RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Why Is Donald Trump Leading The Polls?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/12/16 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
according to Rachel Maddow, the Trump campaign set the whole incendiary situation up then claimed law enforcement told them to cancel meanwhile law enforcement denies this allegation.

She needs to get specific about what she means by "set the whole incendiary situation up".

She was making a big deal about the fact that Trump says the police said they suggested he shut it down and they say the police say they didn't, and suggested that would be a big thing in the future. Don't see what she is getting at. A reporter Maddow was talking to said she felt the rally was 60/40. 60% of the people there were protesters and only 40% were there to listen to Trump. No one is gonna be outraged if Trump is lying about the police recommendation. They know you can't hold a rally if the majority of people are there to boo you. As far as Trump lies go, that one is inconsequential, if true.

She should have been more concerned about where the protesters were coming from. I think it was on CNN that a reporter tried to talk to two protesters that were harassing him. One had placed an anti-Trump sign in front of the camera and the other had been shouting obscenities. Both of these "protesters", when given a microphone on national tv and asked as to why they were protesting said something like - "I prefer not to say".

I believe my portrayal of what she said is accurate, however, I was on the verge of falling asleep and may have misunderstood or, rather, misremembered. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 03/12/16 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

She was making a big deal about the fact that Trump says the police said they suggested he shut it down and they say the police say they didn't, and suggested that would be a big thing in the future. Don't see what she is getting at. A reporter Maddow was talking to said she felt the rally was 60/40. 60% of the people there were protesters and only 40% were there to listen to Trump. [b]No one is gonna be outraged if Trump is lying about the police recommendation. They know you can't hold a rally if the majority of people are there to boo you. As far as Trump lies go, that one is inconsequential, if true.

I disagree. There is a big difference between "I cancelled a rally because of concerns about violence" and "I cancelled a rally because too many people there don't like me." That difference is especially important given the bizarre narrative that has built up around this in the past 12 hours.

Last edited by PUmatty on 03/12/16 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 03/12/16 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
tfan wrote:

She was making a big deal about the fact that Trump says the police said they suggested he shut it down and they say the police say they didn't, and suggested that would be a big thing in the future. Don't see what she is getting at. A reporter Maddow was talking to said she felt the rally was 60/40. 60% of the people there were protesters and only 40% were there to listen to Trump. [b]No one is gonna be outraged if Trump is lying about the police recommendation. They know you can't hold a rally if the majority of people are there to boo you. As far as Trump lies go, that one is inconsequential, if true.

I disagree. There is a big difference between "I cancelled a rally because of concerns about violence" and "I cancelled a rally because too many people their don't like." That difference is especially important given the bizarre narrative that has built up around this in the past 12 hours.

"I canceled a rally because too many people their don't like" is a mischacterization. They were protesters, not 'people their don't like', whatever you exactly mean by that. He wasn't concerned about an unreceptive or skeptical audience not giving enough applause or people shaking their heads in disagreement and frowning, or disgruntled murmurs and scattered boos. He was looking at hundreds/thousands of people shouting to disrupt his speech. His rally gets disrupted by 10 shouting protesters until they are removed. If there are hundreds/thousands of shouting protesters there can be no rally. You are faced with either an hour of him not being heard due to the shouting, or with very many delays and interruptions as an overwhelmed security staff tries to remove people, or a riot.

The police say that they told the Trump campaign they had adequate resources OUTSIDE the event and could provide safe entrance and exit to Trump. Which seems like a very naive statement for a free event that had attracted thousands of protestors. They weren't all gonna hang outside.

Last edited by tfan on 03/12/16 2:33 pm; edited 5 times in total
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/12/16 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

I disagree. There is a big difference between "I cancelled a rally because of concerns about violence" and "I cancelled a rally because too many people their don't like." That difference is especially important given the bizarre narrative that has built up around this in the past 12 hours.

Would both you and tfan please correct your posts? You both attribute tfan's words to me.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 03/12/16 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump discussed his reasons for hours on TV last night and at his rally in Dayton today. He cancelled the rally after conferring with some combination of Chicago officials, his Secret Service detail and his private security. He was concerned that there were so many protestors within the stadium as it was still filling with his supporters that there was a very real risk of large crowd violence and no chance to hold a rally. He made a practical decision.

It his Dayton rally today in an airplane hangar, which had the normal small handful of protestors, he was physically touched by something or someone from behind near the end of the rally and his Secret Service detail jumped on the stage to surround him. He quietly stood while the police took care of the offender(s), which couldn't be seen on camera. He then joked about what an easy life he had before politics. I'm sure there are already plenty of videos of this incident.
pilight

PostPosted: 03/12/16 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Trump discussed his reasons for hours on TV last night and at his rally in Dayton today. He cancelled the rally after conferring with some combination of Chicago officials, his Secret Service detail and his private security. He was concerned that there were so many protestors within the stadium as it was still filling with his supporters that there was a very real risk of large crowd violence and no chance to hold a rally. He made a practical decision.

It his Dayton rally today in an airplane hangar, which had the normal small handful of protestors, he was physically touched by something or someone from behind near the end of the rally and his Secret Service detail jumped on the stage to surround him. He quietly stood while the police took care of the offender(s), which couldn't be seen on camera. He then joked about what an easy life he had before politics. I'm sure there are already plenty of videos of this incident.

It's not clear whether Trump was actually touched. Someone did jump a barrier and move towards him.

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/12/16 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

It's not clear whether Trump was actually touched. Someone did jump a barrier and move towards him.

Here's the video:

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hNelSuoHzlI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/12/16 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Would both you and tfan please correct your posts? You both attribute tfan's words to me.

Thanks.

Fixed it. Sorry about that.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/12/16 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm hoping it wasn't another Chump prop.

PostPosted: 03/12/16 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's a better angle. Doesn't appear that the protestor actually reached Trump

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/06d4t1704N8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/12/16 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/06d4t1704N8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wonder what the guy was going to do if he reached Trump.

Meanwhile, it's becoming clear that the Chicago protest was organized over several days by Bernie Sanders supporters and other left wing groups using a Facebook page among other things. Liberal MSNBC has developed a pretty detailed report:

How Bernie Sanders supporters shut down a Donald Trump rally in Chicago

Other reports are saying Moveon.org was also involved.

Trump picked up on the Sanders connection at his two rallies today and began trolling with it. He is now calling individual protestors "Sanders supporters with maybe a few Hillary's thrown in" and calling on Sanders to "get control of your disruptive followers". This is in reaction to the over-the-top media coverage that blames Trump and his supporters, instead of the protestors, for the disruption, violence and suppression of free speech in Chicago.

Just another day in this amazing election cycle.
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/12/16 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
pilight wrote:

Meanwhile, it's becoming clear that the Chicago protest was organized over several days by Bernie Sanders supporters and other left wing groups using a Facebook page among other things. Liberal MSNBC has developed a pretty detailed report:

How Bernie Sanders supporters shut down a Donald Trump rally in Chicago

Other reports are saying Moveon.org was also involved.

Trump picked up on the Sanders connection at his two rallies today and began trolling with it. He is now calling individual protestors "Sanders supporters with maybe a few Hillary's thrown in" and calling on Sanders to "get control of your disruptive followers". This is in reaction to the over-the-top media coverage that blames Trump and his supporters, instead of the protestors, for the disruption, violence and suppression of free speech in Chicago.

Just another day in this amazing election cycle.

Imo, that statement is over-the-top.

Trump chumps clearly have been the violent perps up to this point.

PostPosted: 03/12/16 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Perhaps he just wanted to touch the hem of his garment

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/12/16 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: 03/12/16 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:

John Legend ‏@johnlegend 18h18 hours ago Yes, Trump trolls. I'm the real racist. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/15/doj-trump-s-early-businesses-blocked-blacks.html

PostPosted: 03/12/16 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of the hundreds of thousands of Trump rally attendees prior to Chicago, I'm aware of only one who has done anything violent, the 78 year old guy who sucker punched a protestor the other day.

HERE is a thorough look into the guy who charged Trump at Dayton, Thomas Dimassimo, another Sanders supporter with BLM sympathies and hatred of the American flag.

"Dimassimo, a student at Wright State University in Dayton, has been an avid supporter of the Black Lives Matter movement and Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders on social media.

"He has also taken part in rallies and protests in the past, including a rally at Wright State in April 2015, when he was recorded dragging an American flag. You can watch video from that protest above.

"Video from the Wright State protest appears to have been used in a hoax ISIS video, which was uploaded to YouTube last year. The original video has since been deleted, but has been reuploaded."
Genero36

PostPosted: 03/12/16 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

...and the response to John Legend's tweets pour in. Just scroll down and select "see comments."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity/john-legend-calls-donald-trump-racist-in-twitter-feud-with-presidential-candidates-son/ar-AAgGshx?li=BBnb2gh

PostPosted: 03/12/16 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump wrapping up his speech in KC right now on MSNBC. There's another army of protesters outside the arena. This has a potential to be as ugly as last night. Even more interesting because all these people are going to be coming out of the arena... PLUS... they have to get Trump out of there... with a crowd waiting that has already been pepper sprayed. Shocked

PostPosted: 03/12/16 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
...and the response to John Legend's tweets pour in. Just scroll down and select "see comments."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity/john-legend-calls-donald-trump-racist-in-twitter-feud-with-presidential-candidates-son/ar-AAgGshx?li=BBnb2gh

The first commenter uses the term "miseducation." Oh, the irony.

The history of that word is tied closely to the effects of racism and bigotry...

PostPosted: 03/12/16 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03/13/16 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Perhaps he just wanted to touch the hem of his garment

Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing

How utterly laughable, if it weren't so embarrassing. Don the Douchebag EXHORTS his supporters to violence....he'll cover the legal costs. Rolling Eyes He's living proof that having Big Bucks doesn't necessarily endow one with any degree of class.

PostPosted: 03/13/16 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Of the hundreds of thousands of Trump rally attendees prior to Chicago, I'm aware of only one who has done anything violent, the 78 year old guy who sucker punched a protestor the other day.

HERE is a thorough look into the guy who charged Trump at Dayton, Thomas Dimassimo, another Sanders supporter with BLM sympathies and hatred of the American flag.

"Dimassimo, a student at Wright State University in Dayton, has been an avid supporter of the Black Lives Matter movement and Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders on social media.

"He has also taken part in rallies and protests in the past, including a rally at Wright State in April 2015, when he was recorded dragging an American flag. You can watch video from that protest above.

"Video from the Wright State protest appears to have been used in a hoax ISIS video, which was uploaded to YouTube last year. The original video has since been deleted, but has been reuploaded."

This is not meant to individually disrespect member of military service for the sacrifices they made for this country, Dimassimo told WKRC-TV at the event, which ended with the protesters giving the flags to veterans to be properly disposed of. We are not anti-vet, we are not anti-troops. We are against systematic oppression and structural inequality.

This country needs 100 million more Dimassimos.

PostPosted: 03/13/16 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

This is not meant to individually disrespect member of military service for the sacrifices they made for this country, Dimassimo told WKRC-TV at the event, which ended with the protesters giving the flags to veterans to be properly disposed of. We are not anti-vet, we are not anti-troops. We are against systematic oppression and structural inequality.

We need 100 million people who subscribe to left wing socialist rhetoric, regularly participate in protests that taunt and provoke an atmosphere of confrontation if not violence, and intentionally break the law by attempting maniacal physical assaults on presidential candidates?

Interesting social and political point of view.
p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 03/13/16 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@_FloridaMan: Florida Man Kicked Out of Trump Rally for Wearing Penis on Head

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/13/16 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="GlennMacGrady"]
cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

We need 100 million people who subscribe to left wing socialist rhetoric,
[believe that laws unfairly favor the elite and the political process is rotten to its core]

regularly participate in protests that taunt and provoke an atmosphere of confrontation if not violence,

[regularly exercises his constitutional right to protest and speak truth to power]

and intentionally break the law by attempting maniacal physical assaults on presidential candidates?
[objection: speculation]

Interesting social and political point of view.
[Stay home and watch TV][quote]

You know, you make a good point....we need 150 million

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 43 of 46

Jump to: