RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

McDonalds All-america game
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ucbart

PostPosted: 03/29/07 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
MVP...Duke-bound Jasmine Thomas!

both Thomas girls looked good.

DTS, what did you think of Dixon? A lot of boners think she will get nothing but garbage minutes. I have a hard time believing a McDonald's AA from Christ the King would go to UCONN to sit the bench.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/29/07 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

DTS, what did you think of Dixon? A lot of boners think she will get nothing but garbage minutes. I have a hard time believing a McDonald's AA from Christ the King would go to UCONN to sit the bench.

NO WAY! I was really excited by her speed and quickness, plus she seemed to have some great court vision. I saw her in Springfield last season with CTK and Tina, and I liked what I saw yesterday even more.

I cling to my thought that you'll see a lot of Renee at the 2 and Lorin at the 1 next year.

ucbart

PostPosted: 03/29/07 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
ucbart wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

NO WAY! I was really excited by her speed and quickness, plus she seemed to have some great court vision. I saw her in Springfield last season with CTK and Tina, and I liked what I saw yesterday even more.

I cling to my thought that you'll see a lot of Renee at the 2 and Lorin at the 1 next year.

DTS sir, that is music to my ears. That doesn't leave us with any outside shooting, but I don't care. Tina is very used to playing with Lorin, and Lorin is very used to getting her the ball, which I love. For us to be a NC contender next year, Tina has to be our go to player everytime down the floor. She will be a year older, which help a lot. I'm still not sold on us next year.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/29/07 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
DTS sir, that is music to my ears. That doesn't leave us with any outside shooting, but I don't care. Tina is very used to playing with Lorin, and Lorin is very used to getting her the ball, which I love. For us to be a NC contender next year, Tina has to be our go to player everytime down the floor. She will be a year older, which help a lot. I'm still not sold on us next year.

Greene and Montgomery better be working on that outside shot this summer! Confused

ucbart

PostPosted: 03/29/07 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
ucbart wrote:

Greene and Montgomery better be working on that outside shot this summer! Confused

Ya think? I will have nightmares about that LSU game until the supershow. Our defense was more alarming to me than our offense in that game though. LSU can't score against anyone but us. That is the biggest red flag that came out of that game.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/29/07 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Ya think? I will have nightmares about that LSU game until the supershow. Our defense was more alarming to me than our offense in that game though. LSU can't score against anyone but us. That is the biggest red flag that came out of that game.

Last year those two, Ketia and Charde were counselors at my daughter's basketball camp in Simsbury. They're supposed to be all coming back this year. You want me to give 'em pep talk for you? Wink

ucbart

PostPosted: 03/29/07 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
ucbart wrote:

Last year those two, Ketia and Charde were counselors at my daughter's basketball camp in Simsbury. They're supposed to be all coming back this year. You want me to give 'em pep talk for you? Wink

PLEASE DO!!!!!

cferraro04

PostPosted: 03/29/07 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought Maya Moore looked good stroking the ball from the three at the All Star game...

bullsky

PostPosted: 03/29/07 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice article in the Trib about last nights experience for Devereaux Peters, Alison Jackson and Amy Jaeschke.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/cs-070328girlsmac,0,6160638.story?coll=cs-highschool-headlines

Quote:
If the game was not as fun, at least it was funny at the beginning: The public-address announcer identified Peters as a future Stanford player. That surprised many—particularly the Notre Dame-bound Peters.

"I guess they messed up," said Peters, who finished with one point and five rebounds. "But I was already out there. I was like, 'Wait, I'm not going to Stanford.'"

PostPosted: 03/30/07 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, having just watched this game here are my thoughts.

Uconn is going to be scary good next year. Maya Moore is all that and more. Lorin Dixon will not sit in Storrs. Swanier will be pushed further down the line because Dixon and Montgomery will run the Husky offense.

Uconn could field this line up next year
Dixon
Montgomery
Moore
Houston
Charles

At this stage in her career Jasmine Thomas is already a better offensive player than Harding and she looks like a future Kodak team member.

I don't think one player can replace Ivory Latta next year, but two players might; Italee Lucas and Cetera Degraffenreid.

Jantel Lavender appears to be headed towards the same path as Jessica Davenport.

I have no idea who will shoot more for the Terps, Tolliver or Strickland?

Kayla Pedersen, Ashley Cimino, and Jeanette Pohlen all pretty much looked like the same player.

Kelley Cain will be a nice complement in the post next year for Parker, but will her offensive game progress not unlike Anosike?

spikeybedhead

PostPosted: 03/31/07 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Uconn could field this line up next year
Dixon
Montgomery
Moore
Houston
Charles

UConn could easily go 8-9 deep, and have the guards/wings to really play an uptempo/pressing type of game. However, I wonder how the players will adjust to 3 different PGs---all with different offensive mentalities.

Quote:

I don't think one player can replace Ivory Latta next year, but two players might; Italee Lucas and Cetera Degraffenreid.

UNC is better off without Latta. The more Larkins, Breland, McCants, and Pringle get the ball in the paint, the better UNC plays. Their guards just have to push tempo and be able to hit the outside shot to make UNC a contender yet again. I still can't believe that UNC has gotten this far without a real 2 guard, and only 2 guards.

Quote:

Jantel Lavender appears to be headed towards the same path as Jessica Davenport.

...Chantelle Anderson...Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: