RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mossman: The Oklahoma Experience

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bridgehere

PostPosted: 04/01/10 5:40 pm    ::: Mossman: The Oklahoma Experience Reply Reply with quote

parts of an article at the link below

http://www.soonersports.com/genrel/040110aaa.html

"Coale has tried to allude to during those brief television interviews, but it's a difficult thing to capture in a sound bite. And, honestly, you won't find "it" on the court even though it manifests itself there. No, I found "it," of all places, in the interview room."

"It is especially true of Olajuwon, Nyeshia Stevenson and Amanda Thompson, the seniors. They conduct themselves with confidence, make interesting points and string together sentences that make even the former-English-teacher-turned-coach proud."

"I stopped wondering about this senior class of women's basketball players a long time ago. What we're witnessing on the court now, the joy, the passion, the polish, is simply the overflow of a college experience done right ... by the student-athlete, the university and most assuredly, the coach."

bold added.

I am sure this post is just important to those of us who have followed this team. This is truly the most enjoyment that I have received from following a team. I have loved watching specific players over the years at OU and Southern Nazarene University and even Texas, but never enjoyed a team and every individual on the team as much as this team.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/01/10 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks, Bridge...nice article.

So often, the players being interviewed seem to parrot what talking points you know they've heard from their coaches. I remember with Courtney Paris, especially,that she was articulate in her own right...bright, original ideas that were insightful. I'm sure Coale had a lot to do with that, as with her latest seniors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: