RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kathy Oliver out at UCLA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 03/18/08 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
fancy,

Charli Turner Thorne's name has been mentioned here, but I think it's a great idea. She won't win a national championship at Arizona State.

With all her NCAA tournament trips, and seeds from 6-12, I would think Staley is ready for a change and perhaps the UCLA job. UVA isn't opening up anytime soon and timing is everything to make a career move.

Otherwise, and probably more realistically, they should get Caldwell, Elliot or Cardoza to inject some life into the program.

I really think Boucek, Elliot and Stanley are darkhorses. Denise Curry is a bad idea.

Hey PR, I'm not sure I'm enamored by the CTT idea. I think she has limited coaching possibilities, underrecruits after spending so much time getting into the national scene and can't adapt her coaching style. I'd prefer she stay at ASU.

I think Staley is ready for a change. There are limits to what Temple can achieve. I used to live in Philly and I'm sure you're not going to attract kids from all over the country to that part of the city. However, I think Staley is also very much attached to the east coast. However, we need some new blood in the Pac-10. We've gotten 3 former Duke assistants. Now, we need someone with different ideas that comes from a different system.

Denise Curry is the worst idea. I dearly hope UCLA is not entertaining it.

LadyDevilFan

PostPosted: 03/18/08 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
PRballer wrote:
fancy,

Charli Turner Thorne's name has been mentioned here, but I think it's a great idea. She won't win a national championship at Arizona State.

With all her NCAA tournament trips, and seeds from 6-12, I would think Staley is ready for a change and perhaps the UCLA job. UVA isn't opening up anytime soon and timing is everything to make a career move.

Otherwise, and probably more realistically, they should get Caldwell, Elliot or Cardoza to inject some life into the program.

I really think Boucek, Elliot and Stanley are darkhorses. Denise Curry is a bad idea.

Hey PR, I'm not sure I'm enamored by the CTT idea. I think she has limited coaching possibilities, underrecruits after spending so much time getting into the national scene and can't adapt her coaching style. I'd prefer she stay at ASU.

Me too, for obviously quite different reasons. Besides, I'm pretty sure there would be contractual hurdles discouraging CTT from leaving ASU for another Pac-10 school. Enough money could probably over come that, but Charli doesn't want to leave ASU anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: