RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kentucky v. Oklahoma
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/30/10 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Surprised that ESPN would acknowledge her.

Her colleagues don't seem to hate her--just her former superiors. *shrugs*

ThreeBall25 wrote:
Does Andy Landers do Matthew Mitchell's hair everyday? Yeesh, GREASY.

I was wondering who'd be the first one to point that out! Laughing Laughing

Mathies to LA 2013
BlacknGold

PostPosted: 03/30/10 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CRASH wrote:
BlacknGold wrote:
Go Sooners! OK is a better coached team for certain than this Kentucky squad. But then I'm biased toward Jock Barbie.

They're pretty evenly coached, just different styles.
But I know what you mean with Coach Coale. Wink

Ooooooooooooooooh yes. Wink

PostPosted: 03/30/10 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I admit that I was hard on Sherri Coale after last year. I thought Courtney Paris, for a senior All-American, had some very glaring flaws in her game, and Coale's lack of adjustments after halftime led to the second half collapse against Louisville in the Final Four.

But she has done a tremendous coaching job this year. She lost a lot of talent, plus lost one of her starting guards to injury. Yet they're going back to the Final Four. They're obviously not going to beat UConn, and likely won't beat Stanford on Sunday (though if Stanford repeats last night's performance, you never know). But Sherri Coale deserves a lot of credit for this run.

Oh, and pilight, what do you have to say about the Big 12, which will make up half of the Final Four? Laughing

32-lefty

PostPosted: 03/30/10 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Surprised that ESPN would acknowledge her.

Her colleagues don't seem to hate her--just her former superiors. *shrugs*

And the whole OK connection thing. The commentators are probably digging for things to talk about. Who would have predicted this outcome? I think the UK women drank some of the men's "can't make a basket in the biggest game of the year" juice.

FS02

PostPosted: 03/30/10 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford gonna have their hands full with this loose OU team that wasn't even expected to get this far.

PostPosted: 03/30/10 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The boy was wondering whether Mitchell was some time-shifted younger version of Landers- at least the observation wasn't completely off the mark.

I think the commentators are drunk. Because, seriously, "turning the trick"? If I have nightmares of Sherri Coale raiding Kathy McConnell-Miller's closet and working the streets, I'm suing ESPN. And trying to brush off constantly confusing Robinson and Stevenson with "they have very similar hairstyles and colors"? Seriously? Not rocket science. Single digit=Stevenson. Double-digit=Robinson.

PostPosted: 03/30/10 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

These refs are crackin my shit up right now. You can't save em! lol

pilight

PostPosted: 03/30/10 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

32-lefty wrote:
Who would have predicted this outcome?

Just some delusional B12 fans. Wink

Really, Stevenson isn't a 75% shooter, and Oklahoma isn't likely to hit 60% from the floor again against anyone, let alone Stanford.

As for parity, we have three of the same four teams in the F4 that we had last year...

PostPosted: 03/30/10 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
...colors"

Shocked

ladyvols76

PostPosted: 03/30/10 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
32-lefty wrote:

Really, Stevenson isn't a 75% shooter, and Oklahoma isn't likely to hit 60% from the floor again against anyone, let alone Stanford.

As for parity, we have three of the same four teams in the F4 that we had last year...

My bracket picked this outcome Very Happy I didn't get Baylor right though... *sigh*

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 03/30/10 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:
Oh, and pilight, what do you have to say about the Big 12, which will make up half of the Final Four?

...with teams that finished third and sixth in the league, no less.

32-lefty

PostPosted: 03/30/10 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ladyvols76 wrote:
pilight wrote:
32-lefty wrote:

My bracket picked this outcome Very Happy I didn't get Baylor right though... *sigh*

I had OU too, I just didn't figure it would be by this margin. It's rather weird that both the UK men and women had essentailly the same thing happen to them in the elite 8 - uncharacteristically good shooting by the opposing team, while their shooting disappeared. Such is life.

I'm a fan of both teams, so I was torn with this one. Glad one of them will move on. It should be an interesting game against Stanford.

CRASH

PostPosted: 03/30/10 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wanted Tucky to win for sentimental reasons, but my bracket stays intact. Coach Coale has done a great job this year. Oklahoma showed great poise in coming back to win big, good job sooners!

PostPosted: 03/30/10 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK, Sherri Coale rules. I'm convinced. Very Happy

So now the battle is between the only two teams that had a second-half lead on UConn this year. Couldn't be any better.

PostPosted: 03/30/10 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rustedsyringe wrote:
Queenie wrote:
...colors"

Shocked

I heard them say "hair colors", which still isn't all that true.

Mathies to LA 2013
eyevolley4

PostPosted: 03/30/10 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ny Stevenson. Big time.

PostPosted: 03/30/10 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ogwumike, Pedersen, Appel; Robinson; Griner; Moore, Charles are making their mobs look REALLY good these playoffs!

Kinda shocked that Coale ain't trying to run Barbie/low-post ball anymore. She's not even scared to let Danielle Robinson play a little out of control ocasionally.

PostPosted: 03/30/10 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ladyvols76 wrote:

same here. hey, three outta four's not bad. Smile

PostPosted: 03/30/10 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yowza. THAT was terrific. Yes, my bracket's gone mad. No, I did NOT pick OK to go past ND. But OK is still my sentimental fave*, and I was so happy to see them pull this one off. It was a real testament to the skill and grit of both the players and coaches to see them right themselves after the crappy start, and dominate.

Mega Kudos to Victoria Dunlap. THAT girl is fantastic. Her offensive boarding alone is phenomenal, for an undersized post player; KY will have a fantastic season next year, I'm sure.

*footnote: My passion for WCBB began in '06, when I became mesmerized with Courtney Paris in the matchup with Stanford. I also happened to become a Stanford (e.g., "Wiggins") fan at that time. Hence, Sunday's matchup will be a win-win situation for me. Laughing

24duzitall

PostPosted: 03/31/10 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

a disappointing loss for uk but i am glad they made it much further than they were "supposed" to.
i didn't think much of the mitchell hire but he's much better than i gave him credit for. he got them to play hard and together. it was nice to see that. maybe this program will continue to improve and the ad, the school, and the local media will show them a bit more love than they got this year.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: