RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Freshmen
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoopfan24

PostPosted: 01/29/08 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

from the freshman I've seen, some of the gems are:

Darxia Morris -pg fro UCLA, great speed, penetration, pull-up jumper and fearless attitude.

A. Robinsnon- pg OU, love her attitude on the court, very much in charge, couldn't tell she was a frosh. Great D and speed as well.

Like TN's Baugh and Bjorkland too, but they sometimes look too much like frosh, which is easy to do while sharing the court with CP and other TN seniors.

M. Moore, UConn. Maya moves like butta. What's not to like.

K. Pedersen, PF, Stanford. Has done way more than coaches, teammates or fans expected. Great bball IQ and extremely hard worker.

J. Pohlen, wing Stanford. Solid and steady D. Shut down Bjorkland and Cal's three pt shooters. Also has become a legit 3 pt threat. (both stanford frosh has contributed even more given the injuries to Harrison and Murphy)

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 01/30/08 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not really surprised that no1 mentioned my girl Brittany Spears, her team, CU, is having a bit of a losing streak, but I talked to her yesterday and that should change (HOPEFULLY)... In 19 games she is averaging 14 pts, 7.2 rebs and 2.3 stls. She also leads CU with blks, and fg percentage!

PostPosted: 01/30/08 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Not really surprised that no1 mentioned my girl Brittany Spears, her team, CU, is having a bit of a losing streak, but I talked to her yesterday and that should change (HOPEFULLY)... In 19 games she is averaging 14 pts, 7.2 rebs and 2.3 stls. She also leads CU with blks, and fg percentage!

I think the Colorado fans here have been a little too depressed about the teams' performance to desire to extol the talents of one individual player. Goodness knows though that our expectations wouldn't be quite so high if we didn't have Spears this season.

Spears does not lead the Buffs in fg% - that distinction belongs to McFarland, who leads the Big 12 in that department at .599. Additionally, Spears is tied for the team lead in blocks with McFarland and Putnina.

LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 01/30/08 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
Deveraux Peters from Notre Dame is a good one. I was impressed with her in the Tennessee game earlier this year on CBS. Great instincts with the ball. Her athleticism is noteworthy.

Out in the MWC, San Diego State's Paris Johnson is the team's leading scorer and rebounder and will be a force in the conference for the next four years.

Peters impressed me too. I was at the UT/Notre Dame game and she was really one of only 2 or 3 players for ND that looked decent. I was surprised to learn she was a freshman playing that well against Tennessee. She has a good body and a good skill set at this point in her career, hopefully she improves and has not already plateaued

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 01/30/08 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Excuse me I meant freethrow percentage..and I know she is tied for #1 in blocks on her team, but she's number 1 in that category to me as well!!! LOL..Hope they get a win 2night!!!

PostPosted: 02/03/08 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lavender seemed to adjust to the college game immediately. I saw her for the first time last Monday... liked her presence on the court. The game was not close, however, so that can make everything look easy.

I will be at the game today vs. the Gophers. OSU has lost 2 of the last 3, including to Minnesota, and needs a win to stay tied for first place. This may be a good opportunity to see how Jantel plays under pressure, and what type of leadership role she takes as a freshman.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: