RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2015-16 NCAAW Fantasy league
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 11/07/15 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Tinkle Bells are ringing! The Tinkle Bells are ringing!

The Cybermen select Elle Tinkle, G, Gonzaga.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/07/15 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We'll take Adrienne Motley, G, Miami

I gotta run out to watch some bball. Will answer ? later.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 11/07/15 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
As a newbie I have a few more questions about the rules.

1) The rules say that playoffs do not count. Does that apply to conference championship tournaments or just the NCAA and other postseason tourneys?

The Fantasy League ends with the last regular season game. Play-offs are not included to make it more fair to those who have wonderful players on teams that don't perform so well. (Jillian Alleyne for instance.).

2) Transactions are limited to 3 per week. Does placing someone on IR or a trade count as a transaction? Also does a trade count as 1 transaction even if their are multiple players involved?

I believe that that placing someone on the IR requires you to sign a new player so, placing someone on the IR and singing someone in their place counts as a transaction. I haven't seen a trade happen in recent memory--so I don't know what the standards are--but I imagine that it counts as one transaction between teams or multiple teams.

3) At what point can you drop a player? If a player is playing on Tuesday at 7pm, can you drop the player while the game is going on (and still have the statistics count), once the game is over around 9pm, or do you have to wait until the next day? Also, as it relates to the player being added, can she be added to the current day's roster if you have less than a full complement of players for the day?

[b]I would say that you can drop a player after the completion of a game as she is still technically on your team through the duration of the game. There's no need to wait for the next day to make a roster transaction. For instance, Jamee Swan might have a terrible game 0-10 FG with 13 turnovers--and I would choose to drop her immediately following the game to pick up someone new--but I don't think I can drop her until after the game and obviously, the "paperwork" has to go through so you'll be unable to play a new player until a new dawn beckons./b]

If this hasn't been addressed previously, I suggest that the transaction could be made once a game starts, but you can not play both the dropped and added players on the same day.

4) Does the February 7 date apply to players going on IR?

Just my attempt at answering. Myrtle can clarify later.

zvyn3

PostPosted: 11/07/15 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well! With the final pick of the draft, I select (drumroll)...

Sadie Stipanovich, C, St. Louis!

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/07/15 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Sadie. We thought she might be our backup C if we didn't get someone above.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/07/15 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
As a newbie I have a few more questions about the rules.

1) The rules say that playoffs do not count. Does that apply to conference championship tournaments or just the NCAA and other postseason tourneys?

2) Transactions are limited to 3 per week. Does placing someone on IR or a trade count as a transaction? Also does a trade count as 1 transaction even if their are multiple players involved?

3) At what point can you drop a player? If a player is playing on Tuesday at 7pm, can you drop the player while the game is going on (and still have the statistics count), once the game is over around 9pm, or do you have to wait until the next day? Also, as it relates to the player being added, can she be added to the current day's roster if you have less than a full complement of players for the day?

If this hasn't been addressed previously, I suggest that the transaction could be made once a game starts, but you can not play both the dropped and added players on the same day.

4) Does the February 7 date apply to players going on IR?

ok, I'll give it a go. This is pretty much how we have interpreted in the past. We are a democratic body – so if you want to propose rule changes, we can vote on them.

1. No playoffs. No conference tournaments. No postseason tournaments. Just regular season.

2. The transaction week starts and stops Saturday night at midnight Eastern time. You may make three transactions between now and midnight on the 14th. [If you are interested in trading Minato let me know] A transaction usually involves two players, so if you place someone on the IR it implies you are also picking someone up to replace them. That would be one transaction. Whenever you add a player to your roster, you must dump one to do so, so I would say that each player addition/subtraction is one transaction regardless of how it occurs – trade, IR, or straight waiver/pickup.

3. If you are playing a player on that day, you cannot waive her or trade her until her game is completed. [we might make an exception if she clearly receives a season ending injury during the game – such as Janae Thompson last year]. Any player added to your roster after any of your players have started their games for that day cannot be added to that day’s lineup.

4. To go on the IR a player must miss one whole game. In order to prevent shenanigans in that regard, I would say that you can then replace her, but only with a player with the same number (or fewer) of games left.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/07/15 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok, so this is how I would request you list your daily rosters. You can do these as far in advance as you like. (I suggest setting up an Excel spreadsheet which will make it much easier in the long run). You have until the first player on your team starts her game on any particular day to make a change. So for instance if you have too many players playing on the 13th and decide at the last minute that you want to sit player x rather than player b, you can make that change up to the start of the first game (of any player on your team).

Friday Nov 13:
C: Ruth Hamblin, OrSU
F: Alisia Jenkins, South Florida
F: Megan Podkowa, DePaul
G: Chanise Jenkins, DePaul
G: Rachel Banham, Minnesota
G: Tiffany Mitchell, South Carolina
U: Alexis Jones, Baylor
U: Adrienne Motley, Miami

Saturday Nov 14:
C: Brionna Jones, Maryland
G: Kelsey Plum, Washington
G: Nicole Bauman, Wisconsin
G: Shatori Walker Kimbrough, Maryland

Sunday Nov 15:
F: Alisia Jenkins, South Florida
F: Megan Podkowa, DePaul
G: Chanise Jenkins, DePaul
G: Tiffany Mitchell, South Carolina
G: Maggie Lyon, Northwestern
U: Adrienne Motley, Miami

Monday Nov 16:
C: Ruth Hamblin, OrSU
U: Alexis Jones, Baylor

If I were to decide to change my lineup on the 14th after the games have already started on the 13th, I would make an entirely new post with the new lineups. That's to prevent any tomfoolery with the edit button.

You will find that copy and paste are your friends. I’m a softie, so if you don’t abuse it, I will usually allow you to add a forgotten player to a lineup...especially for you newbies as you get used to the rules. In general it makes it clearer and cleaner if you will list the players that you are ‘sitting’ on any particular day.

Hope this is all clear.

GEF34

PostPosted: 11/07/15 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know I'm posting this a little bit late, I was going to post this a bit earlier, but I didn't have time, I just wanted to throw out some names for those looking for some players perhaps due to injuries or lack of performance that I think will have some good performances this season. I did a quick glance, so there may be some players that have already been drafted, good luck to everyone this season, I've had a lot of fun playing the last few years, but due to work I won't be able to play this season. Perhaps later on this season I may be able to post another list of some players have going seasons that people who are looking for a replacement may be interested in, time permitting of course.

Jordin Canada, UCLA (puts up points and assists, will get some steals too)
Nirra Fields, UCLA (puts up points and steals, also a great rebounder for a guard)
Monique Billings, UCLA (should put up some good rebounding and blocks numbers, and add some points and steals)
Kristen Simon, USC (good rebounder and can score)
Jordan Adams, USC (should be leader of the team, gets good assist numbers, can rebound and score)
Courtney Jaco, USC (good 3 point shooter, will help your 3 point %)
Erica Ogwumike, Pepperdine (had a triple double in exhibition game, she is a freshman, but should have a good season for the Waves)
Olivia Ogwumike, Pepperdine (put up some good stats for me last season)
Ashley Perez, James Madison (with Precious Hall out, I think she will be a big time scorer for them)
Jazmon Gwathmey, James Madison (does a little bit of everything, score, rebound, get steals, will get some assists)
Sarah Imovbioh, South Carolina (big time rebounder and can score)
Brittany Crain, UC Riverside (puts up big points and will get you rebounds, also had a decent 3 point %)
Annelise Ito, UC Riverside (big rebounding numbers for a guard, and can get you double figure points with a good FG%)
Samantha Logan, Cal State Fullerton (I think will have a bigger role this season, she can put up points and usually good rebounder)
Dani Craig, Cal State Fullerton (I think she can be a 3 point force for the Titans)
Danielle Rodriguez, Utah (all around player, will get you points, rebounds, assists, leader for Utah, should have a good season)
Emily Potter, Utah (missed last season due to injury, I expect her to have a good season scoring and rebounding for Utah this season the roster lists her as an F, but the box score lists her as a C, if you can get myrtle to let you use her as a center, she could be a good fill in for the center position)
Talia Walton, Washington (rebounder, shot 40% from 3 last season, score double figure points)
Chantel Osahor, Washington (rebounder, decent 3 point shooter, listed as a center, should have a bigger role this season)
Nicole Seekamp, South Dakota (good FG%, puts up good scoring and assists numbers)

zvyn3

PostPosted: 11/07/15 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll post my November 13 lineup.

C: Rebekah VanDjik, UT-Arlington
F: Nina Davis, Baylor
F: Alexa Hart, Ohio State
G: Niya Johnson, Baylor
G: Ameryst Alston, Ohio State
G: Zahna Medley, TCU
U: Tabatha Richardson-Smith, Seton Hall
U: A'ja Wilson, South Carolina

zvyn3

PostPosted: 11/07/15 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Might as well do November 14 while I'm at it.

C: Sadie Stipanovich, St. Louis

Matt5762

PostPosted: 11/07/15 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

ok, I'll give it a go. This is pretty much how we have interpreted in the past. We are a democratic body – so if you want to propose rule changes, we can vote on them.

1. No playoffs. No conference tournaments. No postseason tournaments. Just regular season.

2. The transaction week starts and stops Saturday night at midnight Eastern time. You may make three transactions between now and midnight on the 14th. [If you are interested in trading Minato let me know] A transaction usually involves two players, so if you place someone on the IR it implies you are also picking someone up to replace them. That would be one transaction. Whenever you add a player to your roster, you must dump one to do so, so I would say that each player addition/subtraction is one transaction regardless of how it occurs – trade, IR, or straight waiver/pickup.

3. If you are playing a player on that day, you cannot waive her or trade her until her game is completed. [we might make an exception if she clearly receives a season ending injury during the game – such as Janae Thompson last year]. Any player added to your roster after any of your players have started their games for that day cannot be added to that day’s lineup.

4. To go on the IR a player must miss one whole game. In order to prevent shenanigans in that regard, I would say that you can then replace her, but only with a player with the same number (or fewer) of games left.

Just to clarify what I've bolded above, is the deadline Saturday or Sunday (the 1st post in this thread said Sunday)?

I think I can go ahead and post my opening night lineup. Hopefully that'll stop me from 2nd guessing and using all my transactions between now and then Laughing

11/13
C: Schaquilla Nunn, Winthrop
G: Courtney Williams, USF
G: Kim Demmings, Wright St
G: Nicole Seekamp, South Dakota
F: Ruvanna Campbell, UIC
F: Kalani Purcell, BYU
U: Azura Stevens, Duke
U: Britney Wright, Alabama St

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/07/15 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe 12 am Sunday is Saturday midnight - so I just added that to the first page to clarify.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 11/08/15 1:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let the transactions begin.

Drop: Makeba Ponder
Add: Jessica Shepard F Nebraska

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/08/15 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:

Yay! First Freshman. I think this is the first draft without one. And yes, we looked long and hard at her. She could definitely become a major factor. We just weren't sure we could deal with her FT issue.

- Amanda Gorman
FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 11/08/15 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She was on my radar as well, I wanted to see how she did in a real game first though.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 11/08/15 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

Yay! First Freshman. I think this is the first draft without one. And yes, we looked long and hard at her. She could definitely become a major factor. We just weren't sure we could deal with her FT issue.

Okay. I admit I'm out of my league. I didn't check on her free throw statistics. I know that she shot 71% from the field and 41% from behind the arc. But then again she's a freshman and I didn't have Fremont High's full statistics available. I also know she collects socks and likes wakeboarding so I thought I'd fill those two holes. Besides, she did shoot 7-11 from the line in her first game.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 11/08/15 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

Okay. I admit I'm out of my league. I didn't check on her free throw statistics. I know that she shot 71% from the field and 41% from behind the arc. But then again she's a freshman and I didn't have Fremont High's full statistics available. I also know she collects socks and likes wakeboarding so I thought I'd fill those two holes. Besides, she did shoot 7-11 from the line in her first game.

Well, if she does well, maybe you should send her a pair of wacky socks for Christmas as a thank you. Then again, that might be going a bit far and come off as creepy.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 11/08/15 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

Well, if she does well, maybe you should send her a pair of wacky socks for Christmas as a thank you. Then again, that might be going a bit far and come off as creepy.

I'm more concerned that she would be suspended for receiving illegal benefits.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 11/08/15 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

I'm more concerned that she would be suspended for receiving illegal benefits.

As long as you're not a fan of Nebraska, or a Nebraska booster, I don't see the issue. (I'm not up to par on NCAA Rules regarding gifts.) If Cal were to recruit her for a transfer in the future, I could see how that might be a potential violation that would need to be reported. There might be more of a concern since you're encouraging her to do well for a Fantasy League which could be construed as a gambling entity--but money isn't involved.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 11/08/15 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know it's just an exhibition, but in the first half today Shepard scored 26 points with 9 rebounds. And 6-6 from the free throw line.

My only problem is that she is the fourth player I have that plays Cal this season.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 11/08/15 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
I know it's just an exhibition, but in the first half today Shepard scored 26 points with 9 rebounds. And 6-6 from the free throw line.

My only problem is that she is the fourth player I have that plays Cal this season.

Fine, you win the VMAC award. I'll be a looking for mine now.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/08/15 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:

Yeah, I think you may have won the lottery. My partner, who prevented me from taking her, is now wiping egg off his face. lol. Good job!

- Amanda Gorman
Matt5762

PostPosted: 11/10/15 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Schaquilla Nunn Suffers Broken Foot And Plans To Redshirt This Season"
http://winthropeagles.com/news/2015/11/10/WBB_1110155315.aspx

Can I just redshirt my entire team Crying or Very sad

Matt5762

PostPosted: 11/10/15 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Waive: Schaquilla Nunn, F/C, Winthrop
Sign: Ashley Rininger, F/C, Liberty

*Revised* 11/13
C: Ashley Rininger, Liberty
G: Courtney Williams, USF
G: Kim Demmings, Wright St
G: Nicole Seekamp, South Dakota
F: Ruvanna Campbell, UIC
F: Kalani Purcell, BYU
U: Azura Stevens, Duke
U: Britney Wright, Alabama St

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/10/15 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Matt5762 wrote:
"Schaquilla Nunn Suffers Broken Foot And Plans To Redshirt This Season"
http://winthropeagles.com/news/2015/11/10/WBB_1110155315.aspx

Can I just redshirt my entire team Crying or Very sad

that's a unique concept....redshirting your fantasy team. Laughing But Rininger is a reasonable replacement. Her preseason looks tough but she should be really good in league.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 10 of 30

Jump to: