RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sylvia Hatchell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/31/08 10:05 pm    ::: Sylvia Hatchell Reply Reply with quote

<object width="425" height="355"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O3G-jDI6t8M&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 03/31/08 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My sentiments exactly. I was wondering where on Earth she got that jacket. Poor thing. You'd think with the money she made, she'd get a decent new jacket.

memphis10

PostPosted: 03/31/08 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RTS 4 PREZ! Very Happy

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
njjosh

PostPosted: 03/31/08 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
My sentiments exactly. I was wondering where on Earth she got that jacket. Poor thing. You'd think with the money she made, she'd get a decent new jacket.

Forget a new jacket. How about a whole new wardrobe?

Goldrush

PostPosted: 03/31/08 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I keep waiting for her to shuffle out to the bench in a housecoat and slippers one of these nights. Someday she'll get distracted trying to find those cards she reads for interviews and press gaggles and do it, mark my words.

--Women's Basketball (1903)
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/31/08 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:

Forget a new wardrobe. How about a new face? Shocked Seriously ugly.

Mathies to LA 2013
Mirage32

PostPosted: 04/01/08 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What in the world were the golden globes embroidered into her shoulders? My lawd! And I didn't get a close up of the shoes, but they appeared to be as equally appalling...

PostPosted: 04/01/08 1:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
njjosh wrote:

Forget a new wardrobe. How about a new face? Shocked Seriously ugly.

How about a freakin' conscience? Evil or Very Mad

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 04/01/08 1:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:

How 'bout a freakin' sense of humor? She is an unattractive woman who wears unattractive clothing. It's not as though she's the only unattractive coach at UNC. Roy Williams is butt ugly himself, and I'm sure people have told/will tell him as much.

It's really not that serious.

Mathies to LA 2013
icey23

PostPosted: 04/01/08 2:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

People in stands was like wtf does she have on.

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 04/01/08 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I said last night I thought she was channeling Porter Waggoner.

PostPosted: 04/01/08 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's worn this horrible thing before. A year ago, the News & Observer called it her "legendary cream suit with gold lions on the shoulders." Legendary indeed. Surely there must be a story behind something so ugly. Does anyone know?????

http://www.newsobserver.com/752/story/548442.html

Barrister15

PostPosted: 04/01/08 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So they were lions! I wasn't quite sure.

Seriously now, where does one buy that get up and does it have a matching hat?

lzrdgrl

PostPosted: 04/01/08 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The "lions" are legendary in the ACC. I know a guy who was a trainer for the UNC WBB team. . .he says Sylvia liked to wear that jacket when the played NCSU and she would say to the team in the locker room before the game, "lions eats wolves" unfortunately for the heels they don't eats tigers. And yes, the gold shoes are usually part of the package. . .were they there last night?

I heard Sylvia's mother used to make alot of her clothing, although I heard she is no longer living, that would however explain some things. The Lions are beyond explanation.

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 04/01/08 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:

How 'bout a freakin' sense of humor? She is an unattractive woman who wears unattractive clothing. It's not as though she's the only unattractive coach at UNC. Roy Williams is butt ugly himself, and I'm sure people have told/will tell him as much.

you know what? "how about a new face?" is just not funny. it's mean. just plain mean. and you hadn't mentioned anyone else until i questioned you. so, i'll just keep thinking you're a real charmer. Rolling Eyes

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 04/02/08 7:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"The only player that really played like they usually do is LaToya," North Carolina coach Sylvia Hatchell said. "It was tough coming down here playing in this environment.

"It was a very ugly game, I mean, who wants to watch a game 56-50," Hatchell continued. "It was very different than how we normally play. ... LSU probably had a lot to do with that."

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iyGFJBXFr-nBJRy82scK3zSlUDmwD8VOQEKG0

What ungracious postgame comments by Sylvia Hatchell. No respect for LSU, no respect for New Orleans. Shocked

peaceplease

PostPosted: 04/02/08 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:

you know what? "how about a new face?" is just not funny. it's mean. just plain mean. and you hadn't mentioned anyone else until i questioned you. so, i'll just keep thinking you're a real charmer. Rolling Eyes

i think this whole thread is plain mean and uncalled for. just my two cents. thanks for speaking up tsw.

PEACE
eyevolley4

PostPosted: 04/02/08 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A few things - I think that Hatchell wears really goofy clothing, and often enjoy the ribbing she gets for it.

I don't think that calling her ugly is appropriate, as I didn't think calling Tara pissy-faced is appropriate. I'd ask that you stick to her wardrobe and character, as those are decisions she makes, she didn't pick her face.

I don't know how classless her comment was. It certainly wasn't class-ful, but she certainly didn't disrespect New Orleans, she never even mentioned New Orleans! I'm more concerned that she bashed a defensive battle and didn't seem to realize that it's her responsibility to prepare her team for games like that.

At a moment like this, I should say that I do prefer a congratulations and a heart-felt thank you for the seniors who have worked so hard for you, but also, she's right. Only Pringle played well.

PostPosted: 04/02/08 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cute video: Second Hand Rose......I like Sylvia though. She has a unique personality, a real character (papering trees) and, for better or worse, is definitely not one that's going to change her ways or dress style......

The one who gets me, and who makes around $1 million annually, is Kim Mulkey. She can wear some gaaawwwwdeeee looking outfits that are sometimes just way out of place........

However, I have been enjoying Carolyn Peck's outfits lately. She adds just enough spice to show off her hardware yet maintains ethical and tasteful bounds. Few of the other women announcers can get away with her dress.

dukemayo

PostPosted: 04/02/08 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sylvia's clothes had been very good this season. Dillard's department store became a radio sponsor, and she does an ad ("the place I go for the best in women's fashions" etc.) on the broadcasts.

I concluded they've have been selecting her outfits--until Monday night anyway, when either her minder slipped up or she insisted for some reason.

It's not fanciful that she insisted so she could do a "Lions eat tigers" bit in pre-game. Anyone know? It could have unsettled the Tar Heels, especially the frosh, it being perhaps their first exposure to the suit and the cornpone. Seriously, a bit that comes off as strained (trying too hard) can tense players up.

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 04/02/08 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Cute video: Second Hand Rose......I like Sylvia though. She has a unique personality, a real character (papering trees) and, for better or worse, is definitely not one that's going to change her ways or dress style......

The one who gets me, and who makes around $1 million annually, is Kim Mulkey. She can wear some gaaawwwwdeeee looking outfits that are sometimes just way out of place........

However, I have been enjoying Carolyn Peck's outfits lately. She adds just enough spice to show off her hardware yet maintains ethical and tasteful bounds. Few of the other women announcers can get away with her dress.

Carolyn looks the same now as she did at Purdue. She would patrole those sidelines in her skirts and heels and got as much attention sometimes as the players.

She can definitely wear the outfits she has on. She works them.

PostPosted: 04/03/08 1:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jokes about Hatchell's clothes are old, very old.

I'm sure she knows exactly what her image is and deliberately cultivates it.

Jim Foster wears sweaters, as did Lou Carnesecca (loud ones).

Bobby Knight for years wore a red plaid sports jacket.

Wendy Larry wears a towel over her shoulder, as did John Thompson. Jerry Tarkanian constantly chewed one.

George Patton wore ivory handled pistols.

Pat Summitt wears chalk-screeching orange suits.

Geno Auriemma wears ... on many people's nerves.

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/03/08 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richie Adubato's ties. Linda Hill-McDonald's white shoes. Little Jackets's little jackets and Ikea upholstery. It's not like the fashion disasters are limited to college.

PostPosted: 04/03/08 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Jokes about Hatchell's clothes are old, very old.

Not when she whips out the lions, which have not been seen for some time.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/03/08 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, the lions ... well, in that case ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: