RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

OK ESPN...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DTP

PostPosted: 03/22/10 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://blog.mlive.com/fashionfixx/2008/12/large_340sssssx.jpg

Does she ever not wear that outfit during games???

JumpMan23

PostPosted: 03/22/10 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you look up "ESPN360 proxy" on Google, you should be able to get access to it in about five minutes. Do what you gotta do.

bricklayer

PostPosted: 03/22/10 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

espn360 cut me to the nevada-rhode island guy's game on its own earlier. then the tennessee-dayton game wasn't even available as an option in the right menu. Evil or Very Mad

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/22/10 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't found anywhere besides ESPN360 streaming the games, although admittedly I haven't looked all that hard. The standard places for this type of thing aren't bothering.

CRASH

PostPosted: 03/22/10 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bricklayer wrote:
espn360 cut me to the nevada-rhode island guy's game on its own earlier. then the tennessee-dayton game wasn't even available as an option in the right menu. Evil or Very Mad

I had the same problem. had to close that window and click on the game link again to get the game back.

PostPosted: 03/22/10 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whip-around has worked pretty good tonight. MSU-KY until it opened up; Duke-LSU in a close one to the end; now SJ-FSU in overtime. Seems like the games tonight have ratcheted up some in intensity from the first round games, and attendance looks better too.

PostPosted: 03/22/10 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Joe Foss wrote:
Whip-around has worked pretty good tonight. MSU-KY until it opened up; Duke-LSU in a close one to the end; now SJ-FSU in overtime. Seems like the games tonight have ratcheted up some in intensity from the first round games, and attendance looks better too.

Agreed. ESPN has done a good job of staying on a fairly close game

bballgrl

PostPosted: 03/23/10 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I went to espn360 the other night to watch a game. When I clicked on" watch live' a pop up window came up saying I needed to download "the move player" has anyone else had to do this. I didn't do it because I don't like downloading a bunch of stuff. Is this the only way to watch espn360?

CRASH

PostPosted: 03/23/10 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
I went to espn360 the other night to watch a game. When I clicked on" watch live' a pop up window came up saying I needed to download "the move player" has anyone else had to do this. I didn't do it because I don't like downloading a bunch of stuff. Is this the only way to watch espn360?

yes you must hit the download button.
I did it, and this year 360 is how Im watching the tourney.

I get to whip around to whatever game I want when ever I want!
very convenient!
And after the games you can go back and watch
a replay of any game from the last two days!
Ive been able to see every game this year thanks to 360!!!
Very worth it!!!!

PostPosted: 03/27/10 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dear ESPN:

I appreciate everything you do to help Women's basketball, both in the collage ranks and in the WNBA. With that said, could you please STOP having Doris Burke commentate for the University of Tennessee games?

Over the years her blatant favoritism of one team over anouther has been over the top. From calling out for the opposing team to "go at" a player on the Tennessee team , "Till you make her cry" was just ridiculous. And now on today's broadcast you hear not only Ms Burke, but her cohort, make remarks about the fan-ships sanity? I find this highly disrespectful. A forced and fake apology from her will not be sufficient this time. I am asking for her to be exempt from ALL future telecasts of Tennessee Women's Basketball games.

Thank you
Sincerely,
CRASH

PostPosted: 03/27/10 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CRASH wrote:
Dear ESPN:

I appreciate everything you do to help Women's basketball, both in the collage ranks and in the WNBA. With that said, could you please STOP having Doris Burke commentate for the University of Tennessee games?

Over the years her blatant favoritism of one team over anouther has been over the top. From calling out for the opposing team to "go at" a player on the Tennessee team , "Till you make her cry" was just ridiculous. And now on today's broadcast you hear not only Ms Burke, but her cohort, make remarks about the fan-ships sanity? I find this highly disrespectful. A forced and fake apology from her will not be sufficient this time. I am asking for her to be exempt from ALL future telecasts of Tennessee Women's Basketball games.

Thank you
Sincerely,
CRASH

AMEN! Although I would just rather her not commentate on any games.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 03/27/10 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hi and thanks if you are going to hate on doris u better hate even more on this dumb ass doing the stanford game right now.

she is up stanfords butt whether she is on ESPN or FoxSports.

sorry, but if ESPN is going to "fire" doris, then they better publicly fire and humiliate M

CRASH

PostPosted: 03/27/10 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
hi and thanks if you are going to hate on doris u better hate even more on this dumb ass doing the stanford game right now.

she is up stanfords butt whether she is on ESPN or FoxSports.

sorry, but if ESPN is going to "fire" doris, then they better publicly fire and humiliate M

I did not ask for Doris to be fired.
I asked for them not to schedule her to commentate the UT games ever again.

There is a difference between bragging about how good a team is that is playing the game you are working on, and putting down the fans or calling for a player to be injured-purposely of a team you are commentating. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!

PostPosted: 03/27/10 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

not to me. bad announcing is bad announcing. so if u are requesting doris off of tennessee games im calling this dope off of stanford game.

CRASH

PostPosted: 03/27/10 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
not to me. bad announcing is bad announcing. so if u are requesting doris off of tennessee games im calling this dope off of stanford game.

OK now I have to ask...

Is it because you're so used to Doris being a mile up Geno's posterior,
and this commentator you speak of doing the Stanford game is doing her job.

By that I mean;
NOT BRINGING UP UCONN WHEN THEY ARE NOT PLAYING!

We used to have some Tennessee faithful here, a lot like you.
They couldn't stand having anyone else getting any props either.
Notice I said "used to"?

PostPosted: 03/27/10 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Upcoming games and announcers. The KC region is going to be challenging to listen to. Sad

3/28:
Iowa State-Connecticut, Noon, ESPN, Bob Wischusen, Stephanie White, Rebecca Lobo
Mississippi State-Florida State, 2:30, ESPN2, Bob Wischusen, Stephanie White, Rebecca Lobo
Oklahoma-Notre Dame, 7:30, ESPN2, Pam Ward, Debbie Antonelli, Beth Mowins
Kentucky-Nebraska, 10, ESPN2, Pam Ward, Debbie Antonelli, Beth Mowins

Final Four (San Antonio, 4/4 & 4/6): Dave O'Brien, Doris Burke, Holly Rowe, Rebecca Lobo

bricklayer

PostPosted: 03/27/10 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Upcoming games and announcers. The KC region is going to be challenging to listen to. Sad

3/28:
Iowa State-Connecticut, Noon, ESPN, Bob Wischusen, Stephanie White, Rebecca Lobo
Mississippi State-Florida State, 2:30, ESPN2, Bob Wischusen, Stephanie White, Rebecca Lobo
Oklahoma-Notre Dame, 7:30, ESPN2, Pam Ward, Debbie Antonelli, Beth Mowins
Kentucky-Nebraska, 10, ESPN2, Pam Ward, Debbie Antonelli, Beth Mowins

Final Four (San Antonio, 4/4 & 4/6): Dave O'Brien, Doris Burke, Holly Rowe, Rebecca Lobo

the dayton region looks like it got the primo announcing team. Too bad it starts at 6 am here Sad

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doris Burke likes to focus on one thing. Mary Murphy is probably drunk (at least that was the impression folks got while she was doing Lib games, though, hey, I'd have to drink to talk nice about that team too). There's a difference.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

im not a tennessee fan, i dont like doris and i dont like MM.

i dont know if you are familiar with CPTV and the way they cover the UConn games. but a presentation by them should not be the same as ESPN or FoxSports.

my point is, get doris out im fine with that... but you have to get rid of every bad announcer. MM is equally as far up Stanfords ass as DB is up UConns.

and dont imply that im going to not post.... please

CRASH

PostPosted: 03/28/10 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
im not a tennessee fan, i dont like doris and i dont like MM.

i dont know if you are familiar with CPTV and the way they cover the UConn games. but a presentation by them should not be the same as ESPN or FoxSports.

my point is, get doris out im fine with that... but you have to get rid of every bad announcer. MM is equally as far up Stanfords ass as DB is up UConns.

and dont imply that im going to not post.... please

Im not saying that Mary Murphy or any of the Women's basketball announcers are that great. Anyone who is a fan of the women's game knows how bad the commentators are. My point is simple; Mary Murphy has never called for a team that is not Stanford (or is Stanford) "intentionally" hurt a star player who plays for Stanfords main rival. THAT is the difference. Doris has proven how unprofessional she is, by doing exactly this. ESPN had her "apologize" for this comment, which came across less than sincere. Yesterday... She not only spent half the game running on at the mouth about UCONN again (a game that didn't involve them), but made a less than appropriate comment about the "sanity" of the Lady Vols fans. THIS is why she is no longer welcome to call games that include the University of Tennessee's women's basketball team.

I'm not asking for her to be fired, nor would I. I am asking for ESPN, please, show some semblance of respect for a program that has earned it, by not allowing this one person work our games.

As for implying you not post here....
I may be out of line, if I am I am truley sorry.
My point in that is how the "our girls syndrome"
has, in somes minds, not allowed others to
"not like" other teams regardless of the reason.
Notice I used the Tenn faithful as my example.
I did this , although I personally can't stand Geno,
I do appreciate the players, their work ethic, and
everything they accomplish. With that said...
This is not always the case of their fans toward
the Tennessee program.

These are my points.
Can you understand where I am coming from?

PostPosted: 03/28/10 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

makes sense now.
and since i will watch virtually any game NOT involving the LVs, can you by any chance paraphrase what doris did say?

also, i see where my comment about MM is false. it is true that i havent seen her call a non-stanford game, but still this is ESPN she needs to be repremanded also.

CRASH

PostPosted: 03/28/10 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
makes sense now.
and since i will watch virtually any game NOT involving the LVs, can you by any chance paraphrase what doris did say?

also, i see where my comment about MM is false. it is true that i havent seen her call a non-stanford game, but still this is ESPN she needs to be repremanded also.

Candace Parker had gone out of the game twice during the previous game with dislocated shoulder (same one both times). Doris commentates how if she were the coach of the opposing team she would tell her kids to "bang her till she cries".....this was the 08' tourny

In the game against Baylor, Yesterday, she and her partner were laughing and she made the statement to the effect of "makes you wounder to the sanity of the Tennessee fans..."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: