RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

How often do players from other teams watch the games?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kage

PostPosted: 03/23/08 1:44 am    ::: How often do players from other teams watch the games? Reply Reply with quote

Just wondering. While I was at Stanford today for the first session, I saw various teams come in and sit in the lower level behind one of the baskets.

It was pretty fun to guess which teams they were as I was unfamiliar with the colors. It was also pretty interesting to watch the interactions between the teams if two came out into the stadium at the same time.

I saw a team with dark blue and light blue, which I later found out to be SDU. Cal was there for around 10 minutes for the Auburn game. (Given what I know now, funniest part was because both teams were there sitting in rows right behind each other). I -think- the red/black team in warm-ups was Stanford. And there was a team already in their basketball uniforms, red and white, which from what I saw later, might have been the WKU team. There was a team that I think might have been Auburn that came in during the Cal game and then another black with some other color team later came in.

What goes through a team's mind? I mean, they just sit there and watch. No clapping at all. Laughing And the times that they come in and out seem pretty random. Is it fun for them to watch? Nerve-wracking? Burning time? Surprised

Anyone else see teams come in at your site?
AnnieM

PostPosted: 03/23/08 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I dunno...at every tournament I have ever been to the teams come out to watch games that are being played.

I don't think there's any big deal to it....the players sometimes are sent out to get a look at their next potential opponent....sometimes they just want to enjoy some hoops.

hate less, love more;
and all good things are yours.
Swedish Proverb
MNfan22

PostPosted: 03/23/08 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AnnieM wrote:
I dunno...at every tournament I have ever been to the teams come out to watch games that are being played.

I don't think there's any big deal to it....the players sometimes are sent out to get a look at their next potential opponent....sometimes they just want to enjoy some hoops.

Ditto, seeing teams come & go thru out the day is common.

When Minneapolis hosts, there are seats sectioned off just for the teams to sit. For rnd 1 with 8 teams at a site, evening session teams may have had a practice & then come over an watch a few mins of the early sessions gms; teams will come out & watch a bit of the gm before theirs; winners will come out & watch who they may be playing in the next gm; the losers may come out wating for everyone to get dressed before heading out.

I miss not hosting rnds 1 & 2 Sad
The day before hanging out and watching open practices can be enlighting & entertaining too.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: