you.)

Who?
Alleyne

Draft picks

Plenty of UConn talent available for Reeve:
CWilliams, Westbrook, Olivia-Nelson-Ododa

In what universe is Achonwa worth $160,000?

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/26/21 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whether she's worth it or not, that's the money that got thrown at her, and that money has to be taken into cap consideration.

I suspect there's no point in waiting for Moore to put her cape on and save the day. Move on. Learn from the mistakes of every franchise that has rested all their hopes on a player *maybe* being available.

(now with spelling variations)
Shades

PostPosted: 09/26/21 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:

In what universe is Achonwa worth $160,000?

Prior to this season, Fowles had two injury-riddled seasons in a row. So there was no guarantee before the season when Achonwa was signed that Fowles would come back after this season. Therefore, Reeve probably pictured Achonwa as a big part of the future.

Reeve gambled on Anchowa. I thought she came into camp a bit soft, and she stayed soft. Maybe she’ll be determined to come in ready next season. I hope so.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/26/21 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Minny should stay the course

re-sign Fowles and Carelton

draft a post and a PG/Combo guard with #8 and #13

Posts who might be available at 8 or 13
Carter, Hillmon, N. Sabally, Prince, Juhasz, Cunane, Cubaj, Hollingshead, Egbo, Nelson-Odado

guards who might be available at 8 or 13
Westbrook, Williams, Henderson, Hayes, Burton

Dangerfield/Westbrook
McBride/Powers
Collier/Carelton/Davis
Dantas/Shepard/Juhasz
Fowles/Achonwa

I just filled it out with two picks feel free to mix and match your own

Shades

PostPosted: 09/26/21 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m surprised there hasn’t been any Dantas trade proposals. She’s relatively cheap. She’d be a decent post for a 5-out system. She might return to 2020 form next season. And Reeve might consider it in order to max out Fowles, who hasn’t had a big contract yet it the new CBA era, and have a little left over. I should probably work on the math.

Not sure NYL has anything that Reeve would want that NYL would be willing to give up. I’m sure Spooner could come with some table scraps.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/26/21 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I’m surprised there hasn’t been any Dantas trade proposals. She’s relatively cheap. She’d be a decent post for a 5-out system. She might return to 2020 form next season. And Reeve might consider it in order to max out Fowles, who hasn’t had a big contract yet it the new CBA era, and have a little left over. I should probably work on the math.

Not sure NYL has anything that Reeve would want that NYL would be willing to give up. I’m sure Spooner could come with some table scraps.

No

I am pretty realistic this year about what NY has to trade

basically the #5 pick
Maybe Onyenwere

I don't see us moving on from Whitcomb, Laney or Howard
Ionescu is the face of the franchise
Not sure if Durr will be back but if she is would any team be open to trading for her?
We don't have any RFA or the rights to Johannes anymore
we also do not have a 2nd round pick
I like Jones, Shook and Odom but unless they are added to one of the above as filler I don't seeing them netting much on their own, maybe a second round pick maybe an equally deep bench player or to air someone in cap relief. Like would Atlanta want out from under Hawkins contract enough to take Shook in return? (I do however agree that any of those players might get picked up off the waiver wire if we move on from them).

So #5 for Dantas?
Doesn't sound too crazy
I don't see it happening but not sure who says no

Shades

PostPosted: 09/26/21 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

I am pretty realistic this year about what NY has to trade,
basically the #5 pick, maybe Onyenwere.

Selling high on fake ROY’s seems like a smart move (somebody should have told Reeve), but Onyenwere is definitely not a position of need for the Lynx. Maybe you could lure another team.

Not sure Reeve is looking for any more young additions next season. Could be wrong. Next season is the last year of Collier being cheap. Could be closing window season for them. I wonder if she’d be more interested in 2023 youth.

J-Spoon wrote:

I don't see us moving on from Whitcomb, Laney or Howard
Ionescu is the face of the franchise.

I keep hearing that Ionescu is too slow and is not a real PG, as if the best point guards historically are speedsters. Reeve would look at Ionescu like a plate of ribs. Be thankful for what you got. She’s basically a rookie that just averaged six assists per game.

J-Spoon wrote:

Not sure if Durr will be back but if she is would any team be open to trading for her?

Any team? Are you trying to make this into yet another Liberty thread? You guys should probably ride Durr out since you’ve gone this far with her.

J-Spoon wrote:

We don't have any RFA or the rights to Johannes anymore

Don’t have the rights to Johannes? Shocked
Reeve should definitely be checking her out.

J-Spoon wrote:

we also do not have a 2nd round pick

Definitely wouldn’t be interested in that anyway. Don’t have the room for the picks that we got.

J-Spoon wrote:

I like Jones, Shook and Odom but unless they are added to one of the above as filler I don't seeing them netting much on their own, maybe a second round pick maybe an equally deep bench player or to air someone in cap relief.

They’re all yours.

J-Spoon wrote:

So #5 for Dantas?
Doesn't sound too crazy
I don't see it happening but not sure who says no

Probably every Liberty fan that loves next year’s draft.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/26/21 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dantas and #13 for Carter?

(Probably should be #8 but lets say 13 just for fun)

root_thing

PostPosted: 09/26/21 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Based on this year's numbers, I don't see how Dantas is a significant upgrade from Shook. In fact, if you believe in PER or PIE, Shook is the better player.

Dantas has looked good on offense at times, but historically she hasn't been much of a rebounder or rim protector. Attendance in recent years is also a bit concerning. She missed 15 games in 2018, 8 in 2019, and 8 in 2021. Yes, a lot of players miss games these days for various reasons. You plan on it and live with it when it comes to stars. Dantas is not on that level.

PostPosted: 09/26/21 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Dantas and #13 for Carter?

(Probably should be #8 but lets say 13 just for fun)

Reeve supposedly has a no-knuckleheads policy. Not sure how firm she’s on that since I’m sure some would describe Powers as somewhat knuckleheady. Carter might be too much of a gamble for Reeve, and Reeve likes to gamble. Me, I’d probably dive in. Returning Dantas to ATL seems too cruel though. She might refuse to go. Just gonna have to make the math work to keep her. Maybe Fowles will decide to retire.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 09/27/21 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

I suspect there's no point in waiting for Moore to put her cape on and save the day. Move on. Learn from the mistakes of every franchise that has rested all their hopes on a player *maybe* being available.

Thank you!!!!!!! Besides she wouldn't be surrounded by multiple future Hall of Famers to have free reign, she'd have to work a whole lot harder.
At soon to be 33, she should go ahead and start that family. 2023 perfect summer to hang #23 in the rafters Idea

PostPosted: 09/27/21 1:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Powers and McBride, when they are 'on', are a pretty powerful combo. Syl is Syl. Collier is usually better than she has been in this last game. Maybe one really good FA puts you over the hump. But not sure. I'm not sure if you really have that glue player that can hold it all together. Maybe Collier. Right now it feels like there isn't quite enough 'team' play. Maybe it's too much to ask when you have Powers and McBride as two important pieces, and both of them have always struck me as 'me first' players. IMO that may be why Collier had a somewhat 'down' year.

Maybe this is all too philosophical.

Not at all. Kind of how I see things.

The Lynx still need to find an identity. Injuries didn’t help & kind of set that back.

Who knows what Davis can add but if she can come back healthy, she might bring something to the table.

I want Dantas back; hopefully healthy back at the 4/PF spot so Phee can go back primarily to the 3/SF spot.

Finding Clarendon was a gift. She can be the PG of the moment; but the Lynx need to find the PG for the future. Dangerfield, bless her heart, is an ok little option off the bench. Her size is a problem when it comes to running an offense. I’m partial to the Whalen, Bird, Sloot type PGs and those are so hard to find.

Napheesa was finding a groove pre-Olympics but I was afraid she might have a hard time getting into a grove post Olympics. The return of Powers and the loss of DD pushed her to the 4 and she really never found a rhythm. Unlike many, I don’t care what some number may say, I prefer her primarily at the 3 and part time at the 4. The 4/PF under Cheryl Reeve can kind of be a wasteland; you defend, hopefully rebound, facilitate for others and you’re a scavenger on offense, figure out how you can score (usually by cleaning up other peoples mess) because little to nothing is going to be run for you.

Seimone had the right idea in getting into Phee’s ear that she is now the franchise player. Yes Mama Syl deserves all her flowers but she is going to be done sooner then later. Napheesa has all the tools to be ‘that’ player for the team but she’ll need to settle into that mind set. She struggled this year. Seems she was sick with something? and been dealing with plantar fasciitis issues; (I’ve had issue w/plantar fasciitis and it is no joke and can be very painful); She’s also supposed to be getting married soon so I hope she comes back next spring with a healthy body and a clear mind to take her game & team to the next level.

There’s a lot to work with. Generally, looks & feels like the players all get along. But they now have to figure out how to mesh and complement each other on the court. Finding their identity might help them get over the hump to make a longer run in the playoffs.

PostPosted: 09/28/21 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Media in general did piss-poor coverage of collier’s ‘injury’ and going in to this season I figured she was a top tier player.

She deserves better coverage overall, and is pretty greatly overlooked by the media. It was very annoying to all year hear how Layshia turned the lynx season around, Um that just happened to coincide with phee’s return to the team as well.

What’s not good is it seems Powers scoring increase seemed to come at the expense of Phee’s overall play. Less ball movement and less cutting/slashing for collier. Dantas’ injury didn’t help either having to be the primary 4.

IM in OC

PostPosted: 10/11/21 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cheryl Reeve affirms that Cecilia Zandalasini will return to play with the Minnesota Lynx in 2022 in the absence of commitments with the Italian National Team

https://twitter.com/anaislopez23/status/1447554229346897922

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 10/18/21 5:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've seen talk of dolson being a free agent, and i would actually like to see her on the lynx... great backup option for fowles... and i think would be a great high-low post for the lynx.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/18/21 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
I've seen talk of dolson being a free agent, and i would actually like to see her on the lynx... great backup option for fowles... and i think would be a great high-low post for the lynx.

After signing Fowles and Clarendon, there won’t be any more money left for big contracts. If Dolson doesn’t need a big contract, she can stay in Chicago.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/18/21 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

$947,002 - 8 players already signed
$228,094 - Fowles
$115,000 - Clarendon
..$60,471 - Zandalisini
$1,350,567

2022 salary cap
$1,379,200

That would leave no money for draft picks. 🤔
So is Zandalasini really a sure thing based on a random tweet?
Or maybe Reeve isn’t feeling Rennia Davis, but just hasn’t stated it yet.

Clarendon/Dangerfield
McBride/Davis
Powers/Zandalisini
Collier/Dantas/Shepard
Fowles/Achonwa

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 10/27/21 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Maya still under contract?

- It just seems weird that she has seemingly stepped away for good without the proper farewell that one of the greats deserve.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 10/27/21 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:

- It just seems weird that she has seemingly stepped away for good without the proper farewell that one of the greats deserve.

I don't think she really cares at this point.

I'm sure we'll see her at the W30 celebration.im surprised she didn't come to the W25 one.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 10/28/21 1:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:

Let her go and be a wife and mother. Goodbye Maya.

PostPosted: 10/28/21 7:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just to answer the question, Moore isn't under contract, but Minnesota do still hold her exclusive rights.

PostPosted: 10/28/21 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Just to answer the question, Moore isn't under contract, but Minnesota do still hold her exclusive rights.

Thank you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: