RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

’05 – ’06 Women’s College Basketball Mid-Season Report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WtnTrans

PostPosted: 12/27/05 1:47 pm    ::: ’05 – ’06 Women’s College Basketball Mid-Season Report Reply Reply with quote

’05 – ’06 Women’s College Basketball Mid-Season Report/Conference Pre-Season Predictions

By Frank Jakka, National Staff Writer (Commentary): December 27, 2005

The holiday break signifies we are very close to the beginning of college basketball’s second season, conference play. Several teams have been surprises in the early season, while others have struggled......

http://www.sportspagemagazine.com/published/college-sports/05-06-womens-college-bask.shtml

WtnTrans

PostPosted: 12/27/05 2:36 pm    ::: Link is repaired Reply Reply with quote

article has a ton of info, which is based on our writer predictions

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/27/05 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the predictions! Smile I agree with the ACC predictions regarding Coleman and believe that the NCAA Tournament will sport >6 ACC teams.

Mathies to LA 2013

Last edited by bballfan2005 on 12/27/05 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
bullsky

PostPosted: 12/27/05 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. The Illini 4th? I'll take it! I hope you're right! Laughing

PostPosted: 12/27/05 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maryland over UNC in the ACC? Not without Tolliver and a "Latta" luck.

cometsfan05

PostPosted: 12/27/05 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree Maryland is a good team but they are not better than UNC these are basically his personal opinions so they really mean nothing

bullsky

PostPosted: 12/27/05 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
Wow. The Illini 4th? I'll take it! I hope you're right! Laughing

Oh, and I find it interesting that you picked Crutcher to have a break out season. Shes been solid in the last few games but Wigley and Hughes are names you must remember. Both players are averaging the most points in their career. But you're very correct on saying how balance is the key word when talking about the Illini.

PostPosted: 12/27/05 5:56 pm    ::: You are right Reply Reply with quote

cometsfan05 wrote:
I agree Maryland is a good team but they are not better than UNC these are basically his personal opinions so they really mean nothing

Cometsfan, you are absolutely right it means nothing. The article is commentary and it is the opinion of the writer. Me personally, I would have UNC rated ahead of MD.

PostPosted: 12/27/05 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Should we inform Mr. Jakka that Morenike Atunrase plays for the Texas A&M Aggies and not the Texas Longhorns?

SportsPageMike

PostPosted: 12/27/05 6:50 pm    ::: Thank You Reply Reply with quote

Taciturnus wrote:
Should we inform Mr. Jakka that Morenike Atunrase plays for the Texas A&M Aggies and not the Texas Longhorns?

Thank you for pointing that out and the correction was made. I apologize if the mistake offended anyone.

PostPosted: 12/27/05 9:38 pm    ::: Re: You are right Reply Reply with quote

SportsPageMike wrote:
cometsfan05 wrote:

Cometsfan, you are absolutely right it means nothing. The article is commentary and it is the opinion of the writer. Me personally, I would have UNC rated ahead of MD.

exactly and UNC will be hard to beat come torurnament time I dont been they are unbeatable no team is I think every team will have lost some games at the end of the year but right now UNC is one of the elite teams.

Last edited by cometsfan05 on 12/27/05 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/27/05 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UNC should be rated second, but they are by no means unbeatable. Baylor proved that last season, and Miami and Virginia exposed UNC horribly for 90% of those games last season (ACC Tourney). They'll lose to a "lower-tier" ACC team this season. With Tolliver's injury (not to mention France's season-long battle w/injury and Harper not being in top form), Maryland doesn't seem like a second-rated team in the ACC, but with Coleman they might be able to compete with the likes of UNC and Duke (keyword "compete").

Perhaps the positions of FSU and VT should be switched. I know that VT plays patsies in the nonconference season, but they've beaten theirs (FSU hasn't). I'm not a fan of the four-guard lineup, and it probably won't translate into too many ACC wins (especially if it's already produced 3 nonconference losses).

As said earlier, the predictions involving Coleman are accurate. Smile

Mathies to LA 2013
njjosh

PostPosted: 12/27/05 11:17 pm    ::: Re: You are right Reply Reply with quote

cometsfan05 wrote:

exactly and UNC will be hard to beat come torurnament time I dont been they are unbeatable no team is I think every team will have lost some games at the end of the year but right now UNC is one of the elite teams.

UNC will have to prove that they can play a disciplined, halfcourt game before I can see them making the Final Four or even another Elite 8 appearance. That hasn't been UNC's strongsuit under Hatchell.

cometsfan05

PostPosted: 12/27/05 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

true enough every team has something they need to work on come tournament time it's a few months before the tournament so plenty of time to work on the kinks.

marge

PostPosted: 12/31/05 6:50 pm    ::: Latta Reply Reply with quote

I love the way she plays and I think that she will lead UNC very far this season. We'll have to wait and see if the Tar Heels can take Duke away from the top or even Maryland down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: