RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Note Dame (6) @ Tennessee - 1/16/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durantula

PostPosted: 01/16/17 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the scary part about playing a Tennessee team in March where again they will be underseeded relative to their talent. Last year they lose a bunch of games and still make the the Elite 8. If they are say a 8 or 9 seed they could be playing 2 or 3 seeds that they have more talent than.

Durantula

PostPosted: 01/16/17 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Jackson is a 40% 3-pt shooter, 2nd on the team behind Middleton.

Well that surprised me. Just looking now she shot 6% as a freshman.

She's still sub 40% overall field goal % which isn't great but what a huge improvement, kudos to her.

PRballer

PostPosted: 01/16/17 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Come on Tennessee!! Nice shot by Nared.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/16/17 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing

Durantula wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
Jackson is a 40% 3-pt shooter, 2nd on the team behind Middleton.

Well that surprised me. Just looking now she shot 6% as a freshman.

She's still sub 40% overall field goal % which isn't great but what a huge improvement, kudos to her.

She's improved a lot on both ends of the court. She seems to be a very hard worker.

Ex-Ref

Free throws.

ND gave TN WAY too many vs. the number they created for themselves.

Durantula

HUGE win by Tennessee!

What do people think about their strategy to foul multiple times at the end? Obviously it worked but without hindsight, was it the best? I normally agree with this strategy but since Tennessee has no depth, I think that was risky because if the game went to OT they would be in more foul trouble, but also because now if they fouled someone on a non-shooting foul, they would still get free throws. Granted Allen shot a 3 so it didn't matter, but its always fun to look at end of game strategy.

linkster

PostPosted: 01/16/17 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Key to the game? Officiating in the 4th period. Tenn got every 50-50 call.

And believe me I couldn't care less who won.

Last edited by linkster on 01/16/17 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 01/16/17 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McGraw beaten by a bad coach. Is it time for Ivey to take over? Very Happy

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/16/17 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great win by Tennessee. Congrats to them. But I'm very disappointed in my Irish. They need to keep leads when they get them.

GlennMacGrady

Great win for the LV's. Good coaching and play in the 4Q. The best 6-6 player in the country does a solid job against AA Turner.
Durantula

4th quarter was huge. Notre Dame had 7 points whereas in the first three quarters they had 25, 19, and 18.

Tennessee had fewer turnovers than Notre Dame which I would never have predicted.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/16/17 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wtf Holy Shit Did I Just See The Lady Vols Beat A Top 10 Team AGAIN . And Execute Aggressively On Offense? Diamond Played Like A Mf MONSTER . Where The Hell Has That Player Beeeeeenn.Maybe CP3 Needs To Come To Every Game From Now On #GoLadyVols 71-69 W!

PostPosted: 01/16/17 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tenn's good team showed up tonight. The next game may be entirely different. They bring talent to the court every night, but focus is another story altogether.

And I have to disagree about DD. She made a bunch of flashy plays on offense, but slacked off on defense just like she always does. Scores 2, gives up 2.

Last edited by FrozenLVFan on 01/16/17 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 01/16/17 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great effort and win by the Lady Vols. This team always surprises me - they have the ability to play like this every game, but so often has those stinkers effort-wise.

Saw Candace Parker and her daughter (I guess) along the sideline at the end of the game - Parker was introducing her to Phillip Fulmer, who is in the lead running for the next UT Athletic Director....

PRballer

PostPosted: 01/16/17 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Great effort and win by the Lady Vols. This team always surprises me - they have the ability to play like this every game, but so often has those stinkers effort-wise.

Saw Candace Parker and her daughter (I guess) along the sideline at the end of the game - Parker was introducing her to Phillip Fulmer, who is in the lead running for the next UT Athletic Director....

If Fulmer is the next AD is that "good" for the Lady Vols and women's athletics at the school? Seems like he was part of the glory era for the women.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 01/16/17 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Well they made it to the last minute of the first quarter before talking about UConn. That must be a new record for Doris.

She must have felt intimidated by it being We Back Pat night. For just a little bit....

linkster

PostPosted: 01/16/17 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I couldn't understand why ND didn't take more threes. They were 5-7. Ogunbowale was 1-1 but kept driving the lane and shooting 5-13 other than the one three.

Looks almost like McGraw is trying to bring back the old "drive the lane" offense from the Diggins era which used to get them to the line a lot but tonight they got 9 ft's to 22 for the LV's.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 01/16/17 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Tennessee is one poorly coached team and with a useless 6'6 post player. Holly needs to watch Geno coach a 6'6 player next year to learn how it's done.

Yes, he's really coached his 6-6 player on how to hold down the bench very nicely....

bballgrl

PostPosted: 01/16/17 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

I am so glad someone else saw what I saw. Of course Tenn got every 50-50 call. There were many times in that quarter where a foul could have and should have been called on Tenn. There is no way Tenn went through a full quarter with just 1 foul. I just knew they would get help from the ref's cause there was no way that Tenn was going to lose on their home court on "We Back Pat" night so the outcome did not surprise me at all! First time Tenn beat ND since 2008, that is 16 years ago. During those 16 years Pat was the couch for most of them so now Holly has the team beating ND. ha ha Holly is not a better coach than Pat was so you know this game was given to them.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/16/17 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:

If Fulmer is the next AD is that "good" for the Lady Vols and women's athletics at the school? Seems like he was part of the glory era for the women.

At least he KNOWS and CARES ABOUT the university, unlike the POS in the position now. He is also a great supporter of women's athletics, as the father of three daughters who played sports.

And yes, that was Candace's daughter Lailaa.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/16/17 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Great win for the LV's. Good coaching and play in the 4Q. The best 6-6 player in the country does a solid job against AA Turner.

symmetry.

PostPosted: 01/16/17 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
linkster wrote:

I am so glad someone else saw what I saw. Of course Tenn got every 50-50 call. There were many times in that quarter where a foul could have and should have been called on Tenn. There is no way Tenn went through a full quarter with just 1 foul. I just knew they would get help from the ref's cause there was no way that Tenn was going to lose on their home court on "We Back Pat" night so the outcome did not surprise me at all! First time Tenn beat ND since 2008, that is 16 years ago. During those 16 years Pat was the couch for most of them so now Holly has the team beating ND. ha ha Holly is not a better coach than Pat was so you know this game was given to them.

Your math doesn't support your argument.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/16/17 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
bballgrl wrote:
linkster wrote:

Your math doesn't support your argument.

Ignore her. She's always come right out and said she detests Tennessee.

PostPosted: 01/16/17 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
HUGE win by Tennessee!

What do people think about their strategy to foul multiple times at the end? Obviously it worked but without hindsight, was it the best? I normally agree with this strategy but since Tennessee has no depth, I think that was risky because if the game went to OT they would be in more foul trouble, but also because now if they fouled someone on a non-shooting foul, they would still get free throws. Granted Allen shot a 3 so it didn't matter, but its always fun to look at end of game strategy.

Exactly what I would have done in that situation. I remember a game in 2000-2001 against Georgia that ND won by doing the same thing. ND only had to do it once, but it was the right call then and again tonight.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: