RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Final Four game 1: Stanford vs. UConn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maroondevil

PostPosted: 04/06/08 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kage wrote:
Pederson is -ridiculous-. She's a post who can shoot the three and shoot it well. Plus, she can attack the rim and she can play well in the post.

And she is just starting, she is a player i enjoy watching.

congrats Stanford

Kailapea

PostPosted: 04/06/08 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great game by Stanford. I was very hopeful for them. They seem to be playing on a mission right now, led by Wiggins. No matter whoever they play on Tuesday it should be a entertaining game.

PostPosted: 04/06/08 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Congrats to Standford even though they screwed my bracket. Laughing
Anyway, they're a team on a mission, they believe they can win it all and I can see why. Even though Wiggins is the obvious star and leader, they have other players who can step up and take the pressure off of her. A really fun team to watch, I am pulling for them to go all the way.
Now on to Maya Moore. I already started my Tank 2010 campaign. What a special player, she showed today that she's got the drive to will her team back into the game, too bad the people around her don't know how to DEFER to the better option.
Now go LSU!

X____________________________

They definitely screwed my bracket Laughing

- Diana Taurasi

Last edited by thatGAgirl on 04/06/08 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
njjosh

PostPosted: 04/06/08 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:

I wonder if Geno isn't going to regret not trying the press earlier. It certainly gave them trouble, but it was too late.

Given how depleted UConn is at the guard position, I'm not sure they could have put it on much earlier and still had enough at the end to finish the game.

And while UConn did get a few turnovers, Stanford passed the ball very well and took advantage of the openings inside that the small lineup/press gave them. UConn just could find no answers defensively -- Stanford beat them when they played man, zone, big lineup, small lineup, press, sit back, you name it.

kage

PostPosted: 04/06/08 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

maroondevil wrote:
kage wrote:
Pederson is -ridiculous-. She's a post who can shoot the three and shoot it well. Plus, she can attack the rim and she can play well in the post.

And she is just starting, she is a player i enjoy watching.

congrats Stanford

I enjoy watching her too... when she's not killing my team. Twisted Evil
jap

PostPosted: 04/06/08 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess Maya isn't keeping her date with Candace on Tuesday. Candice decided to crash the party! CP3 better make sure Big Syl doesn't cause her to break any dates! Laughing

PostPosted: 04/06/08 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ESPN news is carrying the post game chats

PostPosted: 04/06/08 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maya D wrote:
ESPN news is carrying the post game chats

Thanks!

- Diana Taurasi
mikeyc22

PostPosted: 04/06/08 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ah we tried, but Stanford was great. If they play like that Tuesday, neither team really stands a chance. UConn lost on some of the momentum calls, but they did leave Stanford for some wide open threes that were costly. If we were the team in November, I don't think anyone would have touched UConn this year. Having said that, I think next year we can be scary good too. At least we made the FF and like I said, I wouldn't mind losing to Stanford.

Congrats and Good Luck Stanford, I want you to win it all.

JACKOWACKO

PostPosted: 04/06/08 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What the hell, none of the reporters asked the Stanford players in the press conference how this feels after the major disappointment in the tournament last season. hmm...they did ask some dopey questions like "So Candice, can you explain the magic behind your team this season?" Confused

PostPosted: 04/06/08 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations, Stanford. It was a pleasure to watch you execute exquisitely.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 04/06/08 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:

YEEEESSSSSS!!!!! Way to go Cards !!!! Sorry my brackets looking good Wink

BCBG25 wrote:
Anyway, they're a team on a mission, they believe they can win it all and I can see why. Even though Wiggins is the obvious star and leader, they have other players who can step up and take the pressure off of her. A really fun team to watch, I am pulling for them to go all the way.

So true has been fun watching them all.

PostPosted: 04/06/08 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TEAM OF DESTINY AND I GET TO SEE THEM PLAY ON TV

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
kage

PostPosted: 04/06/08 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great picture: http://assets.espn.go.com/media/apphoto/dc7fd854-3382-4a38-818c-1db7d58241ff.jpg
gopher5

PostPosted: 04/06/08 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

YEEEESSSSSS!!!!! Way to go Cards !!!! Sorry my brackets looking good Wink

BCBG25 wrote:

So true has been fun watching them all.

Well, I had a short time at the top of the bracket standings. While I am also a fan of UConn's, seeing Stanford win was worth being wrong in my bracket.

SueBirdFan

PostPosted: 04/06/08 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well this is awful! I guess congrats to Stanford! Although I'm not very pleased! Shocked

Go Storm!

"Go smack yourself in the face and see what happens."
mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/07/08 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First and foremost...I have to say how much I love those four seniors. Seriously, one of my favorite classes ever. And, they can feel good about themselves...Houston and Swanier came to play, and played well. (When, Swanier wasn't being runover and called for blocking fouls.. Confused Wink )
Congrats to those four for making the final four, they didn't go in those record books...I wish they had gotten a ring, but it seemed like the basketball gods were against us this year...2 ACLS Brit's knee..Tina and Renee getting hurt in the tournament..and then having to play the "team of destiny" in the FF.

The game...
As I said, happy with Swanier and Houston. Umm...Maya wasn't that great, but at the end of the game, it was her making shots to get Uconn back in it..and we might have..had someone else not been chucking..But still..those two went out playing well.

Speaking of Renee Confused ...she's not a good shooting guard, let's put that one to rest. And please god, put a limit on her shot attempts next season Geno. There has never been a Uconn player that made me scream so much at the television..(Annie used to just making me close my eyes and shake my head) There are times when I love that girl..and other times...

As for Stanford, the only good thing about playing them was that I was assured to have a team I like in the finals. I thought Stanford was going to beat Uconn..and as much as I'm sad for my girls..it's hard to be too sad when you see how happy Wiggins is. I hope she gets a ring.

BTW, Tennessee has to be the luckiest team on the planet.

PostPosted: 04/07/08 1:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow! I really can't believe the ride goes on. Congratulations to Stanford. I love them to death and I hope they can carry this all the way.

Believe me I was scared when they were playing Uconn and expected them to close the gap as they did right when they were behind by one point but I after years of disappointments, Candice and crew just did not waiver and made their own runs to keep this game going. Good luck to you on Tuesday, I think this team has what it takes to take down Tennessee and return Stanford back to prominence.

SuziQ

PostPosted: 04/07/08 3:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm no bball expert, but having watched Stanford for the past 2 years especially, and then getting Pederson on top of it, I'm not surprised. They are tough, and have been tough in the Pac10 for a while, but this group is something else.

I feel for the Huskies, but they got beat fair and square. Great game. And Maya Moore, you are smokin' great, girl! Too bad you couldn't get your game goin' earlier - I believe if you had this might have had a different outcome. You are that kind of player.

Congratulations to the Cardinal. Now dismantle Tennesse. Please!

Drawback to Stanford vs. Tennessee game - "Candace vs. Candice" ad nauseum........ Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 04/07/08 6:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I tip my hat to to Stanford!!!!

Tara had a great game plan and the team executed it great.

Yes, we we had injuries, but got this far, so no excuses from me.

Stanford reminded me of UConn in 95. They played with heart, determination and dedication.

It reflected in the win. They deserved to beat us. Maybe we didn't play perfect, but instead of blaming that on us, I say Stanford got us to play their game.

Wiggins was great, so composed.

Best wishes tomorrow night!!

www.barnstormingamerica.net
sbjules

PostPosted: 04/07/08 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to Stanford!!!

What a delight it was to watch them yesterday; they were not to be denied.

Go Candice, go Tara, beat Tennessee!! I can't wait.

I'm jumping on the bandwagon very late, but I'm there Very Happy

bballfan

PostPosted: 04/07/08 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am sad that the Huskies got beat, but they were straight up out played. On to the next game. I am happy for Candice Wiggins and her teammates... GO STANFORD!!!! Very Happy

http://www.myspace.com/cappie23officialfansite
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: