RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Harvard's March Miracle offers hope to underdogs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 03/19/10 8:04 am    ::: Harvard's March Miracle offers hope to underdogs Reply Reply with quote

http://www.pe.com/sports/college/ucr/stories/PE_Sports_Local_W_jacol_19.474c61a.html

Quote:
And it caught a huge break in the week leading up to the game when Stanford stars Kristin Folkl and Vanessa Nygaard suffered ACL injuries. Of course, that line of thought still rankles Delaney-Smith.

"I know they had injuries, but so did we," she said by phone from her Cambridge, Mass., office. "There's always injuries.

PostPosted: 03/19/10 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was there in my Harvard jacket and left Maples very happy, yet stunned....my fondest memory at Maples, besides seeing Cal beat Stanford there. Very Happy

njjosh

PostPosted: 03/19/10 1:38 pm    ::: Re: Harvard's March Miracle offers hope to underdogs Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
http://www.pe.com/sports/college/ucr/stories/PE_Sports_Local_W_jacol_19.474c61a.html

Quote:
And it caught a huge break in the week leading up to the game when Stanford stars Kristin Folkl and Vanessa Nygaard suffered ACL injuries. Of course, that line of thought still rankles Delaney-Smith.

"I know they had injuries, but so did we," she said by phone from her Cambridge, Mass., office. "There's always injuries.

If Alison Feaster had gotten hurt before the game, then maybe Delaney-Smith would have had a case.

Nothing against Harvard - they were the better team that night and deserved to win. But anyone who dismisses Stanford losing those two All-Americans in the week leading up to the game is off his/her rocker.

hooper1

PostPosted: 03/19/10 8:03 pm    ::: Re: Harvard's March Miracle offers hope to underdogs Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

If Alison Feaster had gotten hurt before the game, then maybe Delaney-Smith would have had a case.

Nothing against Harvard - they were the better team that night and deserved to win. But anyone who dismisses Stanford losing those two All-Americans in the week leading up to the game is off his/her rocker.

Word.

CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 03/19/10 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The injuries were huge. Had those players been on the court, Stanford would have prevailed, no doubt.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 03/19/10 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CalwbbFan wrote:
The injuries were huge. Had those players been on the court, Stanford would have prevailed, no doubt.

Should've, Could've...Didn't.

You play with who shows up.
CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 03/19/10 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know and I was very happy as a former member of the Harvard wbb team myself.

Harvard won the game and it was fantastic.....The Ivy League doesn't have athletic schollies, so it was quite an achievement no matter what.

hoopfan24

PostPosted: 03/19/10 10:22 pm    ::: Re: Harvard's March Miracle offers hope to underdogs Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:

OMG! Kathy! Are you fucking kidding me? You did not lose a 1st and 3rd team AAs days before the game that equaled 40% of your pts and rebounds.

hoopfan24

PostPosted: 03/19/10 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CalwbbFan wrote:
I know and I was very happy as a former member of the Harvard wbb team myself.

Harvard won the game and it was fantastic.....The Ivy League doesn't have athletic schollies, so it was quite an achievement no matter what.

No matter what? BS

hoopfan24

PostPosted: 03/19/10 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CalwbbFan wrote:
I was there in my Harvard jacket and left Maples very happy, yet stunned....my fondest memory at Maples, besides seeing Cal beat Stanford there. Very Happy

yea, and you saw Cal win after JJ Hones went down with ACL too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: