RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WAC Finals on ESPNU..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 03/13/10 4:30 pm    ::: WAC Finals on ESPNU.. Reply Reply with quote

And they're just lucky I can't reach in and strangle the dumbsh*t announcers who don't know the difference between Teresa WEATHERspoon and Sophia WITHERspoon.

ACK!

PostPosted: 03/13/10 5:00 pm    ::: Re: WAC Finals on ESPNU.. Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
And they're just lucky I can't reach in and strangle the dumbsh*t announcers who don't know the difference between Teresa WEATHERspoon and Sophia WITHERspoon.

ACK!

I think they might be luckier that their sideline reporter isn't Rebecca Lobo, who would almost certainly correct them, and in the process prove that she knows more than both of them combined. Lord, I hope Sue, Kym, and the rest of the crew weren't watching this one, or there are gonna b a lot of broken televisions.

In other news, I'm absolutely stunned- shocked, I say, to discover a Spoon-led team periodically has trouble scoring.

PostPosted: 03/13/10 5:39 pm    ::: Re: WAC Finals on ESPNU.. Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:

ACK!

Yeah, it's been making me nuts.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 03/13/10 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And he still thinks BL coaches the Shock who are STILL in Detroit...god I have never seen such unprepared announcers EVER...it makes me mad...Todd Harris is a moron but this time he's just unprepared, I mean I'm shocked he got anything straight. And Barto being shocked that women can play basketball just makes me want to puke...this is a disgrace.

PostPosted: 03/13/10 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Techsters win.

Spoon has to be the favorite for the Dixon award.

PostPosted: 03/13/10 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

O wise ones, what would you say are Fresno state's chances of an at-large bid? Rpi in the 20s last week, but no good wins. No bad losses either.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/13/10 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bricklayer wrote:
O wise ones, what would you say are Fresno state's chances of an at-large bid? Rpi in the 20s last week, but no good wins. No bad losses either.

Just fair. They'll be in the mid-30's for RPI. Without significant wins, it will be tough.

PostPosted: 03/13/10 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not wise but I'm of the mindset Fresno State will wind up in the WNIT. It's the same old story for Mid-Major programs. Win your conference tournament or else. I can still remember when Wichita State's volleyball program went 25 and 3 one year, winning their conference but was left standing on the sidelines of the NCAA tournament because their third loss was in the championship game of their conference tournament. The selection committee, I believe, took Kansas that year with a record of 17-15. Mid-Majors may have good programs but some usually get screwed by their 'respected' Rolling Eyes selection committees.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
bricklayer

PostPosted: 03/13/10 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Apparently someone asked jon newlee (Idaho coach) if he thought Fresno would get in if they lost, and he went off on some rant about midmajor disrespect and how the WAC should be a 2-team league yadda yadda. Yeah, I'm not sure why that question was posed to him at the press conference, but he certainly has strong feelings bout it.

I'm crossing my fingers for Fresno, they were very impressive during conference season, but midmajors with better resumes have been passed over in the past, so I'm not too hopeful. (go jmu!)

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 03/14/10 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You mean the Vandals coach who basically said the refs stole the game from him? Smile

PostPosted: 03/14/10 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
You mean the Vandals coach who basically said the refs stole the game from him? Smile

I missed that, but it must be. He's certainly not afraid to speak his mind. Smile

I have a soft spot for Jon though, since he was our
associate coach for a few years before going to Idaho state.

beknighted

PostPosted: 03/14/10 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In most other years, I'd say Fresno State is out of luck. This year, maybe.

I'd agree that Spoon has to be a big favorite for the Dixon award.

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 03/15/10 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In more important news, the hair - it works. And the ring - nice. Were those Gucci slippers? Razz Laughing

Any other year I'd say Fresno should just enjoy the NIT but they should and likely will get in this year.

Tech is going to miss Dowdell next year. She's the ultimate "bail out" player. She also seems to be the type where you don't really see her effectiveness until you look up and she's damn near had a 20-20 game. To do that with no other post presence and shaky guards is impressive. I doubt it translates to the WNBA though. Hopefully the arrival of Canada (aka Shantal Bramble-Donaldson, Manhattan Center, stand up!) and the other JuCo's will allow Spoon to employ more of a running game next year. I know earlier this season she was tight that she couldn't press the way she wants to.
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/15/10 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Spoon! Very Happy

Mathies to LA 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: