Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skyfan22

PostPosted: 04/16/23 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
DTP wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
You made choices Dallas. I'll give you that. Actually, you made the same choice 5 times in a row. Laughing

very fair-skinned choices at that, according to some on social media – including one Arike Ogunbowale Shocked the messiness within this organization doesn't appear to be going away anytime soon

I really don't understand why so much of women's basketball talk turns into a race thing.....just seems a little unnecessary to me.

If you look at their core rotation players, Arike is probably the only reliable consistent shooter. It makes complete sense to look hard to address the weakness of shooting around them. If they come out of this draft with 2 players that can reliably space the floor for them, this night is a win.

Racists and Race Hustlers come in All Colors. Some explore it openly and directly: Some support and explore it indirectly through others. Either way it's inappropriate and disgusting.

Wtf is a race hustler. And wtf is this about all colors. Sounds like a smug bunch of BS attempting to centralize the white narrative. There are plenty of forum to spew that shitty narrative. One that is organized to support women, people of color, lesbian, bi, trans and non-binary is not the place for it. FFS, can’t leave a single venue uncontrolled.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 04/17/23 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ignoring those who want to stir things up.

I think the tactic of using every choice to go after the highest shooting percentage player available at that pick shows that Dallas ID'd their #1 need. They're now hoping that at least one of those players makes the roster and can help improve the team shooting percentage, which is a laudable goal.

Any team that has Arike Ogunbowale as their highest scorer is going to need to surround her with players that hit at a higher percentage than Arike does.

~rAf
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 04/19/23 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
The 2024 pick they traded away was a second-rounder. I don't think you need to worry about Angel Reese or Olivia Miles being available at that choice, whichever team is making it.

Thanks richy I went to sleep after that trade never cared to get details . Either way I want 2025 first round back as well. Ship collier off if a suitor has finally warmed up to her *cough cough Reeve* as the past attempts say otherwise.

I'm not as worried about it as everyone else seems to be because think about how much of that talent will be hitting the waiver wire due to the sheer number of them coming out and other roster issues some teams will have moreso than they do now!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 04/19/23 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Hey Bibb watch the first 12 mins of this Video Angel Reese and Flaujae both named our team as a place they want to be drafted too. Get that damn 2024 pick back asap!! Angel also states she will be at the draft next year most likely around the 19:45 mark. She’s eligible even though LSU tried to call her a sophomore this year smh as Angel correct at the the 56:55 min mark “she’s about to be a senior” Same as Olivia miles but with her injury she may just exhaust her time at ND.

https://youtu.be/0nPeKqJCf_c

Roster Prediction:

1. Arike
2. T-Mac
3. Sabally
4. Burton
5. Howard
6. DeShields
7. Siegrist
8. K. Brown
9. K. Laksa
10. Lou Lopez Senechal
11. A. Meyers
12. Kuier/Joens

RavenDog

PostPosted: 04/19/23 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
DTP wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
You made choices Dallas. I'll give you that. Actually, you made the same choice 5 times in a row. Laughing

very fair-skinned choices at that, according to some on social media – including one Arike Ogunbowale Shocked the messiness within this organization doesn't appear to be going away anytime soon

I really don't understand why so much of women's basketball talk turns into a race thing.....just seems a little unnecessary to me.

If you look at their core rotation players, Arike is probably the only reliable consistent shooter. It makes complete sense to look hard to address the weakness of shooting around them. If they come out of this draft with 2 players that can reliably space the floor for them, this night is a win.

Racists and Race Hustlers come in All Colors. Some explore it openly and directly: Some support and explore it indirectly through others. Either way it's inappropriate and disgusting.

Wtf is a race hustler. And wtf is this about all colors. Sounds like a smug bunch of BS attempting to centralize the white narrative. There are plenty of forum to spew that shitty narrative. One that is organized to support women, people of color, lesbian, bi, trans and non-binary is not the place for it. FFS, can’t leave a single venue uncontrolled.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 04/20/23 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Where is the link to what you're referring to???

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/20/23 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:

you're too late, the tweet that said that AO via her IG story also openly noticed the perceived whitewashing of the Wings' roster has already been deleted

gotta be here on Draft Night next time

(well, for Wings fans... perhaps it was simply better to be absent)

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 04/21/23 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

you're too late, the tweet that said that AO via her IG story also openly noticed the perceived whitewashing of the Wings' roster has already been deleted

gotta be here on Draft Night next time

(well, for Wings fans... perhaps it was simply better to be absent)

If she wants out like the ones before her, I hope she does it sooner rather than later...won't lose any sleep!!!

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/21/23 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Isn't their existing roster all black? so if two or even three of these whities make the roster it's not like it will suddenly become a 'white' team. So what's the big deal? Making everything about race is really unfortunate.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/21/23 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Making everything about race is really unfortunate.

Welcome to America!

PostPosted: 04/28/23 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Training camp roster

No Soares or Robinson

PostPosted: 05/07/23 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When are we gonna hear about cuts? There are several I am really hopeful for, and one I’ll be totally pi$$ed about if it occurs!

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 05/07/23 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When are we gonna hear about cuts? There are several I am really hopeful for, and one I’ll be totally pi$$ed about if it occurs!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/08/23 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:

Would not surprise me if Lopez - Senechal & Meyers are the first to be cut , I think Collier's "potential" has finally ran its course and shes replaced by Big foot Lonnie , 2 Gojiras breaking hardwood in dallas this season is likely. JD sticks she's showing improvement after not seeing a tick or anything last season for us. #Dickey showing promise if the first preaseason game means anything with all these assumptions above from me lol sorry for the rant guys. Look out for cuts very soon.

PostPosted: 05/08/23 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One more thing ...

If the first pre-season game is any indication , im liking how the team is focused on getting the ball inside to McCowan first and working off her . Arike and T had great chemistry that first preseason game. Dangerfield and Howard played great as well . Sabally needs to be our 6th man . The defense will get better as Natasha is like a glove all over the court with T anchoring the rim and Burty hounding the perimeter . I like the makings of the team if we can all play as a unit. Deshields is the perfect wing along side arike as well. Im not sure who's faster with the ball in their hands. I REALLY liked the big line up that started the comeback of

Arike
Satou
Awak
Natasha
McCowan

That's alot of length and it made it difficult for chicago to get those easy midrange jumpers that they were hitting the first 3 quarters.

PostPosted: 05/08/23 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The GM who's consistently rated his own choices higher than anyone else around the league is going to cut the player he took #5 overall barely a month ago? Unless she has a debilitating injury, that doesn't seem likely to me. At a bare minimum, surely they could get a second-rounder for her from some team with roster spots to burn like Phoenix or Seattle.

PostPosted: 05/09/23 7:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

Would not surprise me if Lopez - Senechal & Meyers are the first to be cut , I think Collier's "potential" has finally ran its course and shes replaced by Big foot Lonnie , 2 Gojiras breaking hardwood in dallas this season is likely. JD sticks she's showing improvement after not seeing a tick or anything last season for us. #Dickey showing promise if the first preaseason game means anything with all these assumptions above from me lol sorry for the rant guys. Look out for cuts very soon.

WHOA, WHOA....WHOOOOOA! You are definitely trying to raise my blood pressure this morning 😆😆😆! Lou Lopez Senechal is NOT going anywhere, Bibb has made it crystal clear that he has followed her as long as he can remember and stated she was a "main" priority in this past draft and her recovery from her injury has no bearing on her roster spot because she is guaranteed to have one...just likes Soares!

Ok, now you can go back to your rant...as you called it.
Still love you thou WNBA09😂😂😂😂

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/09/23 7:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

Damn, was kinda hoping that Joens would be taking JD's spot but I guess....😒

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/09/23 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lopez sat on the bench the entire game which is the only reason I predict her on the chomping block . Unless she’s injured or missed time to possibly graduation the only rookies to make even somewhat an impact the first game were Siegrest with a nice and one fade away on copper and joens ran the floor pretty hard. We have literally 3 first round picks playing for 2 spots not including joens who I think looked the most pro ready outside of Maddy in game one . Meyers had a shot or two but just did not look like a W player to me.

PostPosted: 05/09/23 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
The GM who's consistently rated his own choices higher than anyone else around the league is going to cut the player he took #5 overall barely a month ago? Unless she has a debilitating injury, that doesn't seem likely to me. At a bare minimum, surely they could get a second-rounder for her from some team with roster spots to burn like Phoenix or Seattle.

Since when does pick # matter in this league lol ? You can be a #2/3/7 and lose your job in training camp 🥴

PostPosted: 05/10/23 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's everyone's opinion on Abby Meyers ? Do you think she has any change to make any WNBA team, if she gets cut from Dallas ? Thx.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/10/23 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Since when does pick # matter in this league lol ? You can be a #2/3/7 and lose your job in training camp 🥴

Top-five picks don't get cut in their rookie season. Pick # matters for plenty in this league. Charli Collier, just to pick a random example, wouldn't still be drawing a paycheck after two years of doing sweet FA if she'd been taken at #25. Or at #8, probably.

PostPosted: 05/10/23 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bump

PostPosted: 05/10/23 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lou is injured hence the DNP.

DTP

PostPosted: 05/10/23 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They basically have 2 spots available assuming Maddy & Lou are safe and I don't think there's anyway either are cut this season.

5th post comes down to either Collier or Brown unless they can swing a trade w/NY for Sabally or Kone.

Last roster spot comes down to Meyers, Dickey, or Joens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16

Jump to: