RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Candice Wiggins and JJ Hones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/31/08 11:41 pm    ::: Candice Wiggins and JJ Hones Reply Reply with quote

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! They combined for 64 points (19-38 shooting), nine three-pointers, six assists, and three turnovers tonight.

Shocked

Allow that to sink in for a moment.

Shocked

Shocked

Hoop, eyevolley, and TheWildJacko, congratulations. Your girls are ON FIRE! Oh, and I admit that I was 100% wrong about Wiggins (and Hones, for that matter). The more I see her this year, the more I wish she would've come to Duke. She is the SHIT, and I'd like nothing more than to see her win it all in Tampa (yes, I'll be cheering my butt off for 'Furd thanks to Wiggins' touching display of exuberance). Good luck to the Cardinal the rest of the way.

Mathies to LA 2013
memphis10

PostPosted: 03/31/08 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jinx! Twisted Evil

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 04/01/08 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

memphis10 wrote:
Jinx! Twisted Evil

Hopefully not! I wouldn't want JJ Hones to turn into JJ Redick!

HAR HAR HAR!!!!! Laughing

Mathies to LA 2013
TheWildJacko

PostPosted: 04/01/08 2:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks, bballfan. I'm so excited. I haven't even been able to post on any boards, including the Stanford board, until now--just been reading everything I can find on the game.

That was so fun. Both teams played extraordinary games, but I'm just happy Candice gets to go to the Final Four. I really, really wanted her to get there. I was nervous because I knew MD, and especially Toliver, would probably shoot lights out (and they did), but I was hopeful that Stanford would pull out a win. I just didn't expect it to be such a shootout on our end!!

Very Happy

---

Oops, I accidentally posted this as my dad before! This is much better Very Happy

hoopfan24

PostPosted: 04/01/08 2:57 am    ::: Re: Candice Wiggins and JJ Hones Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! They combined for 64 points (19-38 shooting), nine three-pointers, six assists, and three turnovers tonight.

Shocked

Shocked

Shocked

Hoop, eyevolley, and TheWildJacko, congratulations. Your girls are ON FIRE! Oh, and I admit that I was 100% wrong about Wiggins (and Hones, for that matter). The more I see her this year, the more I wish she would've come to Duke. She is the SHIT, and I'd like nothing more than to see her win it all in Tampa (yes, I'll be cheering my butt off for 'Furd thanks to Wiggins' touching display of exuberance). Good luck to the Cardinal the rest of the way.

man, thanks so much. I am soooooo happy for Candice and the team. I really had a good feeling about tonight. Great game plan by the coaches and awesome execution by everyone. Sat it was Ros, tonight it was JJ and Kayla -and CW. Friggin awesome move by Tara to put Pedersen on the wing to hit those threes.

Tara has done one HELL of a job coaching this year after losing 2 players o ACLs and 2 losses the first week of the conf. Say it again, soooo happy for her the team.

See you in Tampa baby!

TheWildJacko

PostPosted: 04/01/08 3:00 am    ::: Re: Candice Wiggins and JJ Hones Reply Reply with quote

hoopfan24 wrote:

Friggin awesome move by Tara to put Pedersen on the wing to hit those threes.

Note to Tara:

Next year, can we PLEASE see Appel at the 5, Nneka at the 4, and Kayla at the 3 at least some of the time?

But first, take care of this year in Tampa!

OK, I'm finally going to bed.

FINAL FOUR!!

hoopfan24

PostPosted: 04/01/08 3:43 am    ::: Re: Candice Wiggins and JJ Hones Reply Reply with quote

TheWildJacko wrote:
hoopfan24 wrote:

Note to Tara:

Next year, can we PLEASE see Appel at the 5, Nneka at the 4, and Kayla at the 3 at least some of the time?

FINAL FOUR!!

Tara told the boosters earlier this yr she was going to move Kaya to the 3 next yr and have Nneka at the 4. I somewhat question that as Kayla is our best rebounder, but I have a feeling Nneka will be awesome too.

TheWildJacko

PostPosted: 04/01/08 11:06 am    ::: Re: Candice Wiggins and JJ Hones Reply Reply with quote

hoopfan24 wrote:
TheWildJacko wrote:
hoopfan24 wrote:

Note to Tara:

FINAL FOUR!!

Tara told the boosters earlier this yr she was going to move Kaya to the 3 next yr and have Nneka at the 4. I somewhat question that as Kayla is our best rebounder, but I have a feeling Nneka will be awesome too.

You're right, Kayla is an awesome rebounder. BUT, Nneka just might be better. She has looked so athletic in the videos I've seen of her and the effort she puts in to catch passes and rebounds is pretty amazing.

shrrew

PostPosted: 04/01/08 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I loved watching Stanford win! I didn't expect it so it made it even better!

Wiggins joyfully crying on the TV was priceless. I like it when the players aren't hardened and jaded. 41 points!!!! Woo Hoo!

Pac10 still in the game! Smile

Rutgers/Uconn tonight !

PostPosted: 04/01/08 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Stanford! Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/01/08 11:38 am    ::: Re: Candice Wiggins and JJ Hones Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:

Shocked

Shocked

Shocked

Thank you.

The resurgence in the program Stanford has been phenomenal. I don't think you can appreciate this experience nearly as much without last season's disappointment and the two near-Final Fours the two seasons previous to that. The hunger just grows inside you, and I'm thrilled that Wiggins gets to take a bite out of the Final Four. It just feels like that is what she was made for!

PostPosted: 04/01/08 3:12 pm    ::: Re: Candice Wiggins and JJ Hones Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

Shocked

Shocked

Shocked

Thank you.

The resurgence in the program Stanford has been phenomenal. I don't think you can appreciate this experience nearly as much without last season's disappointment and the two near-Final Fours the two seasons previous to that. The hunger just grows inside you, and I'm thrilled that Wiggins gets to take a bite out of the Final Four. It just feels like that is what she was made for!

And hopefully, it will just continue to grow. We need some more of this kind of action out west. Hopefully, it wiil quiet the critics a bit.

Now we need the rest of our Pac-10 teams to step up and keep the conference competitive.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/01/08 4:16 pm    ::: Re: Candice Wiggins and JJ Hones Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
The more I see her this year, the more I wish she would've come to Duke. She is the SHIT, and I'd like nothing more than to see her win it all in Tampa (yes, I'll be cheering my butt off for 'Furd thanks to Wiggins' touching display of exuberance). Good luck to the Cardinal the rest of the way.

On her official to visit to Duke, EVERYONE fell in love with Candice...players, coaches, WCBB staff, people in the athletic department. They couldn't stop talking about what a great person she was. To this day, people still talk about how much she would have meant to the program and how great it would have been to have her.

hoopfan24

PostPosted: 04/01/08 4:34 pm    ::: Re: Candice Wiggins and JJ Hones Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

extremely well said eyevolley. I'm soooo happy for CW and the team given their tough elite 8 games in previous yrs.

hoopfan24

PostPosted: 04/01/08 4:39 pm    ::: Re: Candice Wiggins and JJ Hones Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
The more I see her this year, the more I wish she would've come to Duke. She is the SHIT, and I'd like nothing more than to see her win it all in Tampa (yes, I'll be cheering my butt off for 'Furd thanks to Wiggins' touching display of exuberance). Good luck to the Cardinal the rest of the way.

On her official to visit to Duke, EVERYONE fell in love with Candice...players, coaches, WCBB staff, people in the athletic department. They couldn't stop talking about what a great person she was. To this day, people still talk about how much she would have meant to the program and how great it would have been to have her.

thanks Cam and bballfan205, that's why I'm so happy for her, she's just a great person and obviously special player. Tara loves her like no other player she's had.

I felt bad for MD, but they tasted the success of NC and F4, so I wanted Candice to experience the same feeling.

PalaceAthena

PostPosted: 04/01/08 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Once again, a day late...well, a half a day late. I'm still on vacation. Smile What a game by Stanford! And Maryland as well. I like both teams so I'm said one of them had to lose. But for purely sentimental reasons, I'm glad Stanford is going to the Final Four. I can't think of a player in women's basketball that deserves a Final Four more than Candice Wiggins. She has been so amazing (this season and throughout her career) and her pure emotion at the end of the game and in the interview was really heartwarming.

Special shoutout to hoopfan. You were the first person I thought of at the end of the game. You must be so psyched right now. I know you've been waiting a long time for this. First Stanford gets the Tennessee monkey off their back earlier this year, now they get the Final Four monkey off after 11 years of close calls. Maybe it's fate!! Laughing

So congrats to hoop, eyevolley, keegan, and all the other Stanford fans on the board. Enjoy your victory. And to the Terps fans, take heart in your great season, your 2006 championship, and another year of Toliver and Coleman. Wink

hoopfan24

PostPosted: 04/01/08 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PalaceAthena wrote:
Once again, a day late...well, a half a day late. I'm still on vacation. Smile What a game by Stanford! And Maryland as well. I like both teams so I'm said one of them had to lose. But for purely sentimental reasons, I'm glad Stanford is going to the Final Four. I can't think of a player in women's basketball that deserves a Final Four more than Candice Wiggins. She has been so amazing (this season and throughout her career) and her pure emotion at the end of the game and in the interview was really heartwarming.

Special shoutout to hoopfan. You were the first person I thought of at the end of the game. You must be so psyched right now. I know you've been waiting a long time for this. First Stanford gets the Tennessee monkey off their back earlier this year, now they get the Final Four monkey off after 11 years of close calls. Maybe it's fate!! Laughing

So congrats to hoop, eyevolley, keegan, and all the other Stanford fans on the board. Enjoy your victory. And to the Terps fans, take heart in your great season, your 2006 championship, and another year of Toliver and Coleman. Wink

hey PA. thanks so much. It really means a lot. I got teary eyed when I saw Candice' post game interview with Heather. Wow.

I just got home from Spokane after only about 1 hour of sleep. Heading to Tampa on Sat.

whoa!

mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/01/08 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree, my team's still in the running..but If they are knocked out..Stanford will be who I'm rooting for all the way.

Candice vs. Candace rematch wouldn't be horrible. Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/01/08 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanfords halfcourt offense is incredible...they move the ball quickly, and the inside-outside is tough to stop.

Appel is great at seeing the doubleteam and kicking it out and the person whos open either shoots it, or swings it to a more open shooter because the defense recovered quick...

But, if everything breaks down Wiggins gets the ball and does her thing Smile

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: