RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Gonzaga vs. Texas A&M
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FS02

PostPosted: 03/23/10 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:
FS02 wrote:
mekanos wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Nebraska is clearly the best of the B12.

In the one and done tournament format, A&M beat Nebraska -- that's what is clear.

Just like what the Zags just did to A&M. So big kudos to them for the accomplishment.

I believe Connie Yori when she says her team is not built to win the Big-12 tourney (and she said that beforehand). Nebraska went there with the goal of winning one game. They were still putting forth a good effort vs. A&M, but if you're not all-in it makes a difference.

But honestly I still thought A&M would beat Gonzaga because they have the people to totally take Vandersloot out of her game.

How can you not be built to win your conference tournament? Is she referring to having to win three games in three days?

If so, that doesn't speak very highly of her depth.

Exactly.

But the NCAA Tournament is a different situation...

PostPosted: 03/23/10 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
njjosh wrote:
FS02 wrote:
mekanos wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Nebraska is clearly the best of the B12.

In the one and done tournament format, A&M beat Nebraska -- that's what is clear.

Just like what the Zags just did to A&M. So big kudos to them for the accomplishment.

I believe Connie Yori when she says her team is not built to win the Big-12 tourney (and she said that beforehand). Nebraska went there with the goal of winning one game. They were still putting forth a good effort vs. A&M, but if you're not all-in it makes a difference.

But honestly I still thought A&M would beat Gonzaga because they have the people to totally take Vandersloot out of her game.

How can you not be built to win your conference tournament? Is she referring to having to win three games in three days?

If so, that doesn't speak very highly of her depth.

Exactly.

But the NCAA Tournament is a different situation...

Still, Yori doesn't see Nebraska as the "favorite."

"We are not built to play three games in three days," the Big 12 coach of the year said. "Because we play full-court defense. We expend a lot of energy -- that's who we are. In order to do that for three games in a row, that's hard.

"We're not a half-court execution team. So I think it will be a huge challenge for us, because of our style, to win the Big 12 tournament."

Two games in three days -- which is the NCAA tournament setup -- is a different story. Yori is not concerned about that.

Here is the link. It is an article by Voepel.
http://espn.go.com/ncw/blog/_/name/ncwexperts/id/4984642/lot-uncertainty-big-12-tourney-opens

bridgehere

PostPosted: 03/23/10 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
just got home from the game. no one wanted to leave the arena. it was a madhouse, people screaming, hugging, high fiving. the girls just beside themselves with joy. otoh, the aggies were crushed. in fact, adams didn't even walk down the hand slap line. she stayed off to herself, bent over, visibly upset at missing that last shot. frieson and vandersloot went over and patted her on the back.

vivian frieson was el fuego these last two games. she is the senior glue that holds this team together with her calm demeanor, court presence and play at both ends of the court.

YOWZAH!!!! i'm so glad to have seen that in person. i don't know about anyone else, but i would venture to say that the two zags games have been the best games of the tourney so far. but then, i may be a wee bit biased. Wink

way to zags! now on to the sweet 16. YOWZAH!!!!

Don't you love those games? The fans don't want to leave, they want to interact with other fans they don't know. They just don't want it to end. That is a great experience!! Congratulations.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: