RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

P12 tourney
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 03/10/19 1:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
Oh cut the shit Howee...they were lucky as hell to win and you know it. Smile

Yer such a Root-Toot-Tooter, silly goose. Of COURSE it was luck. All luck. They're Lucky Ducks. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/10/19 2:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
bearman, what has been bad about this year? And you should send a report to the P12 about what you think. It can't hurt for them to hear from a fan.

nvm: I see what you said on previous page. But still report your thoughts to them.

From a basketball perspective after a bad first day the quarterfinals and semifinals have been great. But from the standpoint of planning and security the venue and the Pac 12 did a bad job of communicating and getting ready for the event. After two days of reaching out I was finally able to corner a pac 12 official and make my grievances known. I had previously sent a few emails for which I didn't get a response. I believe they will take those issues to heart and do a better job next year.

It is unfortunate that these problems occurred because I believe it could have an effect on attendance next year, and that was already a problem this year. I heard a lot of grumbling from the people around me on both the water and program issues as well as uncomfortable seats and a few other things. What was clear was that whether they came from Colorado, Oregon or the Bay Area they spent some real money to attend the tournament and may not be willing to do so next year. And most of the problems were both foreseeable and could have been addressed. Indeed had I been able to speak with a Pac 12 official on Thursday or Friday or if they had responded to my email I probably wouldn't have said anything on here.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/10/19 2:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
Thanks Cori for the T. You cost your team the win.

The technical on Close was important as was the subsequent jump ball call. From my vantage point it appeared that UCLA possessed the ball and Close called timeout. The official next to her started to raise her hand but before she blew her whistle another ref called the jump. While I have never been a fan of allowing coaches to call live ball timeouts I believe that she should have been granted the timeout under current rules.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/10/19 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a feeling UCLA will cause an upset or two in the NCAA tournament.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Phil

PostPosted: 03/10/19 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
What a bullshit jump ball call.

I agree.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/10/19 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Two upsets? They'll be favored in at least the first two rounds, so two upsets would have them winning their region and going to the final four. Is that really what you're predicting?

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/10/19 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Two upsets? They'll be favored in at least the first two rounds, so two upsets would have them winning their region and going to the final four. Is that really what you're predicting?

They'll be playing a lower seed the first game, but then face a higher seed on the latter's home floor in the second game.

- Amanda Gorman
linkster

PostPosted: 03/10/19 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
bearman, what has been bad about this year? And you should send a report to the P12 about what you think. It can't hurt for them to hear from a fan.

nvm: I see what you said on previous page. But still report your thoughts to them.

From a basketball perspective after a bad first day the quarterfinals and semifinals have been great. But from the standpoint of planning and security the venue and the Pac 12 did a bad job of communicating and getting ready for the event. After two days of reaching out I was finally able to corner a pac 12 official and make my grievances known. I had previously sent a few emails for which I didn't get a response. I believe they will take those issues to heart and do a better job next year.

It is unfortunate that these problems occurred because I believe it could have an effect on attendance next year, and that was already a problem this year. I heard a lot of grumbling from the people around me on both the water and program issues as well as uncomfortable seats and a few other things. What was clear was that whether they came from Colorado, Oregon or the Bay Area they spent some real money to attend the tournament and may not be willing to do so next year. And most of the problems were both foreseeable and could have been addressed. Indeed had I been able to speak with a Pac 12 official on Thursday or Friday or if they had responded to my email I probably wouldn't have said anything on here.

I'm sure this sort of thing went out to bid or at least they sought out prices. Looks like they went with the financially best offer. You get what you pay for.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/10/19 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I'm sure this sort of thing went out to bid or at least they sought out prices. Looks like they went with the financially best offer. You get what you pay for.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/10/19 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love Seattle but I like me some Vegas too.

PostPosted: 03/10/19 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I doubt that it went out to bid. The Pac 12 has a continuing relationship with this company for the men's tournament and that has been a tremendous success. I suspect that this was just a marriage of convenience because the Key Arena is being renovated. The plan has always been to return to Seattle in 2021.

And from my discussion with the Pac 12 official I believe everyone would say, "mistakes were made."

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 03/10/19 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
linkster wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I doubt that it went out to bid. The Pac 12 has a continuing relationship with this company for the men's tournament and that has been a tremendous success. I suspect that this was just a marriage of convenience because the Key Arena is being renovated. The plan has always been to return to Seattle in 2021.

And from my discussion with the Pac 12 official I believe everyone would say, "mistakes were made."

If you could write a blog post and post it everywhere, I think it can make an impact. I wanted to go and I'm sure many of us would consider going next year. However, your bad experience is giving me second thoughts. The more people know, the more they can call out Pac-12 organizers of the event.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 03/10/19 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just ran into Sandy Brondello in the hallway. Then spotted Kiana and DJ. Getting into the spirit!

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/10/19 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will Stanford stay within 25 tonight?

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/10/19 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
Will Stanford stay within 25 tonight?

I have hopes. They had by far the easier semi so got more rest for starters...not a huge amount, but still significant when you're playing three games in three days. [Ionescu and Cazorla 45 minutes yesterday and Hebard with 41] Oh, and supposedly Cazorla is battling flu and Sabally has some kind of leg injury.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/10/19 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Every time I see that Lion, I think it's wearing a diaper.

- Amanda Gorman
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/10/19 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PAC12 fans- has Oregon gotten favorable officiating all year?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/10/19 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ionescu has a triple-single already! She's awesome.

PostPosted: 03/10/19 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:

Ionescu definitely does. It's the superstar effect. And I think sometimes Ruthie gets it too. Anigwe definitely gets it too. But Alanna Smith probably does as well but I can't see that of course.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/10/19 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well if Carrington could make her layups we'd be up a healthier amount.

Of course Oregon has shot for shit so far too.

- Amanda Gorman
Coyotes

PostPosted: 03/10/19 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:

Ionescu definitely does. It's the superstar effect. And I think sometimes Ruthie gets it too. Anigwe definitely gets it too. But Alanna Smith probably does as well but I can't see that of course.

Cardinal tinted glasses?

I loved Shannon’s bucket. As an aside, Shannon signed the star spangled banner. A huge plus for a dead guy like me. So excited to be here in person!

toad455

PostPosted: 03/10/19 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ionescu needs to get the rest of her team in this game.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/10/19 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do not drub Tara by 40 at Maples and expect no payback.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/10/19 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure why Wilson is getting so many minutes...

and then she makes one.

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/10/19 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wasn't Landers droning on recently about Oregon having the best offense in the country?

20 points in the first 19 minutes? Seriously?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: