RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Note Dame (2) @ Chattanooga - 12/27/16
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 12/28/16 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like to ask Foster what kind of defensive sceme has a guard trying to defend Turner in the paint, but I already know the answer.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/28/16 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I'd like to ask Foster what kind of defensive sceme has a guard trying to defend Turner in the paint, but I already know the answer.

His problem was that Jasmine Joyner got two quick fouls and had to sit. And anyone else with size was too slow. So he explained "We ran a bunch of players and finally we put a guard on Brianna Turner and she did the best job because she got down low, pushed her out and competed with her before she got position. If you're competitive you start playing hard at the foul line and you make getting to the block difficult. You don't walk them to the throne, sit them down and then play them."

I was surprised that they were trying to just front Turner with shorter players. So then when they got the ball to her over the top, there was no one behind her between her and the basket. That just doesn't work. Fronting her to try to deny her the ball is fine, but you still have to have someone behind her to defend the shot if she gets the ball.

Whatever they were trying wasn't working.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: