RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/06/22 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks are officially the team with most baggage. Just light the fuse and watch the fireworks. If nothing else, Fish knows how to completely destruct a former championship team.

~rAf
jap

PostPosted: 02/06/22 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Sparks are officially the team with most baggage. Just light the fuse and watch the fireworks. If nothing else, Fish knows how to completely destruct a former championship team.

On the contrary, Fish will be coach of the year, coach of the decade, coach of all time!!!

PostPosted: 02/06/22 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fish out of water !!!

P Sherman Wallaby way better make sure he can keep that lockeroom positive. Having Nneka is a big plus !

PostPosted: 02/06/22 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love Jap's optimism. It's the time of year to give your team all the love. LA will definitely be intriguing. If only there were five balls on the court, then everybody could be happy.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/06/22 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Fish out of water !!!

P Sherman Wallaby way better make sure he can keep that lockeroom positive. Having Nneka is a big plus !

The way I just screamed Laughing Laughing

Plz don't go away

jap

PostPosted: 02/06/22 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I love Jap's optimism. It's the time of year to give your team all the love. LA will definitely be intriguing. If only there were five balls on the court, then everybody could be happy.

I just love going against the grain in this forum. The Beat LA!!! crowd is such a ridiculously easy mark, and sometimes I just love riling them up any which way I can. Wink

PostPosted: 02/06/22 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I just love going against the grain in this forum. The Beat LA!!! crowd is such a ridiculously easy mark, and sometimes I just love riling them up any which way I can. Wink

Beat LA crowd? Okay. The fun and excitement of watching the Sparks this season is waiting in anticipation for the self inflicted wounds that the LA squad impose on themselves.
IF LA makes it to the finals then LA management should definitely give Fisher a fat raise.πŸ‘ŒπŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ˜Ž

PostPosted: 02/06/22 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
jap wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Beat LA crowd? Okay. The fun and excitement of watching the Sparks this season is waiting in anticipation for the self inflicted wounds that the LA squad impose on themselves.
IF LA makes it to the finals then LA management should definitely give Fisher a fat raise.πŸ‘ŒπŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ˜Ž

Rock Hard!, we haven't had that much to talk about since your HOT! female coach left some years back. I was hoping we might steal Diamond and pair her with Gabby this season, but those plans went awry with Hollywood Liz' availability. I don't believe Liz is officially a Spark yet (get the Wishy Washy Queen signed already!), but things seem about as positive as they can seem when the reigning WNBA's antithesis of Miss Congeniality is the headline news. I am hoping some of these youngsters who have flashed talent last year (e.g., Te'a, Lauren Cox, Arella Guirantes, & Jasmine Walker) start coming into their own as legitimate effective WNBA players.

It would be nice if Chiney actually, actually plays ball instead of acting like some disoriented model who is unaware she's lost her groove. Is Kristi "The Mad Bomber" Tolliver still packing weapons of mass destruction, or did last season signal the beginning of the end of her downtown heat missiles? What does Brittney Sykes do for an encore since she seems to grow even more each successive season? Will she become the female Black Mamba to Liz' female Shaq Momma or does Nneka still have enough athletic juice to handle that role? Can Amanda elevate her play any higher, or has she peaked out already?

I mean, my NFL LA Rams are playing at home in the Super Bowl next Sunday. Shouldn't that fact alone naturally inspire LA's WNBA home team to strive for championship heights? Can Fish, a former good defensive NBA player get Liz and the rest of the team to maximize their defensive efforts as he appeared to do for the most part last season? Can LA become the WNBA's Title Town once again?

PostPosted: 02/06/22 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
I love this time of the year, everyone is so hopeful and optimistic before reality sets in Laughing Laughing

Love how ESPN quoted β€œVerbally β€œ Laughing Laughing Laughing : https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/33228299/all-star-center-liz-cambage-verbally-commits-los-angeles-sparks

Chile Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/06/22 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
jap wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Rock Hard!, we haven't had that much to talk about since your HOT! female coach left some years back. I was hoping we might steal Diamond and pair her with Gabby this season, but those plans went awry with Hollywood Liz' availability. I don't believe Liz is officially a Spark yet (get the Wishy Washy Queen signed already!), but things seem about as positive as they can seem when the reigning WNBA's antithesis of Miss Congeniality is the headline news. I am hoping some of these youngsters who have flashed talent last year (e.g., Te'a, Lauren Cox, Arella Guirantes, & Jasmine Walker) start coming into their own as legitimate effective WNBA players.

It would be nice if Chiney actually, actually plays ball instead of acting like some disoriented model who is unaware she's lost her groove. Is Kristi "The Mad Bomber" Tolliver still packing weapons of mass destruction, or did last season signal the beginning of the end of her downtown heat missiles? What does Brittney Sykes do for an encore since she seems to grow even more each successive season? Will she become the female Black Mamba to Liz' female Shaq Momma or does Nneka still have enough athletic juice to handle that role? Can Amanda elevate her play any higher, or has she peaked out already?

I mean, my NFL LA Rams are playing at home in the Super Bowl next Sunday. Shouldn't that fact alone naturally inspire LA's WNBA home team to strive for championship heights? Can Fish, a former good defensive NBA player get Liz and the rest of the team to maximize their defensive efforts as he appeared to do for the most part last season? Can LA become the WNBA's Title Town once again?

Toliver is wondering what the holy hell she got herself into. Was it really worth it to get an extra year of contract to be around this mess? And it IS a hot mess. No free agent worth half a dam is going to this team unless they're the only team offering. Best believe there were 11 teams saying "thanks but no thanks" to Hollywood Liz and her ton of baggage. Same with Chennedy Carter. Atlanta was darn lucky there was a mess of a team willing to take on lockerroom poison Chennedy. The place for all misfits and ne'er do wells. Even Liz's national team sent her packing. Anyone thinking this team's going to win anything is seriously deluded.

All Fish has done since arriving is LOSE. Lose every star player. Lose games. I don't know why, but those in charge want this team to totally self destruct and Fish is the one to do the deed. They ain't no other reason to keep a coach & GM that does nothing but LOSE.

~rAf
tfan

PostPosted: 02/06/22 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

All Fish has done since arriving is LOSE. Lose every star player. Lose games.

Even after going 12-20 in 2021, Fisher had a winning record in his three years in LA: 49-39. In 2019 LA was 22-12. Both Ogwumekes have remained on the team through Fisher's tenure

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/06/22 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
It would be nice if Chiney actually, actually plays ball instead of acting like some disoriented model who is unaware she's lost her groove.

The way I cackled at that line...

PostPosted: 02/07/22 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
jap wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
jap wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Toliver is wondering what the holy hell she got herself into. Was it really worth it to get an extra year of contract to be around this mess? And it IS a hot mess. No free agent worth half a dam is going to this team unless they're the only team offering. Best believe there were 11 teams saying "thanks but no thanks" to Hollywood Liz and her ton of baggage. Same with Chennedy Carter. Atlanta was darn lucky there was a mess of a team willing to take on lockerroom poison Chennedy. The place for all misfits and ne'er do wells. Even Liz's national team sent her packing. Anyone thinking this team's going to win anything is seriously deluded.

All Fish has done since arriving is LOSE. Lose every star player. Lose games. I don't know why, but those in charge want this team to totally self destruct and Fish is the one to do the deed. They ain't no other reason to keep a coach & GM that does nothing but LOSE.

The Australian National Team wanted Liz to be part of their team that is why the sent her the letter asking if she was interested which led to the whole post about her saying she wasn't playing. As far as losing every star player, by all accounts that I've read the 2 star players that left both said they left for personal reasons and it was between LA and where they signed, so if he lost the players and he is the reason they didn't return to LA why would it be between LA and the 1 other team they ended up signing with.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 02/07/22 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
I love this time of the year, everyone is so hopeful and optimistic before reality sets in Laughing Laughing

Love how ESPN quoted β€œVerbally β€œ Laughing Laughing Laughing : https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/33228299/all-star-center-liz-cambage-verbally-commits-los-angeles-sparks

Chile Laughing Laughing

I was wondering if you Sparks fans would be hyped about this verbal commit or not. Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing
Spark4Life

PostPosted: 02/08/22 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.wnba.com/news/sparks-sign-wnba-champion-jordin-canada/

β€œI’m extremely blessed to be back in my city and to play for my hometown,” Canada said. β€œIt has always been a dream of mine to be a part of this championship organization. I can’t wait to get to training camp and get to work with my teammates.”

Welcome home! πŸ’›πŸ’œ

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/08/22 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:

β€œI’m extremely blessed to be back in my city and to play for my hometown,” Canada said. β€œIt has always been a dream of mine to be a part of this championship organization. I can’t wait to get to training camp and get to work with my teammates.”

Welcome home! πŸ’›πŸ’œ

I hope it works out for her. Lots of guards in front of her. Hopefully she's been working on her shot. Even if she could get a consistent mid-range and be able to finish layups it would help.

craigmont

PostPosted: 02/08/22 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:

Welcome home! πŸ’›πŸ’œ

I hope it works out for her. Lots of guards in front of her. Hopefully she's been working on her shot. Even if she could get a consistent mid-range and be able to finish layups it would help.

I'm happy for her and wish her success. As a Storm fan I'm sad to lose her and won't be surprised if we come to regret it.

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 02/18/22 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://sparks.wnba.com/news/sparks-sign-wnba-all-star-liz-cambage/

Welcome to LA, Liz... πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’›

zune69

PostPosted: 02/18/22 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agrees with Fish. the Sparks will be a legit title contender this season.

jap

PostPosted: 02/18/22 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:

Hollywood Liz: "Now I can finally accessorize in Purple & Gold! If Aaron Donald can win a championship in the City of Angels, why can't I?"

PostPosted: 02/18/22 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:

Hollywood Liz: "Now I can finally accessorize in Purple & Gold! If Aaron Donald can win a championship in the City of Angels, why can't I?"

All the Sparks haters are mad lmao.
GREAT JOB FISH!

jap

PostPosted: 02/18/22 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
jap wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:

GREAT JOB FISH!

This all depends on how serious Liz actually is. We don't need wishy washy Liz at all - we have plenty of side shows in LA, thank you. However, if Big Momma is coming in to focus & dominate, she has a most interesting supporting cast already.

PostPosted: 02/18/22 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
jap wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:

GREAT JOB FISH!

This all depends on how serious Liz actually is. We don't need wishy washy Liz at all - we have plenty of side shows in LA, thank you. However, if Big Momma is coming in to focus & dominate, she has a most interesting supporting cast already.

She sounds motivated and ready. And finally where she always wanted to be, and in the purple and gold.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/18/22 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's still very strange that the WNBPA isn't saying something about star players signing for far under their market value

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 02/18/22 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Color me intrigued. After a disappointing (but hard fought) season, the Sparks look to be relevant again. As others have alluded to, I feel like it is either going to go really good or really bad, with not much room in between. Roster looks pretty well filled out. It is just a matter of how everyone gels.

Here is how I see it:

Carter/Canada/Cooper
Toliver/Samuelson
Sykes/Walker
N. Ogwumike/C. Ogwumike
Cambage/Zahui B/Cox

I think Guirantes is the odd woman out. I know Jasmine Walker was drafted to play the 4, but I think they move her to the 3 to get some more playing time. I also scooted Samuelson up to the 2 because we know Canada can't shoot. Good mix and match of size with the shorties (Carter, Canada, Cooper, Toliver and Sykes) and some more size (Samuelson, Walker). If Chiney can stay on the court, I like this post rotation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

Jump to: