RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

tonight's national tv game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scullyfu

PostPosted: 03/21/10 12:44 pm    ::: tonight's national tv game Reply Reply with quote

just announced as oklahoma (3) vs south dakota st.(14) damn. i'd much rather see the ucla (eight) vs nc state (9) game. i wonder if out here on the left coast we'll get to see the more regional game with ucla? i certainly hope so cuz it promises to be the better game, imo.

PostPosted: 03/21/10 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I doubt ESPN would change the game unless OU is romping SDSU. They also said last night that #2 Notre Dame vs. #15 Cleveland State is the next national game (after DePaul/Vanderbilt). Any of the other 3 would be more compelling. I would definitely prefer more regional action by ESPN as well.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/21/10 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

goldy wrote:
I doubt ESPN would change the game unless OU is romping SDSU. They also said last night that #2 Notre Dame vs. #15 Cleveland State is the next national game (after DePaul/Vanderbilt). Any of the other 3 would be more compelling. I would definitely prefer more regional action by ESPN as well.

Yeah I was really surprised when at the beginning of the UW-UVM game they mentioned most of the nation would be getting their next game - ND-Cleveland State.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/21/10 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's the coverage map for today: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/tournament/2010/news/story?page=maps100321

Looks like UCLA-NC State will be protected for all of North Carolina and part of California.

bricklayer

PostPosted: 03/21/10 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've actually been wanting to see the bunnies for a few years now, so
I'm personally happy ok-sdsu is the featured game though I agree ucla-nc state would seem to be the "more compelling" matchup. But I can't uderstand why a 15 vs a 2 would be their pick for the next set of games except that espn really seems to have a thing for notre dame.

Kailapea

PostPosted: 03/21/10 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shows the UCLA / NCST game on ESPNU here in LA.

PostPosted: 03/21/10 1:18 pm    ::: Re: tonight's national tv game Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
just announced as oklahoma (3) vs south dakota st.(14) damn. i'd much rather see the ucla (eight) vs nc state (9) game. i wonder if out here on the left coast we'll get to see the more regional game with ucla? i certainly hope so cuz it promises to be the better game, imo.

They will be the ESPNU game at that time. Earlier games listed(they may switch) are James Madison-Temple and Green Bay-Virginia.

scullyfu

PostPosted: 03/21/10 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kailapea wrote:

what exactly is espnu? is that the hd version of espn? if so, i'm s.o.l. cuz i don't have hd. Sad

PostPosted: 03/21/10 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:

what exactly is espnu? is that the hd version of espn? if so, i'm s.o.l. cuz i don't have hd. Sad

It's a whole other channel in itself. I believe its broadcast in HD as well as SD. You may have to add on a sports tier package to get it. It's not available on Comcast in the Denver area. Crying or Very sad

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/21/10 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
Kailapea wrote:

It's part of my digital cable sports package.

xzchief

PostPosted: 03/21/10 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="scullyfu"][quote="Kailapea"]Shows the UCLA / NCST game on ESPNU here in LA.[/quote]

what exactly is espnu? is that the hd version of espn? if so, i'm s.o.l. cuz i don't have hd. :([/quote]

ESPN University is a network devoted to college sports.

sambista

PostPosted: 03/21/10 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

they keep saying if you're looking for your local games to also check the standard (sd) transmission of espn (vs. hd), but i haven't seen any differences here in l.a.

Kailapea

PostPosted: 03/21/10 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
they keep saying if you're looking for your local games to also check the standard (sd) transmission of espn (vs. hd), but i haven't seen any differences here in l.a.

Me either.....

PostPosted: 03/21/10 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:

I did yesterday. I was locked into Georgia on SD, but not on HD.

PostPosted: 03/22/10 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Check the coverage map on ESPN's site. Some of the protected markets are smaller than a matchbook and some are entire states, and obviously it changes from game to game.

PostPosted: 03/22/10 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the other thing is try the Full Court pay channels down at the bottom (700s on Directv).

UConn was on in full on their channel there yesterday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: