RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Andrea Rileeeey....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/15/10 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
I don't see why people are already writing off Riley despite her being identified as one of the draft's top prospects. That suggests that she'll be drafted high enough to have a chance at competing for rotation minutes. She happens to be one of my faves, but I'd say this even if she wasn't: I've seen MUCH WORSE make a team and stay there for an entire season, and two of those players played against Riley as college players.

To me, Riley's WNBA future depends on how quickly she:

1) adjusts to not being the focal point of the offense; and
2) develops a better understanding of what is a good shot and what is a bad one, not to mention when to shoot versus when to pass.

I still see her as a Nate Robinson-Eddie House type...combo guard off the bench who may be designated as the point, but is there to provide scoring punch.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/16/10 12:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
1) adjusts to not being the focal point of the offense
Hmm. Good luck with THAT.
I will be watching the round one OKST-Chattanooga matchup with great interest. Shocked

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/16/10 1:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Basically in interviews Budke says she is doing what he wants her to do. If she does what the coach at the next level wants her to do too, she will be fine. I'm with DTP on this - it does make a difference who your teammates are. I noticed early in the year that she would pass it off and someone would miss the layup or short jumper. After awhile, if your teammates can't finish, you stop wanting to pass them the ball. Now the question - so what will Budke do next year sans Riley and Cunningham. I don't see too much hope there.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/16/10 5:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
1) adjusts to not being the focal point of the offense
Hmm. Good luck with THAT.
I will be watching the round one OKST-Chattanooga matchup with great interest. :shock:

You know that Riley won't be playing, don't you? She is suspended from the 2008 Tournament for the first game.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/16/10 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
She is suspended from the 2008 Tournament for the first game.
Precisely the point of my interest...can her team compete successfully against a #13 seed without her?

FS02

PostPosted: 03/16/10 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
She is suspended from the 2008 Tournament for the first game.
Precisely the point of my interest...can her team compete successfully against a #13 seed without her?

I'm not sure! I'm staring at that spot on my bracket and drawing a blank. I can't think of a single other player in the country who defines her team as much as Riley does.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: